tihsepa
    I would ride it. Prety cool.
  • 04-03-2013
    midlife_xs's
    Looks industrial strength.
  • 04-03-2013
    crossracer
    Anyone for a Kirk
    Pure awesomeness. Sold these back in the days, one bike that everyone could see you riding a mile away.
    They had issues. But darn they were interesting.

Bill
  • 04-03-2013
    redondoaveb
    If I had some extra cash I would buy that sucker. Don't know why but it would be cool to cruise the neighborhood on.
  • 04-04-2013
    Richard
    I actually rode with a guy in our club back in the '80's who sold his classic white/red/chromed lugged Bottechia SLX with full Campy C Record and bought one of those. It was heavy, rode like crap, and looked it too.

We never let him live it down.
  • 04-04-2013
    Mapei
    Ya know, I've never seen a Kirk that wasn't at least 60cm. I know it's ridiculous, but it's something that's kept my lust for the things well tamped down through the years. (I ride bicycles in the 52-53 range.)
  • 04-05-2013
    crossracer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I actually rode with a guy in our club back in the '80's who sold his classic white/red/chromed lugged Bottechia SLX with full Campy C Record and bought one of those. It was heavy, rode like crap, and looked it too.

We never let him live it down.

All very true, except maybe the looks, thats a personnel thing. But it was heavy and the ride sucked. But it was one of the most unusual bikes ever made. Its up there with the Thrimble, or some of the Kestrals. Just a really unique piece. It came out during a time of real craziness in the bike industry, pre STI (not by much), pre crazy carbon everything. Heck there were american der's out there, and so many different pedal systems and makers. Just loads of fun.

I kinda miss it sometimes. Or maybe i just miss being young. LOL LOL

Bill
  • 04-05-2019
    orangegore
    Quote:

Originally Posted by crossracer View Post
    Pure awesomeness. Sold these back in the days, one bike that everyone could see you riding a mile away.
    They had issues. But darn they were interesting.

Bill

What were the issues?
  • 04-05-2019
    kiwisimon
    Quote:

Originally Posted by orangegore View Post
    What were the issues?

they broke quite often. brake mounts were dodgy and rode like a brick.