Building Bike…new frame…bottom bracket? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    I received my Emonda SLR P1 frame set and I really like it. It turned out nice. Trek did a nice job on the paint. I went with Rage Red. I don't usually dig red, but I kept coming back to this color out of all the colors choices Trek offered. I almost did the Rage Red/Trek Black, but decided to stick with just one color. I decided to step outside the box this time and go with a brighter color and glad I did.

Also, I settled on and purchased the Token Ninja BB.

5DM36848.jpg

Oh btw, all the bearings are still doing fine on the Madone - not a peep out of them, nor have I had to do "service my bearings every ride" Not a peep and rolling strong.

'brifter' is a lame word.
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodical View Post
    I received my Emonda SLR P1 frame set and I really like it. It turned out nice. Trek did a nice job on the paint. I went with Rage Red. I don't usually dig red, but I kept coming back to this color out of all the colors choices Trek offered. I almost did the Rage Red/Trek Black, but decided to stick with just one color. I decided to step outside the box this time and go with a brighter color and glad I did.

Also, I settled on and purchased the Token Ninja BB.

5DM36848.jpg

Oh btw, all the bearings are still doing fine on the Madone - not a peep out of them, nor have I had to do "service my bearings every ride" Not a peep and rolling strong.
    Unless you have the world's shortest femurs your seat mast cap is on backwards.
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    I put it on this way so I can use it on my bike stand to work on the bike and didn't change it for the photo shoot. The seat mast is short and the seat mast bolt that secures it to the integrated seat post won't let the stand grip around the seat post (seat mast bolt is in the way). This way I can get a better grip. It works best this way, temporarily that is. I may have to find another work stand for future use as I don't like to secure the bike using the top tube
    Last edited by Methodical; 04-18-2019 at 07:00 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by cxwrench View Post
    Agreed, this is one of my all-time favorite bike related purchases (along with my derailleur hanger alignment tool)

Quote Originally Posted by Finx View Post
    Agreed, this is one of my all-time favorite bike related purchases (along with my derailleur hanger alignment tool)
    Which one do you have? I use my HAG every damn day.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    Thanks. I will check out that work stand.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by cxwrench View Post
    Which one do you have? I use my HAG every damn day.
    I use the Park DAG 2.2.

Any time I have a chain off of a bike, there is really good chance the derailleur is coming off the hangar and the alignment gauge goes on. it takes two minutes to check the alignment. It's become a habit. Most of the time, no adjustment is needed, but occasionally it will get a small tweak. I'm pretty OCD about having a clean and quiet running bike.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2017
    I’m look a nice carbon frame as well for a more plush ride/ride Position compared to my Allez Sprint. Any recommendations? Colnago, wilier, Bianchi sound interesting since they are different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 07stuntin6r View Post
    I’m look a nice carbon frame as well for a more plush ride/ride Position compared to my Allez Sprint. Any recommendations? Colnago, wilier, Bianchi sound interesting since they are different.

The only frames that will give you a noticeable 'more plush' ride are the Trek Domane and Madone, and Specialized Roubaix. On any other bike (and even these) tire size/selection/pressure will make more difference than frame selection.

And you should be starting your own thread rather than asking frame selection questions in a thread about bottom brackets.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 07stuntin6r View Post

Take a look at the Domane, Roubaix, Cannondale Synapse, and the Wilier Cento10NDR if you want a more comfort focused ride. I have a buddy that sells Wiliers if you want a deal on one of those. Just DM me.
    Every climb has its end, for verily with difficulty there is relief...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashadabd View Post
    Take a look at the Domane, Roubaix, Cannondale Synapse, and the Wilier Cento10NDR if you want a more comfort focused ride. I have a buddy that sells Wiliers if you want a deal on one of those. Just DM me.
    Will do when the time comes! Have to do more research

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12