CAAD 10 vs FUJI Transonic
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2015

CAAD 10 vs FUJI Transonic

Hey guys, Im looking to get a new road bike for racing/ fast group rides. I've narrowed down to two options. The CAAD 10 105 and the Fuji Transonic 105. They both cost the same. Im on the fence right now and don't know what to chose!!

Fuji Transonic 2.8 Road Bike- 2015 - Performance Exclusive

Cannondale CAAD10 105 5 - Northern Virginia & Maryland 703.248.9600

RoadBikeReview Member
    which one appeals to you the most, why? Why these two especially? Have you ridden them at all? What's your experience and fitness level? What are you riding now and what are you wanting to get more or less of from a new bike?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2015
    I have test ridden both and I like the Fuji Transonic. The Caad10 had 105 and the Fuji had Ultegra. I thought the Fuji was more aerodynamic, and I liked the look of the frame better. I was seriously considering buying the Fuji, but I found a killer deal on a Ridley Fenix Force 22 from Competitive Cycle. Can't go wrong with either one.

I love to climb!
    The Fuji is carbon, if that's important to you. I'd personally choose the Fuji, but both are great bikes. You wouldn't go wrong with either.
    Stop in at Element Sports. www.elementsport.com
    Get Out! Have Fun!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2013
    I'd buy the cannondale from freshbikes and get a fitting with clovis.

I see no ultegra anything on the fuji. Keep in mind performance exclusive means shimano shifter and rear derailleur of X level (105, ultegra). Everything else is a lesser component (tektro brake, cheapo fsa crank, seatpost, stem, bars, etc.).

RoadBikeReview Member
    I'd get the Cannondale too, but I'm a Cannondale guy. Get the one that makes you smile the most. There is probably not enough of a difference in ride quality to really notice. If you like carbon over aluminum then get that one.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2014
    I like the look of aero frames so I would go with the Transonic as long as it is comfortable and fits. It is a very good value IMO, although keep in mind that Performance as a bike shop is probably not as knowledgeable or useful post sale as other bike stores. You do get the bonus points which will pay for some extra gear.

Plus you will probably go a smidge faster on the Transonic

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    I don't know if you made your mind up already or not, but both of these bikes were in my final group of choices. I test rode the Transonic twice and the Caad10 once. I was also considering the Focus Cayo and the Orbea Orca OMP at the end. I liked the Fuji, it rode well and was comfortable, but the C5 carbon version just seemed to feel heavy and kind of sluggish when trying to accelerate quickly (particularly on a short, steep punchy, or long climb). Ii couldn't get past that even with the awesome deal I found on the price. The Cayo and Orca were incredible, but I was never able to find them at a price that could compete with the Caad10 and the Fuji. In the end, I really could not come up with a downside to the Caad10 (and I tried man). You can set it up light if you want, people rave about the ride quality and the stiffness, and it's just a fun bike to be out there on at the end of the day. The question I couldn't get past was: why pay more for a frame that is going to perform pretty similarly? Choosing the Caad also left a lot of $$$ in the budget to choose the components and wheels I wanted. I wish you the best (if you are still looking). I will also share this thread that helped me a bit: http://forums.roadbikereview.com/can...ve-347002.html

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/can...ve-347002.html
    Every climb has its end, for verily with difficulty there is relief...