Anyone know anything about the '05 Jamis Eclipse?
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2002

Anyone know anything about the '05 Jamis Eclipse?

I'm thinking about trying a Campy equipped bike. Anyone know anything about this
    bike

No fluff but a solid looking bike. Price?

Jaybo

I'm on a time-out/temporary ban
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo
    I'm thinking about trying a Campy equipped bike. Anyone know anything about this
    bike

Jaybo

Jamis = Value.

They pack a lot of spec into their price points and I've never heard bad about them. My friend has a Comet and he likes it lots. I trust the brand.

That bike, the Eclipse, is going for about $2500-600.

Aug 2004

Jamis - Yes!

I have an '05 Xenith Pro on order - should be here in about two weeks. The parts spec is what put me over the edge. A coworker of mine has an '03 Comet and has been very successful racing it. He ordered an '05 Xenith Team. I might suggest shopping around for a better price. My local Jamis dealer is selling me my ride for $2,250.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2004

Hey There

Nice timing on this thread.
    I just went into my LBS last week, and he suggested the Jamis as well, showed me the catalogue, indeed they do look sweet.
    I would be very interested in hearing from you after you have ridden it for a bit.
    would you mind emailing me directly? trener1 at gmail dot com

BTW that is a good price my shop quoted me a higher price, though to be fair he is a very small shop and might be getting a higher price from Jamis.
    Also do you know how much your coworker paid for his Team?

Quote Originally Posted by runrideswim
    I have an '05 Xenith Pro on order - should be here in about two weeks. The parts spec is what put me over the edge. A coworker of mine has an '03 Comet and has been very successful racing it. He ordered an '05 Xenith Team. I might suggest shopping around for a better price. My local Jamis dealer is selling me my ride for $2,250.

Undiscovered Cyclist
    May 2002

Jamis Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo
    bike

Jaybo
    While talking to my LBS owner about building me up either a carbon fibre or lightweight steel frame I came across the Eclipse on the net. My LBS was impressed with the setup and opined that he hasn't carried Jamis for a couple years.. I did some phone price shopping and found the Eclipse could be had for $2000-$2500 in SE PA, depending on where you look. Had my local guy still carried them, I think he would be in the $2000 range and I seriously would have considered one. Failing in that, I went with an IRD Impala frame with Campy Centaur 10 speed and compact 34/50 chainring setup for a couple hundred $ less. Bike fitting, swapping out components, and great customer service made me stick with by LBS instead of going for the apparent cheapest deal.

Aug 2004

Xenith Team

He traded in his '03 Comet, but essentially he paid $3,600 for it. Our LBS that sells Jamis is the small guy of the four in our area. I don't think he gets a great price from Jamis, but rather he recognizes that a $500-600 profit on a sale is better than nothing! Ironically, he admitted to me that road bikes in particular are WAY overpriced. I found his philosphy very refreshing!