• 01-21-2005
    Jaybo
    Anyone know anything about the '05 Jamis Eclipse?
    I'm thinking about trying a Campy equipped bike. Anyone know anything about this
    <a href="http://jamisbikes.com/bikes/05_eclipse.html"> bike</a>

No fluff but a solid looking bike. Price?

Jaybo
  • 01-21-2005
    Sintesi
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaybo
    I'm thinking about trying a Campy equipped bike. Anyone know anything about this

Jaybo

Jamis = Value.

They pack a lot of spec into their price points and I've never heard bad about them. My friend has a Comet and he likes it lots. I trust the brand.

That bike, the Eclipse, is going for about $2500-600.
  • 01-27-2005
    runrideswim
    Jamis - Yes!
    I have an '05 Xenith Pro on order - should be here in about two weeks. The parts spec is what put me over the edge. A coworker of mine has an '03 Comet and has been very successful racing it. He ordered an '05 Xenith Team. I might suggest shopping around for a better price. My local Jamis dealer is selling me my ride for $2,250.
  • 01-28-2005
    trener1
    Hey There
    Nice timing on this thread.
    I just went into my LBS last week, and he suggested the Jamis as well, showed me the catalogue, indeed they do look sweet.
    I would be very interested in hearing from you after you have ridden it for a bit.
    would you mind emailing me directly? trener1 at gmail dot com

BTW that is a good price my shop quoted me a higher price, though to be fair he is a very small shop and might be getting a higher price from Jamis.
    Also do you know how much your coworker paid for his Team?

Quote:

Originally Posted by runrideswim
    I have an '05 Xenith Pro on order - should be here in about two weeks. The parts spec is what put me over the edge. A coworker of mine has an '03 Comet and has been very successful racing it. He ordered an '05 Xenith Team. I might suggest shopping around for a better price. My local Jamis dealer is selling me my ride for $2,250.

• 01-29-2005
    brurider
    Jamis Eclipse
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaybo

Jaybo

While talking to my LBS owner about building me up either a carbon fibre or lightweight steel frame I came across the Eclipse on the net. My LBS was impressed with the setup and opined that he hasn't carried Jamis for a couple years.. I did some phone price shopping and found the Eclipse could be had for $2000-$2500 in SE PA, depending on where you look. Had my local guy still carried them, I think he would be in the $2000 range and I seriously would have considered one. Failing in that, I went with an IRD Impala frame with Campy Centaur 10 speed and compact 34/50 chainring setup for a couple hundred $ less. Bike fitting, swapping out components, and great customer service made me stick with by LBS instead of going for the apparent cheapest deal.
  • 01-30-2005
    runrideswim
    Xenith Team
    He traded in his '03 Comet, but essentially he paid $3,600 for it. Our LBS that sells Jamis is the small guy of the four in our area. I don't think he gets a great price from Jamis, but rather he recognizes that a $500-600 profit on a sale is better than nothing! Ironically, he admitted to me that road bikes in particular are WAY overpriced. I found his philosphy very refreshing!