Chinese Carbon Thread and Ebay direct version 5.0 - Page 80

View Poll Results: Which Manufacturer Would You Recommend to a Friend?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hong Fu

55 42.31%
  • Deng Fu

52 40.00%
  • Miracle Trade

23 17.69%
Page 80 of 241 FirstFirst ... 7879808182 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 6010
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvania View Post
    Hi

At last The Bontrager 272628 + 406923 http://bontrager.com/model/06096 fits the FM039isp seatmast perfectly

Attachment 233557

Took a longer ride today, frame is behaving very good, its comfy and stiff. Turns precise and accelarating + climbing feels speedy. Much better than my 3year old Bianchi Freccia Celeste...

Best regards
    The hardware that came with the FM039 weren't good? I went with the FM015ISP frame instead. Jenny told me the next version of the FM039 will have 10mm gap but my thoughts on that are they will just stretch the mold out. What about R&D? If they increase the wheelbase just a bit won't that affect the ride? Anyway the FM015 seems to be tried and true so I went with that instead.

S

RoadBikeReview Member
    My final list from HongFu

HF-FM015-SPL frame/fork size 55cm Painted as per designed red/carbon gloss finish
    38mm clincher wheels complete with red hubs, spokes, QR skewers and 2 pairs of carbon brake pads
    HF-HB003 Handlebar
    HF-SPC001 Spacer kit
    100mm Road Alloy+Carbon stem
    Headset 1 1/8" top 1 1/2" bottom
    HD009 Bottle Cages

The rest is Ultegra this season and SRAM Red next season. Will have it built around August 2011.

Cheers,
    S

Vee
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by svard75 View Post
    My final list from HongFu

HF-FM015-SPL frame/fork size 55cm Painted as per designed red/carbon gloss finish
    38mm clincher wheels complete with red hubs, spokes, QR skewers and 2 pairs of carbon brake pads
    HF-HB003 Handlebar
    HF-SPC001 Spacer kit
    100mm Road Alloy+Carbon stem
    Headset 1 1/8" top 1 1/2" bottom
    HD009 Bottle Cages

The rest is Ultegra this season and SRAM Red next season. Will have it built around August 2011.

Cheers,
    S
    Nice. Seeing you mention August for the completion date has me a bit annoyed, as I ordered my FM015 in BB30 a month and a week ago and won't have it till begining of July. BB30 + Custom Paint seemed to extend my wait times considerably.

Be sure to post pictures once you get it built.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vee View Post
    Nice. Seeing you mention August for the completion date has me a bit annoyed, as I ordered my FM015 in BB30 a month and a week ago and won't have it till begining of July. BB30 + Custom Paint seemed to extend my wait times considerably.

Be sure to post pictures once you get it built.
    For me it was a budgeting thing. I paid 500 this month and will pay around 700 for the rest next month. The FM015 with bsa was in stock they just have to paint it for me. I will definitely posy pics in between my rides .

S

RoadBikeReview Member
    Posy?! Stupid blackberry!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky77 View Post
    Well, the bike is now assembled and all that's left is the final fitting and the decals.

The frame is a carbonzone TT-01 (FM-018) painted in matte black. I asked for a matte finish 3K carbon weave, but that got lost in translation. Still very happy with the end product. The wheels (which I already owned) are de-stickered 45mm Edge carbon rims; saddle is a Fizik Arione Tri2; and the bars are Vision Tri Max. Running gear is SRAM Force with SRAM Red crankset (and TT chainring).

I will post final pics once the decals are on and the steerer tube cut. I'll do a full rundown on the specs and cost when I post the final result, but I think it cost around the A$1100 mark all up.

PS - I realise the bars aren't sitting straight. I'll straighten it up when I cut the tube.

Lucky77 - very nice TT build. Looking forward to a ride report and pics for the final build.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2011
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by svard75 View Post
    The hardware that came with the FM039 weren't good? I went with the FM015ISP frame instead. Jenny told me the next version of the FM039 will have 10mm gap but my thoughts on that are they will just stretch the mold out. What about R&D? If they increase the wheelbase just a bit won't that affect the ride? Anyway the FM015 seems to be tried and true so I went with that instead.

S
    The "hardware" is fine as is, but are designed fore 7mm rails, The Carbon rails on Merek Saddle is oversize 7mm x 9mm. Thats why i exchanged them with the bontrager kit

10mm gap? think they will just modify the frame a bit so that the 25mm tires will have a 3-4mm clearance.. The Vredestein 23mm seems to be oversized, close to 25mm from rim to tarmac.

Best regards

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    Ebay.JPG
    Has anyone built from this frame? I'm interested in building something like
    RQC29.jpg

Is there a better frame? I read some warnings about not buying from Ebay. Would they paint this from me?
    Would it be cheaper/safer to buy a Nuevation FC 500 for $2500ish
    Anyone trying these china frames weight more that 250? Is it safe? I asked Nuevation guys and they said my 265lb butt is ok on their frame/ trigon, made in Taiwan.
    Thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Vee View Post
    Nice bike! Is this the same frame that people are having problems with the rear break mounts/cable routing? Did you have those issues? Did you use an OEM brake from them or did you use one of your own? Please also post a build list when you post your final results. Thanks!
    I think some people had issues with the rear brake - based on others comments here, I went with the TRP T925. There's a front and rear option, but as the front brakes on this frame mount to the front of the fork, you need to use a rear brake on it. Decided against the OEM brakes as they told me they were Tektro - and I've never really liked them.

No issues installing on the mount or with the routing.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    I have 2 questions.

1. Does anyone know how much Flyxii charges for shipping? It is not posted on the site?

2. Has anyone tried the chinese carbon saddles? If so, are they actually comfortable?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2011
    Is this saddle comfy? there is no padding on it and i was wondering how it feels at long rides..?
    I was thinking of buying the white one form [email protected] but i eventually did not..
    What is your review?

Dimitris

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011

Rfm-107

does anyone know this frame ,RFM107 from greatkeenbike ?

RoadBikeReview Member
    I am new here. I just wanted to say I got [email protected] on alibaba. I figured I would be a cheapa$$ and save a few hundred dollars and buy a Campagnolo gruppo from there. I knew the deal was good, but obviously too good to be true. $700 for Chorus. Anyway, I sent the money and I've gotten nothing. Live and learn. What I did end up doing is buying a Veloce gruppo from a brick and mortar shop for $700. Basically spent $1400 on Veloce. If I was smart, I could have bought my Chorus gruppo for that much in the first place.

My only saving grace is that the company in China sent all their mailing, and bank information for a wire transfer I was supposed to do.

I figure EVERY rich uncle from Nigeria that needs a bank account to transfer $10million dollars to will get all the info they need this week. I think I have saved up about 170 junk emails. Should be fun!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2011
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by skoyrtis View Post
    Is this saddle comfy? there is no padding on it and i was wondering how it feels at long rides..?
    I was thinking of buying the white one form [email protected] but i eventually did not..
    What is your review?

Dimitris
    No long rides yet :-/ maybe tomorrow My guess is that the comfy will be the shorts you are wearing, as the seat is hard as a brick.

best regards

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by skoyrtis View Post
    What is your review?

Dimitris
    I don't think it's going to fell comfortable at all. It will sure be a "light" choice though!

Why do I get the feeling you re Greek too? Maybe because we have the same name?

I ve just bought a frame from China. Excactlly the same you have! The FR05.
    I am sendind you my phone with PM. I am desperate for some feedback.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dimzaf View Post
    I don't think it's going to fell comfortable at all. It will sure be a "light" choice though!

Why do I get the feeling you re Greek too? Maybe because we have the same name?

I ve just bought a frame from China. Excactlly the same you have! The FR05.
    I am sendind you my phone with PM. I am desperate for some feedback.

I can't sent PMs .... (I must have over 15 posts to do that)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dimzaf View Post
    I can't sent PMs .... (I must have over 15 posts to do that)

check your visitor messages..

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pete2528ca View Post
    I am new here. I just wanted to say I got [email protected] on alibaba. I figured I would be a cheapa$$ and save a few hundred dollars and buy a Campagnolo gruppo from there. I knew the deal was good, but obviously too good to be true. $700 for Chorus. Anyway, I sent the money and I've gotten nothing. Live and learn. What I did end up doing is buying a Veloce gruppo from a brick and mortar shop for $700. Basically spent $1400 on Veloce. If I was smart, I could have bought my Chorus gruppo for that much in the first place.

My only saving grace is that the company in China sent all their mailing, and bank information for a wire transfer I was supposed to do.

I figure EVERY rich uncle from Nigeria that needs a bank account to transfer $10million dollars to will get all the info they need this week. I think I have saved up about 170 junk emails. Should be fun!
    Oh man. That sux. Sorry to hear that! You should read through the beware of the desperado thread. It'll make you feel a bit better that it was only 700 you lost. If you know someone who's Chinese and they frequently visit back home maybe you could pay them a bit of money to find out who they are. I also would not have paid via wire transfer or western union. Just paypal or through alibaba. Don't they have buyer protection as well?

S

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2011
    Hi

No long rides yet :-/ maybe tomorrow My guess is that the comfy will be the shorts you are wearing, as the seat is hard as a brick.

best regards
    I was afraid of that..
    Looks nice though!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2008

Did you read the alibaba threads? NEVER PAY BY WIRE TRANSFER or WU.... always use paypal or credit card...

Sorry for your troubles...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011

Did you pay with paypal? Name and shame the seller!
    I spoke with a couple of people selling group sets, I told one of them I didn't feel comfortable using a bank deposi/western union etc. They offered to let me pay 75 up front, 25 after arrival.

Bottom line is - I wouldnt have paid the 25, because I would have received nothing for my 75%. You could barter them down, they would take nearly anything they can get.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Double post, sorry

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky77 View Post
    I think some people had issues with the rear brake - based on others comments here, I went with the TRP T925. There's a front and rear option, but as the front brakes on this frame mount to the front of the fork, you need to use a rear brake on it. Decided against the OEM brakes as they told me they were Tektro - and I've never really liked them.

No issues installing on the mount or with the routing.
    Tektro=no and Tektro Racing Products=yes?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ultraman6970 View Post
    Is the R838 the same than one of the pedal force RS3??????? Anybody knows?? Thanks.
    I'm also looking for suggestions and comments about this frame

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bkwitche View Post
    Is there any reason I cannot seem to get any answer at all from Mina with Deng Fu? I've sent two inquiries about am FM028 frame and fork price and have heard nothing back. Once was about two weeks ago and then again yesterday.

I'm considering no longer going this route. I know many have had good experiences, but if I can't even get an answer BEFORE they have my money, I'd hate to see why happens after I pay.
    metalmtn

Page 80 of 241 FirstFirst ... 7879808182 ... LastLast