cervelo R3 versus cervelo soloist carbon
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2006

cervelo R3 versus cervelo soloist carbon

I am interested in getting either of these 2 bikes, but want to ask for opinions on the 2. I am looking for a good all-around bike (good climbing bike, but also comfortable enough to do a century). I already have an aluminum frame and was looking to venture into the carbon market. Let me know of your opinions on the two if you have ridden. I hope to test ride both of them in the near future.
    Also, what do you think would be better - frame alone or with one of the packages?
    Thanks.

key
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2004
    I would suggest you ride both and let the ride decide. I had an R2.5 and had issues and they replaced it with the Carbon Soloist. With is Amazing!!!! Similiar ride as the 2.5 but much stiffer, now the R3 is more similiar to the soloist then the R2.5. I had the option of either and chose the soloist, mainly because I was just weary of another 2.5 type problem and the wafer thin seat stays freaked me out as that was my issue on the R2.5.

Try both and see what you like more. In the end the weight savings were not the different and I wanted a more durable ride.

cheers