Another Killer Bike deal!
    Home Brew User!
    Jul 2004

Another Killer Bike deal!

Along with the Airborne and the Bikesdirect deals advertised here, Performance has an ultegra Iron Horse on sale for 1129 + 50 shipping.

Here is the link http://www.performancebike.com/shop/...tegory_ID=3040

However, I just went though the process (stopped short) and the current 20% coupon code seems to work for the bike. Subtract the 10% for the team perfromance credit and it is quite a deal!

The Velomax vistas are not as much bling as the AM 350 but I don't think the have the concern for us clydes.

I need a build kit. How much do you think I could ebay the frame for? $150?

that would leave me a brand new 10 speed kit with all parts and wheels for $800.

Can anybody loan me some money?
    Joined the other team in the name of the economy

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Oh, great, now Performance has people shilling their products. What next, Supergo?!!!!

(For the humor impaired the above was intended to be sarcastic humor).

Bacon!

Humor? People have humor here?

Quote Originally Posted by cdmc
    Oh, great, now Performance has people shilling their products. What next, Supergo?!!!!

(For the humor impaired the above was intended to be sarcastic humor).
    Ok, that was supposed to be humor also, except I'm horrible at the whole humor thing I think.

Anyway, I wish performance had decided to carry that bike a while back. One of the local LBS sells closeouts here and had the Ironhorse but in the wrong size. Seemed like a great deal at the time. I love my bike I've got now, but would have really liked to try out a proper sized Ironhorse. Although I've got to admit, I've got an Ironhorse Hollowpoint MTB and the thing is my personal demon. It is determined to kill me and we have a major hate-hate relationship going I think. Oh well, still like the Ironhorse roadbike overall.
    “To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit — ever. They’re like the Viet Cong — Varmint Cong. So you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower.”

I'm not like anyone else
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifelover
    Along with the Airborne and the Bikesdirect deals advertised here, Performance has an ultegra Iron Horse on sale for 1129 + 50 shipping.

Here is the link http://www.performancebike.com/shop/...tegory_ID=3040

However, I just went though the process (stopped short) and the current 20% coupon code seems to work for the bike. Subtract the 10% for the team perfromance credit and it is quite a deal!

The Velomax vistas are not as much bling as the AM 350 but I don't think the have the concern for us clydes.

I need a build kit. How much do you think I could ebay the frame for? $150?

that would leave me a brand new 10 speed kit with all parts and wheels for $800.

Can anybody loan me some money?
    Can't loan any $$$. Have to build a bike for my son. He's here for the summer taking classes at UVA and has stolen my new SS. The only way I'll get it back is if I get him a new bike. Sorry!

However, next month Performance has their yearly blow out sale and you will be able to find some pretty good deals on all sorts of bikes which may be better thatn what you've postd here... You may be able to find a group for $800 but I just did a quick tour at the big P and it rang up to $919 for Ultegra/10 brifters, crankset with rear cassett, FD and RD. If you can hold on for a week or so check it out.

Cheers...
    I love my coonhound!