Chinese carbon frame Ebay and direct thread 3.0 - Page 59
Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 575859
Results 1,451 to 1,474 of 1474
    RoadBikeReview Member
    +2 for the Orange

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WheresWaldo
    +2 for the Orange
    I pulled the trigger for the orange. I'll see once I get them all.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vladvm
    I will be doing them myself. The bike frame is from China (maniac_bicycle), the decals from Brazil. It will be all put together in my basement in Canada. I will not bother clearcoating incase I change my mind later.
    So, one could say that the majority of the value was added in Canada, right? By bicycle manufacturing standards that meets the definition of "Made in Canada" .

O

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ozhoo
    So, one could say that the majority of the value was added in Canada, right? By bicycle manufacturing standards that meets the definition of "Made in Canada" .

O
    I did not even realize that. I will definitely put a Canadian flag sticker there.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by srracer
    These recent Pinarello clone threads may have me changing my mind.. I was planning on buying an FM-015 this winter but the Pinarello frames look pretty nice.

Is there anybody on here that by chance has ridden both and can comment on how the Chinarello frame performs compared to the FM015?

Or a comparison of the Chinarello to any other frame for that matter (I've ridden both CAAD 8 and CAAD 9 for comparison).

Thanks!
    Read a blog, this person bought a chinses no name carbon frame last year.
    http://williamclarke.informe.com/blo...-wheeled-world

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009
    I did not even realize that. I will definitely put a Canadian flag sticker there.
    +1 Send me a sticker my TT bike is getting built in a apartment in Toronto

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelz0rs
    Been reading this forum for a while and getting ready to pull the trigger, but I have a question for all you buyers out there:

Has anyone ordered AND RECEIVED an FM028 with BB30? (DengFu or whoever) I have yet to find a picture with BB30 and while they assure me they'll do one with it, I want to make sure before I order this as I already have a BB30 setup and don't want to go without.

If so, can you provide a photo and which company you dealt with?

Thanks in advance!

-Dustin
    See my post a few pages back here.

FM028 NON ISP w/BB30. I ordered from DengFu and dealt with Tony. Very easy to deal with even with the custom paint I wanted. Turn around time was about 3 weeks once I paid through paypal. It probably took a little longer than normal because of the paint. I haven't purchased any parts yet, but I will be using Campy Chorus 11s group with the Ultra Torque BB30 cups. Very excited to build it up!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    This thread is worth reading just for the word Chinarello,thats what mine will be refered as from now on

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by aplitt86

FM028 NON ISP w/BB30. I ordered from DengFu and dealt with Tony. Very easy to deal with even with the custom paint I wanted. Turn around time was about 3 weeks once I paid through paypal. It probably took a little longer than normal because of the paint. I haven't purchased any parts yet, but I will be using Campy Chorus 11s group with the Ultra Torque BB30 cups. Very excited to build it up!
    Thanks! Much appreciated

-d

RoadBikeReview Member
    Okay this thread is even bigger than 1 and 2. It is time to start thread number 4 and sticky it.

I will get us started and please have the mods lock this thread once #4 is established.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    Read a blog, this person bought a chinses no name carbon frame last year.
    http://williamclarke.informe.com/blo...-wheeled-world
    What's the gist of it? That link doesn't work for me.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apparently the author of the blog had a mishap in a race leaving what I assume was a relatively new Ridley in several pieces so he purchased one of the frames everyone has been talking about, built it up, and has enjoyed riding it since November of 2009.
    There may not be an 'I' in team but there is a 'U' in suck!
    __0
    _ \ |_
    (O)/ (O)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2005
    I like the FM015 but I would prefer a frame without a seatmast, what is the closest frame to the FM015 that takes a seatpost?

Thanks.

FTR
    Burn baby, burn.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet sanchEz
    I like the FM015 but I would prefer a frame without a seatmast, what is the closest frame to the FM015 that takes a seatpost?

Thanks.
    The FM015 non-ISP version.
    They are available either way.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    so the people who ordered from www.greatkeenbike.com .. did they provide a tracking number ?

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    yes...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2010
    This is my RB003 (FM015) just arrived from carbonzone on ebay Ė just six days from china to the north of Ireland. I dealt with Echo who was extremely efficient, replying to my emails and queries very promptly indeed. I paid £345 which included the frameset, headset, seatpost topper and shipping. Havenít had a chance to complete the build as yet and, given the snowy conditions currently prevailing over the British Isles, Iíll probably not be riding the frame until next spring. However, Iíve given the frame a very thorough inspection and so far everything looks pretty tight Ė all the threads on the BB, bottle bosses and gear hanger are clean and prepped. Iíve also checked frame and fork alignment with a pair of my own hand built wheels and both were perfect. The only thing I needed to do was slightly sand the lower crown race to ease bearing fit.

The supplied headset was ok but I substituted the upper bearing and top cap for a FSA Orbit mainly because I have had good experiences with this headset and also to get the benefit of a taller top cap provided by the FSA unit. The supplied seatpost topper is pretty adjustable and does look reasonably good but it is fairly hefty at 168g. I was contemplating swapping it for the gorgeous tune Cappy but after making a few measurements Iím convinced that unfortunately I couldnít get my required setback with the Cappy, so I guess itís a case of function over form.

Out of the box the frame weighed 1219g plus 30g for the cable adjusters, bottle bosses and decals minus 35g for the ISP cutting = 1214g. The uncut fork weighed 420g and 399g after cutting to size. So a total weight of 1613g which, initially, seemed a little porky. However bear in mind that this is an ISP frame and also earlier this year I sold a 56cm Colnago Extreme C which weighed 1162g for the frame and 465 for the Star fork = 1627g. And the Colnago costs 2 grand moreÖ.

The decals were made by Marco Pollo in Brazil Ė the ďLCEĒ refers to the usual family names and the ď14SĒ refers to the 14th Sunday of the year which is Tour of Flanders day cos thatís where this frame is heading next April. The Flemish cobbles will answer any questions regarding the strength of these carbon frames from ChinaÖ. I would really have liked to clear coat over the decals but donít have the know-how and didnít really want to paid a pro sprayer which would kinda defeat the idea of a cheap frame. So I covered the decals with VentureShield film which provides both protection and quite a nice finish. Dunno what itís called in the US but I believe 3M manufacture a similar product.

Also bought a 38mm tub wheelset from carbonzone which was also excellent value for money (see the China carbon wheel thread). Obviously wonít use those in FlandersÖ.!!! Sorry Iíve rambled on a bit here but this is an enthralling thread to say the least and just wanted to chuck in my tuppence worth. Iíll post more pics when the bikeís finished but full marks for carbonzone so far.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by skyline377
    Almost done with my build just wondering to all who finish building their RFM101 what size of bolt do you guys use for the rear brake?? I am using this very long one right now but I feel like I might crack the frame if I tighte it harder
    How's the ride compared to your other bikes?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by paterberg
    The decals were made by Marco Pollo in Brazil Ė the ďLCEĒ refers to the usual family names and the ď14SĒ refers to the 14th Sunday of the year which is Tour of Flanders day cos thatís where this frame is heading next April. The Flemish cobbles will answer any questions regarding the strength of these carbon frames from ChinaÖ. I would really have liked to clear coat over the decals but donít have the know-how and didnít really want to paid a pro sprayer which would kinda defeat the idea of a cheap frame. So I covered the decals with VentureShield film which provides both protection and quite a nice finish. Dunno what itís called in the US but I believe 3M manufacture a similar product.

Good job on the Venture Film, did you wrap the clear film all the way around the tubes or did you apply rectangular shapes over the decals? I don't see a seam in the pics.

This is a great idea btw, I'm also considering decals from Marco, but was afraid to clear coat the frame.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2010
    I'd previously found that the Venture Shield worked really well on the paintwork of my Kawasaki so I figured there be no reason it shouldn't work equally well on a bicycle. And by sheer chance I happened to have half a sheet lying in the garage - almost dumped it in the last clear out! Anyhow I just cut rectangular sections of the Venture Shield approximately 5mm wider than the decals all round and I slanted the ends to keep them parallel to the decal orientation. I would have really liked the clear coat but I must say the Venture Shield worked out better than I'd imagined, you do have to look closely to find the seam. It is a little time consuming to apply, especially minimizing the air bubbles, but if you keep it well wetted it's easily lifted and re-applied until you're sure it's properly aligned. Persistent air bubbles can be reduced with a pin prick.

Think you'll be please with Marco's decals. They really are first rate and he provides an excellent selection. Let's see the pics when you're done. Good luck!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2010
    Does anyone have a link to pics of a full build up using the FM004 or FM006 frame?

http://dengfubikes.com/product.asp?id=10&classid=21
    http://dengfubikes.com/product.asp?id=11&classid=21

I'm looking for a budget traditional geometry carbon frame with a non sloping horizontal top tube, but having a hard time locating one so far.
    If none exist could someone recommend the closest match to what I'm looking for? I could really use some direction before pulling the trigger, thanks.

Vee
    RoadBikeReview Member

Standover Height?

I have been searching hardcore to try to find the stand over height on the FM015 in 55cm and 58cm. If anyone has a built up FM015 in 55cm and/or 58cm, can you please measure the stand over height and post this information.

Thanks!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Vee
    I have been searching hardcore to try to find the stand over height on the FM015 in 55cm and 58cm. If anyone has a built up FM015 in 55cm and/or 58cm, can you please measure the stand over height and post this information.

Thanks!
    The FM015 has a slightly sloping so I'm not too sure how useful standover height will be. Anyhow on my 55cm FM015 the height is 78cm at the seat tube end of the TT, 80cm in the middle of the TT and about 83.5cm at the head tube end of the TT. Hope this helps.

Vee
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paterberg
    The FM015 has a slightly sloping so I'm not too sure how useful standover height will be. Anyhow on my 55cm FM015 the height is 78cm at the seat tube end of the TT, 80cm in the middle of the TT and about 83.5cm at the head tube end of the TT. Hope this helps.
    You rock! Now, if we can find someone to give us the data on the 58cm, I will be in business!

Edit: Looks like my estimations were spot on, BTW. Someone earlier mentioned that their 51cm FM015 had a 30" stand over height (at middle of TT). According to the geometry images, the 55cm FM015 should have a stand over height of 31.57" (+/- a tiny bit) and the 58cm FM015 should have a stand over height of 32.75 (+/- a tiny bit). Your measurement matched up with my estimate, so perhaps the 58cm measurements will, as well.

Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 575859