Chinese Carbon Thread and Ebay direct version 5.0 - Page 240

View Poll Results: Which Manufacturer Would You Recommend to a Friend?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hong Fu

55 42.31%
  • Deng Fu

52 40.00%
  • Miracle Trade

23 17.69%
Page 240 of 241 FirstFirst ... 238239240241 LastLast
Results 5,976 to 6,000 of 6010
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CabDoctor View Post
    Has anyone seen anyone other than trigon carrying this fork? Its the XC06A, the disc fork on the right. I'm interested in buying a few of them
    Just sold one of these, great fork, chunky and damn light for a disc fork, but be aware the axle to crown length is 410mm, considerably longer than a normal road fork.

WTF = Wide Tire Fits
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridgey View Post
    I'm about to bite the bullet and buy a 2012 Chinarello Azzurro in BB30 (aero seatpost, etc). I tried to ask them for the name Chinarello on the decals instead of Pinarello as I'm a bit funny about the moral aspects of it. They couldn't seem to do it. I would have proudly rode with the name Chinarello. In fact I think it could be quite a popular bike.

I'm a little worried about other people's reaction to riding around on an Asian Pinarello that cost a fifth of their bike, but looks quite similar. What has been your experience when people find out it isn't the real deal?
    Are there any non-counterfeit BB30 Chinarello? I'm too shy to ride a counterfeit bike.

What do I think if I find a guy riding a fake Pinarello? I would assume that his wife has a brea$t implant.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by PaxRomana View Post
    All carbon Pinarellos are Asian. They're not made in Italy.

Regardless, these copies are blatant counterfeits. Not to mention that there's no Pinarello paint job that looks like that.
    Actually they do. The newest 2012 Pinarello's come in that paint job (it's call Azzurro). I think that's where they got the picture from.

For those that got a Chinarello, did they come with the decal/stickers off. Meaning you could choose not to have the name Pinarello on it and just the bare painted frame?

Is it against the law for us to purchase and ride a counterfeit Pinarello, like there is for purchasing Cd/dvds in asia?

warrrrrrrgh!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFcyclist View Post
    Are there any non-counterfeit BB30 Chinarello? I'm too shy to ride a counterfeit bike.

What do I think if I find a guy riding a fake Pinarello? I would assume that his wife has a brea$t implant.
    Isn't that an oxymoron? Do you guys really believe the only unethical thing about these knock offs is the stickers???
    I hate you all

j/k lol kthxbye!

WTF = Wide Tire Fits
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by foto View Post
    Isn't that an oxymoron? Do you guys really believe the only unethical thing about these knock offs is the stickers???
    No. The imitation of stupid gimmick wavy fork of Pinarello, the imitation of a curvy fork, or the imitation of 2-triangle shape bicycle frame design are not unethical thing. But I considered "putting a sticker 'Made in Italy' on a frame that is made in Taiwan and painted in Italy" unethical.

Buying a Pinarello Dogma look-alike frame and put a sticker "Chinarello Dogpoo BS" is ethically creative way to protest BS about "Made in Italy."

Sorry I don't know who is the owner of this bike, I've found it on RBR but couldn't locate his post.

PRB
    Bibo Ergo Sum
    Quote Originally Posted by redondoaveb View Post
    The popcorn is popping.
    Now to select the beer.....
    Four wheels move your body, two wheels move your soul.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    I have to confess that I don't get the attraction of the Pinarello/Chinarello frames. Just plain fugly to me regardless of price. I recently purchased a Chinese carbon frame with traditional tubes/lines and I am very happy with it.

warrrrrrrgh!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFcyclist View Post
    No. The imitation of stupid gimmick wavy fork of Pinarello, the imitation of a curvy fork, or the imitation of 2-triangle shape bicycle frame design are not unethical thing. But I considered "putting a sticker 'Made in Italy' on a frame that is made in Taiwan and painted in Italy" unethical.

Buying a Pinarello Dogma look-alike frame and put a sticker "Chinarello Dogpoo BS" is ethically creative way to protest BS about "Made in Italy."

Sorry I don't know who is the owner of this bike, I've found it on RBR but couldn't locate his post.
    Right. A protest. I think it would be more effective if people here went on a hunger strike until Pinarello correctly decals their frames.
    I hate you all

j/k lol kthxbye!

warrrrrrrgh!!!
    Would it be fair to say that these aren't imitations, but in fact contractors for Pinarello selling off their designs on the black market, or straight up selling the frames themselves?

Not saying anyone here should feel bad in any way, but come on, its not like one knock off frame with the decals is somehow "worse" than another knock off frame without the decals. In both cases its the Chinese giving the Italians the shaft, via the stealing of customers and IP.
    I hate you all

j/k lol kthxbye!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2006
    Would it be fair to say that these aren't imitations, but in fact contractors for Pinarello selling off their designs on the black market, or straight up selling the frames themselves?
    One can take the same mold and use a less complex layup, lesser grades of carbon, slipshod workmanship, etc., and produce an inferior frame that looks just like a Pinarello.

I guarantee that all of these Chinese "knockoff" frames are not constructed to the standards of any of the major brands who've contracted manufacturing in Taiwan and even China.
    Anyone who believes there are no stupid questions never worked in a bike shop.

Daft Punk built my hotrod
    No. These frames are made by Flybike. They are not a Pinarello contractor. They basically stole the design and are copying it. These are not some OEM frames going out of the back door.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridgey View Post
    Actually they do. The newest 2012 Pinarello's come in that paint job (it's call Azzurro). I think that's where they got the picture from.

For those that got a Chinarello, did they come with the decal/stickers off. Meaning you could choose not to have the name Pinarello on it and just the bare painted frame?

Is it against the law for us to purchase and ride a counterfeit Pinarello, like there is for purchasing Cd/dvds in asia?
    I stand corrected on the first point.

The "Pinarello" is painted on there.

No it is not against the law to own a Chinarello. It's simply a decision of whether you a) feel safe riding something that you really have no idea as to whether it's been QC'd properly and b) whether you feel any moral pangs from purchasing a counterfeit product.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    For those people whining about how a Pinarello has a "Made in Italy" sticker on it when it is fabricated in China:
    It is not different to buying various models of a Santa Cruz mountain bike, such as the Bullit I bought back in 2004, which have "Made in USA" stickers on them. However, they were fabricated in Taiwan. Or many other brands of bikes also.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridgey

Bridgey - mine came all stickered up from supplier, there were no blank options.

And it is NOT against the law to buy Chinarello's. Selling them is illegal, but not buying them.

WTF = Wide Tire Fits
    Jan 2012

Not saying anyone here should feel bad in any way, but come on, its not like one knock off frame with the decals is somehow "worse" than another knock off frame without the decals. In both cases its the Chinese giving the Italians the shaft, via the stealing of customers and IP.
    There is nothing new or special in frame materials used by Pinarello. In other words, I think anyone has the right to manufacture a stupid gimmick wavy fork/frame, curvy fork/frame, slope top tube, or 2-triangle bicycle frame.

Anyway I'm not interest in that stupid gimmick wavy fork, I just want a cheap BB30 carbon frame.
    Last edited by WTFcyclist; 02-12-2012 at 11:31 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2007
    Why buy a counterfeit frame? When you can buy a lot of nice frames from so many great bike companies.

Booo-yaaawwwww!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawf View Post
    Just sold one of these, great fork, chunky and damn light for a disc fork, but be aware the axle to crown length is 410mm, considerably longer than a normal road fork.
    Is that Axle to crown for the mtb version or the cross version? I was under the impression the cross version was under 400mm? Also who did you buy it from and for how much if you don't mind me asking?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyL88 View Post
    Why buy a counterfeit frame? When you can buy a lot of nice frames from so many great bike companies.
    Hmmm, I think it has something to do with the almighty dollar. Why pay $5000 for a look and a frame of comparable weight when you can buy it for $600.

My first chinese carbon was the Pedal Force CG1. Great frame, strong yet super light (sub 1000gm). Cost about $800 to $900. Got a 6.9kg bike for just over $2000 that looked good. That would cost me close to $5000 with a non asian frame.

But I'll give you an example of immoral. You then have a company like Ritte that takes exactly the same frame and puts a $2000+ price tag on the frame and sells it as it's top of the line bike. Okay it looks great, but still that's pretending a frame is something that it's not. But we then get scorned for doing the reverse.
    Attached Images Attached Images

FTR
    Burn baby, burn.
    Nothing immoral about giving the public what they want.
    But you can do it yourself if you want:

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Hi there,

is there anyone here that has build up a Dengfu FM098 with Campy? Any problems with that or just as straight forward as screwing on SRAM or Shimano parts? I decided against SRAM or Shimano after building up my last bike with campy chorus, and fell in love with it pretty hard (after many years with Ultegra and 105). Although the price difference is going to make me bleed at the moment.....

flinty-eyed moderator

Moderators Note

Six more posts to 6000! Over a million views!

Once we hit 6000, I will open up version 6.0 of this thread and close 5.0. I will leave 5.0 stuck for a while until 6.0 fills up a bit. 5.0 will always be available and searchable though.
    Dr. Cox: Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I guarantee that all of these Chinese "knockoff" frames are not constructed to the standards of any of the major brands who've contracted manufacturing in Taiwan and even China.

Based on what? I used to be a design engineer and we sourced a lot of manufacturing out of asia. I spent many nights in ugly chinese buildings with calipers doing QC in a very similar industry.

I would almost argue that a chinese manufacturer like hong fu would have a higher level of internal QC because they have to deal directly with customers who may have a problem with their frame.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2003
    I just talked to someone at GreatKeen. They have agreed to put Chinarello decals on my about to be ordered black/blue/black 2012 Chinarello. I will be a proud owner of a Chinarello with no guilt about pretending to to be something that it isn't. It is plain for all to see. I couldn't bring myself to change Dogma to Dogpoo though. Maybe Bogma
    Attached Images Attached Images

warrrrrrrgh!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolhand View Post
    Six more posts to 6000! Over a million views!

Once we hit 6000, I will open up version 6.0 of this thread and close 5.0. I will leave 5.0 stuck for a while until 6.0 fills up a bit. 5.0 will always be available and searchable though.
    Just to help it along. Who's hungry for stew?

I hate you all

j/k lol kthxbye!

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaniels View Post
    I would almost argue that a chinese manufacturer like hong fu would have a higher level of internal QC because they have to deal directly with customers who may have a problem with their frame.
    Hong Fu is not a manufacturer. Hong Fu doesn't even exist. It's basically a shadow company. Go try pursuing a case against HongFu and see how far that gets you. See what their registration papers look like, and then let's talk about "internal QC".

Flybike is the manufacturer. They just sell through Hong Fu. This has been explained at length all over the place here and on other boards.

Slightly Opinionated
    6K? eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrider View Post
    Teh Lounge- "Its not just for weirdos anymore. It is for those trying to escape the noobsauce questions."
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiQuaeQuod View Post
    Trolling the lounge is like noodling for piranha.

The Daily Grind Cycling Journal & Tailwind Coaching