Beyond Fabrications...Beyond obtainable?
    RoadBikeReview Member

Beyond Fabrications...Beyond obtainable?

I met up with an old friend who I hadn't seen in a while at a local race and he was riding a Beyond Fabrications carbon frame bike. I managed to ride it around for a bit and loved it. Very responsive, quick acceleration, stiff bottom bracket, comfortable, yada yada. The problem is, this guy who makes them hasn't joined the 21rst century. He doesn't have a website, and info about this guy is near nil. Yeah, my buddy's gonna email me some contact info, but still, anyone have any feedback on this company?

Jun 2005
    I decided to resurrect this thread after seeing Beyond Fabrications at a local convention and not being able to find any information about them. I checked out some of their frames and wheelsets, and they look really nice and have a reasonably price point, but I, too, am looking for opinions, reviews, etc, and can't seem to find anything.

They do have a website now: beyondfab.com
    Do or do not; there is no try. There is crash though. There is definitely crash.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2004
    I am not sure if it is the same company, but I recall a company back in the early to mid 90's called Beyond Beryllium Fabrication. They built Beryllium alloy frames. They were based over in the silicone valley as well . The company was headed by Chris Hinshaw a former Pro Triathlete.

At the time, I think the frames may have been a little ahead of the times??

Jun 2005
    Yup, that's the same company. Apparently they still make beryllium frames occasionally, but are focusing on carbon now.
    Do or do not; there is no try. There is crash though. There is definitely crash.

Nov 2005
    That's interesting. Formula One engine blocks were made of Beryllium alloys in the mid to late 90's too. It was banned in 2001. Some say due to safety concerns and others say for cost reduction. It was political.