Alpha-Q CS-20

Thread: Alpha-Q CS-20

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2006

Alpha-Q CS-20

Anyone have experience with this fork. I'm replacing my Columbus Carve with this, courtesy of the Farmington School bus and my ditch diving. LBS found it on sale for me...anyone's opinions/thoughts/warnings?
    "It was a bio-mechanical" both legs went flat....

kmc
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2002

got one...

I got one on my custom Curtlo. I like the look of straight forks, plus I like True Temper's approach to the steerer tube where you have to glue the aluminum insert and use a traditional starnut. This design does have its drawbacks...once the insert is set you can only cut an additional 10mm.

Another thing...it has a matte finish instead of a gloss.

I think I paid $215 for mine directly from Doug Curtiss...not too bad for a reasonably light (425 grams) fork. The fork seems plenty stiff for me.

Any other questions, let me know.
    Attached Images Attached Images

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2006
    Thanks, any other takers, I know there's lots of opinions out there on this...
    "It was a bio-mechanical" both legs went flat....

monkey with flamethrower
    An excellent fork with no drawbacks other than the funny stem insert thing. But that has its advantages too. True Tempers compare with the best of them
    Chances are, I posted this drunk.

Juanmoretime
    I can't comment on the fork your looking at although I'm currently riding an Alpha Q GS-30 and find it to be the best fork I've ever ridden. Its very light while not being the lightest. The little bit of extra weight, it weighs 302 grams with the insert glued, seems to be carbon in the right places for stiffness that just shows up as a firm ride and instant response.
    For my next trick I will now set myself on fire!

RoadBikeReview Member

They are Sexay!

or so I'm told. Sorry I couldn't resist.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2004
    Years late to the party ... I just bought one of these forks off of eBay to replace the broken fork on my Fuji road bike. Really nice fork except that the bridge is significantly lower than on the original Fuji fork and the 28c tires I was running are now rubbing on the underside of the Alpha Q fork. I have another wheelset with 25c tires and they fit fine..

'brifter' is a lame word.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkretsch View Post
    Years late to the party ... I just bought one of these forks off of eBay to replace the broken fork on my Fuji road bike. Really nice fork except that the bridge is significantly lower than on the original Fuji fork and the 28c tires I was running are now rubbing on the underside of the Alpha Q fork. I have another wheelset with 25c tires and they fit fine..
    After 11 years I'm sure the world is a better now that you've posted this.
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards