Chinese Carbon Thread and Ebay direct version 5.0 - Page 81

View Poll Results: Which Manufacturer Would You Recommend to a Friend?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hong Fu

55 42.31%
  • Deng Fu

52 40.00%
  • Miracle Trade

23 17.69%
Page 81 of 241 FirstFirst ... 7980818283 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 6010
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by metalmtn View Post
    Why not try HongFu. I have been corresponding with Jenny regularly. We even chat via MSN.

S

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2010
    im 180cm tall...i currently ride a traditional 58cm colnago dream, i think the top tube i 56.3 with a 110cm stem. Im looking a buying the fm028 non-isp what size should i go for ???

mrwirey
    Quote Originally Posted by duc916 View Post
    im 180cm tall...i currently ride a traditional 58cm colnago dream, i think the top tube i 56.3 with a 110cm stem. Im looking a buying the fm028 non-isp what size should i go for ???
    Hello,
    The only real choice for you is the 56cm frame. The virtual top tube on the FM028 58cm frame is 57.5cm I believe...way too long. You may want to compare the FM028 headtube length to that on your Colnago to ensure you are not getting a bar drop you will not be comfortable with. This probably won't be an issue though as the FM028 has a pretty tall headtube. Best of luck.
    Very respectfully, Tim
    "Anything can be a torch if you set it on fire"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by svard75 View Post
    Why not try HongFu. I have been corresponding with Jenny regularly. We even chat via MSN.

S
    Exactly what I did. And Jenny responded nearly immediately. But the lead time on the frame I want is 45 days

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    hi,

what do you team about frames with internal cable routing?

ISP or no ISP?

thanks
    wipo
    Last edited by wipower; 06-19-2011 at 09:57 AM.

mrwirey
    Quote Originally Posted by wipower View Post
    hi,

what do you team about frams with internal cable routing?

ISP or no ISP?

thanks
    wipo
    Wipo,
    Things to consider with ISP.
    1. Saddle height. It will change over time due to your flexibility. Ensure you have some ability to move the saddle up and down 20mm or so.
    2. Saddle choice. Saddles have different 'rail to top' measurements and their measurements can vary considerably. Either pick a saddle and stick with it or see #1 above.
    3. Pedal/cleat/shoe choice. Pedals/cleats/shoes have different stack heights. Either pick a pedal/cleat/shoe combination and stick with it or see #1 above.

Something to consider with internal cable routing. Potential complexity of replacing the inner cable housing used for internal cable routing if it should fail.

Finally I would add, "simpler is usually better."
    Very respectfully, Tim
    Last edited by mrwirey; 06-19-2011 at 11:11 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwirey View Post
    Wipo,
    Things to consider with ISP.
    1. Saddle height. It will change over time due to flexibility. Ensure you have some ability to move the saddle up and down 20mm or so.
    2. Saddle choice. Saddles have different 'rail to top' measurements and their measurements can vary considerably. Either pick a saddle and stick with it or see #1 above.
    3. Pedal/cleat/shoe choice. Pedals/cleats/shoes have different stack heights. Either pick a pedal//cleat/shoe combination and stick with it or see #1 above.

Something to consider with internal cable routing. Potential complexity of replacing the inner cable housing used for internal cable routing if it should fail.

Finally I would add, "simpler is usually better."
    Very respectfully, Tim
    Hi Tim,

thank you very much for your reply

I got your suggestions!!!

This is my first bike from china ,now I have a Giant TCR advanced 2006, good bike ,light frame.

There are so many china frames model in the market ,it's very difficult to make a choice.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2011
    Small preview, I'm still at work, but will definitely be ready for the weekend. Complete with graphics, I hope.

Italian China Bike Forum # http://magicady.forumup.it/ #

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackers View Post
    Tektro=no and Tektro Racing Products=yes?
    Sorry - not sure what you mean. The Tektro brakes carbonzone offered were priced around $35 each, and I assume that that means they are at the lower end of the spectrum for Tektro products. Based on this, and the positive reviews of the TRP - I went with TRP.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2008
    check out my rfm101. a thing of beauty and a joy forever. you may need to view it in firefox. took it with my iphone. will send more jpegs later. mine took one month to reach from greatkeen. i was getting worried but it finally arrived. it is super stiff in the front end, just like i like it. i could not be happier with the performance. people pull up and comment on what a lovely dogma. i dont have the heart to tell them its a clone. it would make them depressed to know it costs one tenth of the price of the rigs they are riding, with a minimal performance increase................i sold my original dogma 60.1 once i rode this clone. i am now TOTALLY CONVINCED that the price pinarello and other companies put up is a complete rip off. my clone rides only marginally inferior to my original dogma 60.1 . there is no way that the original rides $5000 better than my clone. it simply cannot be justified. i hope the poor sap who bought my original dogma 60.1 is having a good time on it, cuz i am having a ball on my clone. long live chinarello's!!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    has anyone come into contact with one of the china carbon cyclocross frames? I have seen them on dengfu, hongfu, and cyclingyong.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2010
    Thanks for that...the guy from denfu said a 60cm would suit me but i didnt think that was right !! i was thinking the 56 or 58...i'll check the top tube of my colnago and try to get the one that is closest to it.

Cheers.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011

Fit of GreatKeen RFM101 Chinarello

I'm planning to order a RFM101 frame / fork and integrated handlebar-stem from GreatKeen and am trying to determine the size I need. I used the fit calculator from Competitive Cyclist and came up with these numbers:

redo below

The measurement I really don't understand is the top tube length. I currently ride (for 15 years) an older Italian columbus steel bike that measures 52cm x 52cm with a 90mm stem. Much smaller than Comp Cycle says I should fit.

Suggestions please

Thanks much
    Last edited by plh1964; 06-19-2011 at 06:03 PM.

mrwirey

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by plh1964 View Post
    I'm planning to order a RFM101 frame / fork and integrated handlebar-stem from GreatKeen and am trying to determine the size I need. I used the fit calculator from Competitive Cyclist and came up with these numbers:

Top tube length 61.9 - 62.3
    Stem Length 12.7 - 13.3

The measurement I really don't understand is the top tube length. I currently ride (for 15 years) an older Italian columbus steel bike that measures 52cm x 52cm with a 90mm stem. Much smaller than Comp Cycle says I should fit.

Suggestions please

Thanks much
    Hello,
    I would redo the fit calculator. Remember the old saying, "measure twice cut once". I would measure your trunk a second time as I think you may have measured incorrrectly (way too long) and you are therefore being told you need an extra long top tube. There is just no way on this earth you will fit an effective top tube of 61.9-62.3 unless you plan on riding in the Graham Obre 'Superman' position. I will bet your trunk measurement is off by about 10". Bottom Line: I suggest a do over as it is free.
    Very respectfully, Tim
    Last edited by mrwirey; 06-19-2011 at 04:45 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    Hi been reading the threads and am thinking of buying HF-FM001 just had a superficail question about the downtube is it indented or flat? Anyone get it yet?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwirey View Post
    Hello,
    I would redo the fit calculator. Remember the old saying, "measure twice cut once". I would measure your trunk a second time as I think you may have measured incorrrectly (way too long) and you are therefore being told you need an extra long top tube. There is just no way on this earth you will fit an effective top tube of 61.9-62.3 unless you plan on riding in the Graham Obre 'Superman' position. I will bet your trunk measurement is off by about 10". Bottom Line: I suggest a do over as it is free.
    Very respectfully, Tim
    Thanks, couldn't figure out why I was being mistaken for a monkey. Daughter and I missed the measure location in the video.

Here are the corrected results:

Gender M
    Inseam 32.5625 in
    Trunk 22.75 in
    Forearm 13.1875 in
    Arm 25.1458 in
    Thigh 24.1875 in
    Lower Leg 24.1875 in
    Sternal Notch 55.25 in
    Total Body Height 66.5 in

I am looking at a frame for Competitive fit so these are the calculated dimensions:
    Seat tube range c-c 53.6 - 54.1
    Seat tube range c-t 55.2 - 55.7
    Top tube length 54.9 - 55.3
    Stem Length 10.6 - 11.2
    BB-Saddle Position 84.2 - 86.2
    Saddle-Handlebar 50.2 - 50.8
    Saddle Setback 1.7 - 2.1

So I am feeling better...

56CM frame? and 100mm stem?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    56 or 54?
    Attached Images Attached Images

mrwirey
    56 or 54?
    I deleted this text...I am writing a correction.
    Very respectfully, Tim
    Last edited by mrwirey; 06-19-2011 at 06:39 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    Does anyone have marco pollo's email address? I want to get some of those awesom decal sets but the link I found on this forum just wants to take me to a blogging site.

mrwirey
    56 or 54?
    Hello,
    I somehow thought you were researching an FM028...my bad. I believe you are correct in that the 56cm Chinarello is the size you would need based on the dimensions from your fit calculation. Stem will probably be around 110mm. Good luck!
    Very respectfully, Tim

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2009
    Thanks, couldn't figure out why I was being mistaken for a monkey. Daughter and I missed the measure location in the video.

Here are the corrected results:

Gender M
    Inseam 32.5625 in
    Trunk 22.75 in
    Forearm 13.1875 in
    Arm 25.1458 in
    Thigh 24.1875 in
    Lower Leg 24.1875 in
    Sternal Notch 55.25 in
    Total Body Height 66.5 in

I am looking at a frame for Competitive fit so these are the calculated dimensions:
    Seat tube range c-c 53.6 - 54.1
    Seat tube range c-t 55.2 - 55.7
    Top tube length 54.9 - 55.3
    Stem Length 10.6 - 11.2
    BB-Saddle Position 84.2 - 86.2
    Saddle-Handlebar 50.2 - 50.8
    Saddle Setback 1.7 - 2.1

So I am feeling better...

56CM frame? and 100mm stem?
    56cm kinda looks a stretch based on what I see amongst most riders for your measurements. I'm almost 3" taller than you're but a size 54 would fit me better but I do have poor flexibility. Seriously, unless you're already a very fit or has very good overall flexibility, think your original Italian steel bike dimensions (52x52) look like they fit you better.

My suggestion? Try 'Wrenchscience.com' for their fit calculator. In my opinion, they are better for the 'average person' when accounted for flexibility and maybe fitness.

In my opinion (that is only mine of course, I may not be right here ..) A frame with an effective top-tube of probably 52-52.5cm would fit you better. And a 100-110mm stem added into the mix.

Or, if you can, find 1 or 2 riding buddies with bikes in 52, 54, 56cm top-tubes to try for a 10-30min spin and see if their fit is anywhere near what 'feels comfortable' for you. My bet is that the one with an ~52cm TT and 110mm stem is gonna be the closest.

Hope it will be of help.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2002
    Re internal shift cables: Best avoided IME as shifting is almost invariably worse due to the - usually considerable! - extra friction. With some frames (old Kleins are about the worst) it's almost impossible to get reliable shifting. Low friction cables like Gore RideOn can help considerably.

IMHO ISPs suck. There's little weight saving, more stiffness there => harder ride, the bike is harder to transport, there is little adjustability in seat height, plus reselling the frame is more difficult. Seatpost caps are not available in as wide a range of offsets as are normal posts and if the frame has a non-round seatmast angling the saddle slightly to one side is also impossible, both of which can complicate fitting for some riders. The only advantages I can see are pose value, aerodynamics on TT frames, and that making the frame different and/or harder to resell increases sales of new frames and/or bikes, which is good only for manufacturers.
    Last edited by satanas; 06-19-2011 at 08:29 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2011
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by skoyrtis View Post
    Is this saddle comfy? there is no padding on it and i was wondering how it feels at long rides..?
    I was thinking of buying the white one form [email protected] but i eventually did not..
    What is your review?

Dimitris
    Did a 1 hour ride yesterday, tire pressure @ max, some bumpy roads and a pair of Assos shorts... comfy ride so far.

best regards

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by trixster_87 View Post
    Does anyone have marco pollo's email address? I want to get some of those awesom decal sets but the link I found on this forum just wants to take me to a blogging site.

[email protected]

He doesn't speak English.... so I found it helpful to write down what I wanted to say in Microsoft word and translated it to Portuguese then pasted that on the e-mail as well as the English wording..... worked well and I got exactly what I wanted..
    Last edited by PLAYONIT; 06-20-2011 at 05:53 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by satanas View Post
    Re internal shift cables: Best avoided IME as shifting is almost invariably worse due to the - usually considerable! - extra friction. With some frames (old Kleins are about the worst) it's almost impossible to get reliable shifting. Low friction cables like Gore RideOn can help considerably.

IMHO ISPs suck. There's little weight saving, more stiffness there => harder ride, the bike is harder to transport, there is little adjustability in seat height, plus reselling the frame is more difficult. Seatpost caps are not available in as wide a range of offsets as are normal posts and if the frame has a non-round seatmast angling the saddle slightly to one side is also impossible, both of which can complicate fitting for some riders. The only advantages I can see are pose value, aerodynamics on TT frames, and that making the frame different and/or harder to resell increases sales of new frames and/or bikes, which is good only for manufacturers.
    thank you guy

Page 81 of 241 FirstFirst ... 7980818283 ... LastLast