2019 Canyon Endurace – something is NOT right here - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by fronesis View Post
    Weird.

Because they now have the 2019 Ultimate models and those bikes did NOT get heavier.

At 8.1kg your 2019 CF SL 8.0 bike weighs exactly the same as my 2018 CF SL 7.0 bike weighs.
    Well, I'm not professional and altought it is nice to have lighter bike, it doesn't really concern me. I'm fine with it. I would actually buy 2019 model anyway, as it comes with semi-compact chainring, which for me is better than compact.

I am very satisfied with the bike.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2004
    I contacted Canyon in regard to the stated weight difference between the 2018 and 2019 ENDURACE CF SL DISC 8.0 models.
    Here is their reply:

"Regarding the weight difference, for the 2019 models the estimated weight came from averages from the individual parts themselves and not an actual weighing of the bike which is what caused the variance. We weighed one on hand and found its weight to be more in the middle of the two models which is more in line with a normal variance."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by fronesis View Post
    I bought an Endurace CF SL Disc 7.0 back in December. I LOVE IT. My wife is in need of a new bike, and I'm looking at a Canyon for her.

Canyon has just updated their site to list "NEW" (i.e. 2019) versions of the CF SL Disc 8.0. They still have the "old" versions listed as well.

THE WEIGHTS THEY HAVE LISTED MAKE NO SENSE AT ALL.

On the 8.0 bike, the bikes are identical in terms of all components except the new bike has a 50/34 crank and an 11/34 cassette, where the old one hand a 52/36 and and 11/32. Otherwise, nothing has changed: same wheelset, same Ultegra R8020 groupset, same indicated weights for the frameset.

Yet the NEW bike weighs 500 grams more. It also costs $100 more too. WTF?

I assume this is a typo, but it's been up there for over a week, and it's on all of Canyon's international sites. I tried to call them, but the wait was 40 minutes.

Here are the links:

1. The old bike
    https://www.canyon.com/en-us/road/en...cf-sl-disc-8-0

2. The new bike
    https://www.canyon.com/en-us/road/en...cf-sl-disc-8-0
    Resurrecting an old thread here. But I can answer this for anyone researching canyon bikes. Just got my Endurace CF SL 8.O Disc last week. 2019 model. As soon as I got it assembled but before I put the pedals, my computer, etc on it, I weighed it. I used a luggage scale I know to be pretty accurate. It was 16.74 pounds. Converted to metric that's 7.6 KG which is what Canyon claims for the 2018. Their website says 8.1 for the 2019 - which I conclude is in error.

There you have it...if it really matters.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman6161 View Post
    Resurrecting an old thread here. But I can answer this for anyone researching canyon bikes. Just got my Endurace CF SL 8.O Disc last week. 2019 model. As soon as I got it assembled but before I put the pedals, my computer, etc on it, I weighed it. I used a luggage scale I know to be pretty accurate. It was 16.74 pounds. Converted to metric that's 7.6 KG which is what Canyon claims for the 2018. Their website says 8.1 for the 2019 - which I conclude is in error.

There you have it...if it really matters.
    Thanks for the real life weight details. I am still looking at the 2019 Endurace CF SL 8.O Disc and now the recently released Canyon 2019 Endurace CF SL 8.O Disc Pro. I really like the Campy equipped Pro version, but I need a size Small frame. Canyon equipped the Small size 'Pro' version with only 170mm cranks. I want/need a 172.5mm. Canyon will not swap cranks out. The stem on the Small is also a bit too short for me. Canyon may swap stems for length? At the moment I am not sure.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2017
    I once tried to buy an XXS Focus Izalco Donna (DuraAce Di2) from a bike shop. The bike came equipped with 170mm(!!) cranks. I asked the bike shop why they spec'd 170mm cranks on such a small bike. They told me that the manufacturers put on whatever they have available. I then asked if they would be willing to swap them for 165mm. They would not do it for free. They told us if we purchased the new cranks from them they would install them for us for free. We also inquired about upgrading wheels to some nice Enve SES they had in the store. Got the same answer. If we bought them, they would install them (?), but they didn't offer credit for the old wheels. I think that shop is under new management, so I'm not sure if their policies have changed (I would hope so).

I'm pretty sure Canyon, being online only, doesn't have a stock of spare components or pull-offs laying around to swap out. Stems might be an exception, but I'm not sure. I've purchased two Canyons now, and I never really considered asking them to modify component specs. I just assumed the answer was 'no'.
    Last edited by Finx; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:16 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Finx View Post
    I once tried to buy an XXS Focus Izalco Donna (DuraAce Di2) from a bike shop. The bike came equipped with 170mm(!!) cranks. I asked the bike shop why they spec'd 170mm cranks on such a small bike. They told me that the manufacturers put on whatever they have available. I then asked if they would be willing to swap them for 165mm. They would not do it for free. They told us if we purchased the new cranks from them they would install them for us for free. We also inquired about upgrading wheels to some nice Enve SES they had in the store. Got the same answer. If we bought them, they would install them (?), but they didn't offer credit for the old wheels. I think that shop is under new management, so I'm not sure if their policies have changed (I would hope so).

I'm pretty sure Canyon, being online only, doesn't have a stock of spare components or pull-offs laying around to swap out. Stems might be an exception, but I'm not sure. I've purchased two Canyons now, and I never really considered asking them to modify component specs. I just assumed the answer was 'no'.
    A bunch of their bikes use integrated carbon stem/bar units. I certainly wouldn’t be buying a bike where I couldn’t specify both stem length as well as bar width.

That would be a no brainer.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2017
    First thing I did on my Endurace was to remove the integrated bar/stem and replace it with my beloved Enve Compact Road bars.

Canyon uses a 1 1/4" steerer, which significantly reduced the choices for available stems.

I ended up with a nice Ritchey Superlogic c260 carbon stem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12