Chinese carbon frame Ebay and direct thread 3.0 - Page 2
Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2010
    Been lurking on these threads for a while and just bought a FM028 ISP frame from carbonzone on ebay. Frame came four days later, it was a bit rough around the edges but good for the price.
    Want to try and build this bike up as light as I can(afford). Just wondering has anyone changed the seat mast stubby? Was going to swap it for a Tune cappy 34.9 but when I measured the seat mast the diameter was 36mm. Seems an odd size, anyway how much wiggle room would there be with the Tune? Could I make it fit or should I go for the larger size (38.2).

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2010
    my fm028 has a 37mm seat tube. i would go for the 38.2 cappy and a custom shim, or do as i've done, made a custom carbon stubby.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2007
    I test road a bike today. I am pretty sure it was the FM018 although the down tube might have had a bit more of a bend to it. It was hard to tell.
    The bike was non-ISP had full Token Accura components, an easton aerobar, and Edge 58 and 88mm wheels.
    Once I got some miles on it and got comfortable, it was FAST. I was shocked at how stiff and fast the bike was. It felt stiffer than a Fuji D6 which is impressive. I think the D6 was slightly easier to steer than this one. This bike was so stiff, that to steer, you really just slide your shoulders side to side rather than move the handle bars.

Anyways, quite a nice bike and supper stiff. It is a little unstable at low speeds and a little hard to sprint standing up, but slightly wider base bars and more time on the bike would help that.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by timed
    my fm028 has a 37mm seat tube. i would go for the 38.2 cappy and a custom shim, or do as i've done, made a custom carbon stubby.
    Thanks timed, can't get the 38.2 cappy for 4 to 6 weeks. How did you make your own? Might give it a go if its not to difficult.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Question for the guys who have an FM015. what headset do you have and which ones are compatible with the frame?

Ohm
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2009
    Taiwanese made "Velocite Magnus" frame is USD499 including shipping from Yongs shop. Price has gone up from ca 480 in the last days and he has removed the "Flux" frame (mtb) from the webshop. I have not asked about if he still can get the "Flux". Seatposts are also very Velocity-like. He had some other frames as well that he has removed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mail answers were quick and the first time I asked about the lighter frame version that he was mentioning in the ebay auction.

Hi,friend. Thanks for you asking. We have the superlight version design. It is lighter than this list shows. But we have not get it in store. If you want, it will take about 30 days to make for you. And it will be expensive.
    Best regards

Yong
    CyclingYONG & CustomYONG
    web site:www.cyclingyong.com
    I asked about the price.

hi,friend,
    if the super light version,it will more expensive than 160$. no much.but also not cheap.haha

Yong
    CyclingYONG & CustomYONG
    [email protected]
    https://www.cyclingyong.com/category.php?id=44
    https://cgi.ebay.com/R1-Carbon-Fiber...item3a5e66c0aa
    same person?
    https://cgi.ebay.com/Road-Bike-full-...item4cf0b9dbd5

edit; found the old Flux auction where he also mentions the lighter version. I didn't find the old road frame auction with Yong mentioning the lighter version. From the pictures he had on his shop the lighter version looked like having the carbon BB30 bottom bracket (as original Velocite) - not the alu one. I have not asked him about the bottom bracket.
    https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FULL-CARBON-F...item3a5e6a6a1f
    Last edited by Ohm; 09-16-2010 at 05:55 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohm

Hi,friend. Thanks for you asking. We have the superlight version design. It is lighter than this list shows. But we have not get it in store. If you want, it will take about 30 days to make for you. And it will be expensive.
    Best regards

Yong
    CyclingYONG & CustomYONG
    My favorite line from his site (for the $720 "Prince" frame)
    Every Frame has the LIFE INSURANCE. Make your sagacity choose!!!
    I nearly did spit my coke at the monitor when I read that one. Pure Chinglish awesomeness. I wonder if that's term or whole-life insurance?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2010
    Why this guys seels it so expensive? u can get it somewhere else for way less than that. U havent seen the paint jobs a guy in spain is coming with, are better than these ones.

ps: now i get it, free shipping?

Ohm
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2009
    Yong is the only one I know of that sells a "Velocite Magnus" frame like these. Stradelli also does but they cost USD900.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2007
    Seems like there are four companies on here people buy from, so I thought I would just quickly list the contact at each company, feel free to update or even start a thread just for this.

Dengfu – Mina, Tony
    Hongfu - Jenny
    Miracle Trading - Jack
    Cycling Yong - Yong

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009
    Hey everyone, here's some pics of my 58cm FM028 from carbonzone;

Bout $600 usd all in inc postage to UK, headset and bonus seat clamp. All good apart from rear wheel seems a little bit misaligned, could be dishing.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2007
    You gotta swap those pedals. I know how heavy them things are.
    Stand For Something.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009
    I ordered a FM-R830SL from Wenzhou Sunday Trade Co.
    (https://bicycleparts.en.alibaba.com/...M_R830SL_.html)

Ordered frame, fork, headset, seat clamp and seat post. I ordered to check quality and ride of frame. The geometries of the 001, 015 and 028 just don't make sense, that's why I ordered the 830sl. Frame advertised was 850g my size 55 (57.5 tt fits like 58cm) came in at 960g. Only took 3 days shipping to Florida. No problems building bike. Communication has been great. I'm going to order some more and sell in my shop if this bike gets interest. Total riding weight is 17lbs 8 oz. with pedals, cages, pump ect... ride impressions coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by cs1
    If common sense was common internet forums would be out of business.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2010
    Do you have the geometry chart?? why u say it does not make sense?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2003
    Nice build. If you are interested in taking it on a little shake down ride with some other RBR folks from FL, check out the thread in The Lounge for a ride on Oct. 3. Ride starts not too far from Mt. Dora.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2010
    Anybody can post the geometry tables for some models in a sticky or maybe in a new thread so we dont have to be looking in the web and stuff?

Thanks

FTR
    Burn baby, burn.
    Here is the geometry for the 028.
    What does not make sense?
    Makes absolutely perfect sense to me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2007
    Well, I guess I am not going to be buying a TT frame after all. I finally got my LBS to give me a screaming deal on a Scott Plasma. Its the original Ultegra, but it has a Zipp Vuka aerobar. And I was looking forward to custom painting and building a TT bike.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2010
    Did anybody buy that Pinarello replica from Yong?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009
    You gotta swap those pedals. I know how heavy them things are.
    I did tonight, was waiting for some new shoes compatable with Time cleats to arrive. Just used what I had lying around for a test ride.

There is nothing unusual about those angles, I picked the 028 cos it is similier in stack and reach to Specialized. can't get more usual than that.

FTR
    Burn baby, burn.
    Quote Originally Posted by tinribz
    I did tonight, was waiting for some new shoes compatable with Time cleats to arrive. Just used what I had lying around for a test ride.

There is nothing unusual about those angles, I picked the 028 cos it is similier in stack and reach to Specialized. can't get more usual than that.
    Tinribz
    How tall are you and what is your inseam.
    I am stuck between the 58cm and the 60cm.
    My Moots has a 58cm ETT, I run a 110mm stem but think I could run a 100mm and I use a Moots layback seatpost.
    The 58cm comes with a 57.3cm ETT.
    The 60cm comes with a 58.6cm ETT.

I am 6'2.5" tall with a 34.5" cycling inseam.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009
    Hi,

I'm 6ft, my inside leg (stocking feet, book on wall to floor) is 33"

I generally find 56cm's feel a lttle small and 58's a little big. My last frame felt small so I orderd a 58, mainly because I wanted a bit of height to help with some neck pain.

TBO it does feel a bit stretched out for me even with a fairly short stem, even though on paper 57.3 is not that long? But this is the first time I've gotten away with flipping a stem (-8). Not been on a proper ride yet either.

FTR
    Burn baby, burn.
    Quote Originally Posted by tinribz
    Hi,

I'm 6ft, my inside leg (stocking feet, book on wall to floor) is 33"

I generally find 56cm's feel a lttle small and 58's a little big. My last frame felt small so I orderd a 58, mainly because I wanted a bit of height to help with some neck pain.

TBO it does feel a bit stretched out for me even with a fairly short stem, even though on paper 57.3 is not that long? But this is the first time I've gotten away with flipping a stem (-8). Not been on a proper ride yet either.

Thanks for that.
    Sounds like the 60cm will be closer to what I need.

RoadBikeReview Member
    got a response from Jack (Miracle Trade), he'll arrange for the missing parts to be sent.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    Hello everybody,

Thank you for your post. Since 3 weeks, I read your post about Chinese carbon bike and you give me many good informations.

In a few weeks, I would like to buy my first frame since 1988!!!

I would like to know if the ISP frame can have a failure problem. My brother say me that could be a problem with the ISP.

Sorry for my english, I'm just a french man from Montreal ;)
    =============
    GardeDwarf

Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast