Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

'07 S-Works Roubaix SL Dura-Ace or '10 Roubaix Expert Compact

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  aminkman 
#1 ·
I found a less than 500 mile '07 S Works Roubaix SL Dura Ace for about the same price as a '10 Roubaix Expert. I have been away from riding for 10 plus years and Roubaix seems like the way to go since I have back issues. I am currently riding a mid 90's Kestral 4000 with same vintage Dura Ace.
Is there any reason I would choose 1 over the other. Dura Ace seems like the logical choice but I don't know if I would be better off with a 3 year newer bike. Is '10 Ultegra as good as '07 Dura Ace? Is '07 FACT 10r better than '10 FACT 9r carbon. Is $3000 to much to pay for a '07 bike? Like I said, I have been away from this for a long time.

#2 ·
Not intended as advice, just some food for thought...
In 2006 I bought a used (900 miles) Specialized Roubaix Expert on e-Bay for $1425! I loved that bike, and rode the hell out of it. Notice that is past tense. The frame developed a crack at the bottom bracket, and had to be replaced. Unfortunately, Specialized does not warranty used bikes. My local Specialized dealer took great care of me though, and I was able to pick up a new 2010 Roubaix Pro for $1400, instead of the MSRP of $1900. The new frame comes with a lifetime warranty from Specialized. Which is good, because the integrated headset just crapped out after 300 miles.

#4 ·
Get the new one, no question.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.