Chinese Carbon Thread and Ebay direct version 5.0 - Page 77

View Poll Results: Which Manufacturer Would You Recommend to a Friend?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hong Fu

55 42.31%
  • Deng Fu

52 40.00%
  • Miracle Trade

23 17.69%
Page 77 of 241 FirstFirst ... 7576777879 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 6010
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jenny Replied about the clearance issue.

"thanks for your email!
    please do not worry, now enclosed some photo to you.
    these photo are we take today after get our another customer's photo.
    our engineer already comfirm no problem. I do not know if the wheels building not correct or somethings else.
    in the future there will have 10mm spacer between the seat tube and wheels.
    so will no any problem.do not so worry.
    so I hope you can keeping order our FM039 frame
    do not worry, if do have problem then we will changed our model for all of our customer.
    thanks!"

She also sent a few photos. Take a look at that rear tire
    1. does that look properly inflated?
    2. does that look like a 23?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zachismisitok View Post
    Thanks! Got a quote and time frame from Jerry. Hopefully this will happen later this month.

further question- what kind of bottom bracket does that take? What is "most croxover" ???
    BSA English is the standard external cup and is most widely used, For example Shimano Ultegra. It's most commonly known as English or Italian thread and 68mm wide. BB30 and other sizes are a newer standard, that I believe involve press fit cups. Either way if you don't have a crankset, ensure you know what you're getting prior to ordering a frame because you can't change that after. Although there are BB30 to BSA adapters, but who knows if they are as tight as the right fit.

S

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2011
    Does anyone know if you can get one of these frames in a really small size, ideally with a 48cm top tube and for 650c wheels?

Thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2011
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by svard75 View Post
    Jenny Replied about the clearance issue.

"thanks for your email!
    please do not worry, now enclosed some photo to you.
    these photo are we take today after get our another customer's photo.
    our engineer already comfirm no problem. I do not know if the wheels building not correct or somethings else.
    in the future there will have 10mm spacer between the seat tube and wheels.
    so will no any problem.do not so worry.
    so I hope you can keeping order our FM039 frame
    do not worry, if do have problem then we will changed our model for all of our customer.
    thanks!"

She also sent a few photos. Take a look at that rear tire
    1. does that look properly inflated?
    2. does that look like a 23?

The 4mm in the picture would be okay for me, 10mm a bit to much, the small distance looks great... but as you ask is it a inflated 23mm tire in picture?
    1: i run Vredestein and the will take 12bars! not 6 or 8.
    2: 23 tire.... Don't know, could be 20, Vredestein is a bit big in casing, i will try mounting another tire and post pics.

Ouote Jenny: "I do not know if the wheels building not correct or somethings else." wheels are Campagnolo factory build wheels, not a homebuildt wheel !!

EDIT:

Just tried mounting a Schwalbe Ultremo r.1 23/700c with the old Campy Vento wheel.. 8bar and the clearance is 3-3,5mm so it must be the Vredestein there is oversize.

Best regards
    Last edited by Sylvania; 06-14-2011 at 09:00 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    After having lurked for the last 3 months I thought I should share my story. Back in March I went back and forth trying to decide between an fm028, fm015, or some frame off of eBay. i decided to go with a fm028 from Deng Fu because I liked the geometry and Deng Fu had a good record among posters here, from what I could tell.

I went back and forth with Mina over paint options and ISP vs non ISP. I placed my order and payed April 8. It seemed as though prices went up $50 that week, but i could live with that. I went with a non-ISP because Mina said that it would be faster and I chose a fairly simple paint job. I wanted to be understated, but not totally plain. I was quoted 10-15 days lead time.

Each time that I contacted Mina, she told me it would ship next week. She never mentioned the "paintshop reset" that everyone was citing around that time. I didn't get too worried until the 45 day mark approached, since I would no longer be able to dispute the payment on PayPal. I was relieved when I finally received a tracking number May 26th. Bike arrived here in Austin on June 3, only 1 day after clearing customs.

I built it with the low end parts I had on my last bike. I have ridden it daily since then. This is my first carbon bike and I am pleased the most by the stiffness at the BB compared to my old aluminum junker. It also feels stable in fast corners and smoother on chip sealed roads. I am totally pleased with the construction, the paint, ease of assembly and overall quality. Next time I order from China, I will take the "lead time" with a grain of salt.

Sorry about the picture quality.
    Attached Images Attached Images

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2011
    Excellent write up of first impressions. I have built a few bikes and always use blue loctight for things like BB cups, braze on screw, on MTB's all the rear suspension link bolts. From both Sylvania and your comments both indicate some sort of issue with the FD area although yours seems to be more due to adjustments.

I'm glad to hear the HB003 bars feels great. Is there much flex during power punches?

Unfortunately no response from Jenny after yesterday's email. I'm wondering if she has forwarded that email to the engineers for review and waiting for a response prior to getting back to me, or she's sick of replying to me

I've already paid a $500 deposit do you think they have begun manufacturing the frame or do they wait until I approve the painting design then begin?

Cheers,
    S
    I didn't detect any flex on the bars, but as a general rule carbon bars flex more than AL bars, but are obviously considerably lighter - see Velonews' testing from a couple of months ago. I don't know how their manufacturing process works. To be honest, before I ordered, I sort of conceded to myself that the process was going to be opaque, take awhile, and have an element of adventure to it. As long as you've done what you need to do in terms of relaying your wishes, I'd recommend that as a perspective.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by lljohansen View Post
    Nice looking bike:-)

Could you tell me the reach and drop of those handlebars - e-hongfu bikes does not list them on their website.

Thank you
    Okay - I should apologize here. Apparently I got the HB002 bars, not HB003. I hope that doesn't screw anybody up.

For the HB002 bars, the drop is 150mm and reach is 80mm.

I got my frame parts from Dengfu - wheel rims from Hongfu.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvania View Post
    Hi

The 4mm in the picture would be okay for me, 10mm a bit to much, the small distance looks great... but as you ask is it a inflated 23mm tire in picture?
    1: i run Vredestein and the will take 12bars! not 6 or 8.
    2: 23 tire.... Don't know, could be 20, Vredestein is a bit big in casing, i will try mounting another tire and post pics.

Ouote Jenny: "I do not know if the wheels building not correct or somethings else." wheels are Campagnolo factory build wheels, not a homebuildt wheel !!

EDIT:

Just tried mounting a Schwalbe Ultremo r.1 23/700c with the old Campy Vento wheel.. 8bar and the clearance is 3-3,5mm so it must be the Vredestein there is oversize.

Best regards
    Love the Ultremo R1's but too expensive for everyday use. I use 23s Vredesteins Fortezzas at almost 8.6 - 10 bars on my rears now, I wonder when they will change the spacing as Im still a few months out ordering the bike.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbubbles View Post
    ^^^

It's soooo obvious those wheels aren't Campy Boras. :-)
    LOL... Spoke pattern is way off on the Boras

Extremely obvious that the frame is a Chinarello too.. This is one of the better copies, but you can still pick it apart quite easily..

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by zachismisitok View Post
    Thanks! Got a quote and time frame from Jerry. Hopefully this will happen later this month.

further question- what kind of bottom bracket does that take? What is "most croxover" ???
    That frame has an English/BSA BB. It just happens to copy the labeling of the MOst Croxover found in the real Pinarello frames (which, btw, use Italian BBs)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2009
    Wow that looks fantastic. That's exactly what I want. I have asked Jenny if they can do it and how long it will take. Waiting for a reply.

EDIT: Unidirectional carbon. Does that mean it's not quite as strong as the 3k, 12k? I read that the 12k weave seems to be the strongest because of the amount of fibre running in each direction.

Thanks,
    S
    UD just means that all the carbon fiber is in one direction. This makes it by far the strongest in the direction of fiber (perpendicular to fiber it is very weak). The woven fibers are reinforced in both directions, but aren't quite as strong because the fibers are split between 0 and 90 degrees. Of the woven materials 1k>3k>12k in strength. You don't see 1k often at all because it is pretty expensive to make, just because of the number of tows that are typically involved. And (IMO) it is such a tight pattern it really isn't all that visible.

But also note that the outer layer is a finishing layer and doesn't represent what is underneath (which is typically UD oriented in the directions that they want to reinforce). So the fact that a frame has a 12k finish doesn't mean it is weaker. Purely aesthetics.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dcurzon View Post
    he4adset dont look right
    That's what I said to the LBS, but they told me it is fine. I guess I could take it to another shop and pay them to try and figure it out. Cane creek headset didn't have instructions

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2011
    the neco that came with my FM028 had a couple spacers that allow you to close the gap between frame/cap... maybe there are some in there. Shitty bike shop to just install it like that and say it's fine. Also some here have complained of residual resin in the frames integrated cups. Bearing could not be fully seated.
    Or could just be the wrong headset in that the bearings are too tall for the frame.....

Also you got matte black painted... definitely need to specify when ordering that you want matte 3K/12K etc if you want to see the weave.... here's the best photo I have of my neco headset that mina sent with my matte 3K fm028. I'm waiting on a tune cappy then I'll post the whole build even though it's now been made obsolete by those 039's....

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2006
    headset 2 posts above will work fine, just the top cap of those headsets isnt designed correctly IMO

get a replacement top bearing cover (or whatever it is called) from a different shop

im using a campy record cap with the neco bearings, fits fine
    LANCE ARMSTRONG 2009 NEVADA CITY CHAMPION

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    Hi guys,

I'm a new forum member

I'd like to buy a ISP frame for racing.

What do you suggest me? Which is he more performance frame at the moment?

Thanks in advance

wipower

Vee
    RoadBikeReview Member
    For anyone searching for a carbon front derailleur clamp in 31.8 or 34.9 mm, chain reaction cycles just got a shipment in of Ratio UD carbon FD clamps in both sizes. The best part? It's $33 usd plus shipping.

Edit: Link here: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...?ModelID=61287
    Last edited by Vee; 06-15-2011 at 03:59 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wipower View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm a new forum member

I'd like to buy a ISP frame for racing.

What do you suggest me? Which is he more performance frame at the moment?

Thanks in advance

wipower
    There are soo many options out there if you're looking for cheap Chinese carbon.

Try these websites for more information and a look at different types.

http://www.hongfu-bikes.com/Prclass.asp?Id=1

http://dengfubikes.com/

You can even search through alibaba.com for all kinds of suppliers. Here is another link
    http://www.alibaba.com/products/carb...W--122203.html

I filtered it by Taiwanese manufacturers as I've been told they produce more consistent and better quality frames/forks.

I would search through this thread and get an idea of the frames which are the most popular and read about responses. That's usually the best advice.

Cheers,
    S

Vee
    RoadBikeReview Member
    There are soo many options out there if you're looking for cheap Chinese carbon.

Try these websites for more information and a look at different types.

http://www.hongfu-bikes.com/Prclass.asp?Id=1

http://dengfubikes.com/

You can even search through alibaba.com for all kinds of suppliers. Here is another link
    http://www.alibaba.com/products/carb...W--122203.html

I filtered it by Taiwanese manufacturers as I've been told they produce more consistent and better quality frames/forks.

I would search through this thread and get an idea of the frames which are the most popular and read about responses. That's usually the best advice.

Cheers,
    S
    I would suggest being very careful just openly buying anything from people on Alibaba. One of the many reasons we have these threads is that certain vendors have established a positive reputation on these forums and throughout the community after many positive transactions. IMO, go with a vendor you see listed in these threads and avoid all others.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I just noticed something. On the http://www.hongfu-bikes.com/index.asp main Hong Fu website the FM039 ISP and non ISP are not there anymore. It is still showing on the http://www.e-hongfu-bikes.com/

Does anyone remember if this frame was on their main website? I thought it was. If you recall something Jenny said in her email that makes me think they are pulling sales of this frameset for now was this... "in the future there will have 10mm spacer between the seat tube and wheels."

S

RoadBikeReview Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Vee View Post
    I would suggest being very careful just openly buying anything from people on Alibaba. One of the many reasons we have these threads is that certain vendors have established a positive reputation on these forums and throughout the community after many positive transactions. IMO, go with a vendor you see listed in these threads and avoid all others.
    Words of Wisdom +++

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2011

Fm039

Hi

Just mounted a Michelin Krylium Carbon tyre, lots of space with the FM039 frame.

Michelin:
    DSCN3339-m.jpg
    Michelin:
    DSCN3340-m.jpg

Best regards
    Last edited by Sylvania; 06-21-2011 at 02:01 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2002
    Hi

Just mounted a Michelin Krylium Carbon tyre and spot the difference :-) lots of space with tyre with the FM039 frame.

]

Best regards
    I don't know if I would call that "lots of space". It looks kinda tight still...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2011
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by RC28 View Post
    I don't know if I would call that "lots of space". It looks kinda tight still...
    About 3mm space and there is a 0,4mm protection tape on the frame also... not enough
    for a 25mm tyre. Have raced about 100km, with the Vredestein, and there is no "skid"marks on the Frame/tape..

Best regards

Vee
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Hi

About 3mm space and there is a 0,4mm protection tape on the frame also... not enough
    for a 25mm tyre. Have raced about 100km, with the Vredestein, and there is no "skid"marks on the Frame/tape..

Best regards
    I was wondering what that line was... protection tape! Nice. Where did you locate/purchase that?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2011
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Vee View Post
    I was wondering what that line was... protection tape! Nice. Where did you locate/purchase that?
    It's 3M "pressure sensitive tape", got it for free at a car garage, they use it to protect paint. It is easy to cut into shape and folds easy around odd shapes

Best regards

Page 77 of 241 FirstFirst ... 7576777879 ... LastLast