Is $250 a good price for a 2004 Cervelo One.
    RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012

Is $250 a good price for a 2004 Cervelo One.

It is the black frame, yellow Cervelo decals, Ultegra shifters, 105 deraileurs,
    Ultegra brakes, Ritchey wheels..

Good buy?

ngl
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2002
    You can find the value range using Kellybluebook.com. Personally I'd spend a few dollars and have a bike shop look at it unless you know the bike fits you, it's not stolen, the frame is in good shape, the components are not worn & need replaced, and the tires are in decent shape.

'brifter' is a lame word.
    It's bicyclebluebook.com...KBB is for cars.

https://www.bicyclebluebook.com/sear....aspx?id=31425
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

ngl
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cxwrench View Post
    It's bicyclebluebook.com...KBB is for cars.

https://www.bicyclebluebook.com/sear....aspx?id=31425
    Yes you are right. Thanks for the correction and link.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ngl View Post
    You can find the value range using Kellybluebook.com. Personally I'd spend a few dollars and have a bike shop look at it unless you know the bike fits you, it's not stolen, the frame is in good shape, the components are not worn & need replaced, and the tires are in decent shape.
    What I put in bold here is IMO more important that what Bicycle Blue Book says it's worth. If it doesn't fit well, the frame is cracked or it's stolen, that $250 down the s#!tter.
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
    What I put in bold here is IMO more important that what Bicycle Blue Book says it's worth. If it doesn't fit well, the frame is cracked or it's stolen, that $250 down the s#!tter.
    Its about $100 high according to blue book, but I find that bluebook trends really low on values, and they don't consider upgraded components, etc.

It's in great shape, not stolen, and it fits me really well, that's the primary reason I'm considering it. Components are all in good shape, tires too. (Conti)

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    wow, I haven't been on blue book in a while, they do have a place for considering upgraded components, considering that, its right in line price wise, maybe even a bit cheaper..

I may have answered my own question...lol

RoadBikeReview Member
    If it's in good condition, $250 is an excellent buy. Here in southern California, that bike would go for $400-500. Any bluebook is good reference, but in the end, it's what people are willing to spend. Even if it didn't fit, you could flip it and make a few dollars on it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by terbennett View Post
    If it's in good condition, $250 is an excellent buy. Here in southern California, that bike would go for $400-500. Any bluebook is good reference, but in the end, it's what people are willing to spend. Even if it didn't fit, you could flip it and make a few dollars on it.
    Thanks for the info, The bike is in excellent condition, and fits me perfectly ( I am only 5'4") That is the primary reason I am so interested in it. Plus, its just a cool looking bike and hey...its a Cervelo to boot. hard to go too wrong with a nicely equipped Cervelo.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billetproofcustoms View Post
    Thanks for the info, The bike is in excellent condition, and fits me perfectly ( I am only 5'4") That is the primary reason I am so interested in it. Plus, its just a cool looking bike and hey...its a Cervelo to boot. hard to go too wrong with a nicely equipped Cervelo.
    I believe "excellent condition and fits you perfectly" seals the deal. In the end, it's really about what it's worth to YOU. While nobody likes to feel that they paid more for something than they it's worth on paper, $250 is still pretty rock bottom for a bike that checks these two boxes.
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
    I believe "excellent condition and fits you perfectly" seals the deal. In the end, it's really about what it's worth to YOU. While nobody likes to feel that they paid more for something than they it's worth on paper, $250 is still pretty rock bottom for a bike that checks these two boxes.
    I agree 100%.

And if it doesnt fit after you ride more, or you just want something different, it still will be worth a few hundred dollars (you could list it to a wider audience on eBay, take great photos, have great description etc, and sell for max market value). You could road bike with people on their $2-10k bikes and have just as much fun/fitness as them, but have only outlayed $250 ... brilliant.