Chinese Carbon Thread and Ebay direct version 5.0 - Page 82

View Poll Results: Which Manufacturer Would You Recommend to a Friend?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hong Fu

55 42.31%
  • Deng Fu

52 40.00%
  • Miracle Trade

23 17.69%
Page 82 of 241 FirstFirst ... 8081828384 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 6010
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by plh1964 View Post
    Thanks, couldn't figure out why I was being mistaken for a monkey. Daughter and I missed the measure location in the video.

Here are the corrected results:

Gender M
    Inseam 32.5625 in
    Trunk 22.75 in
    Forearm 13.1875 in
    Arm 25.1458 in
    Thigh 24.1875 in
    Lower Leg 24.1875 in
    Sternal Notch 55.25 in
    Total Body Height 66.5 in

I am looking at a frame for Competitive fit so these are the calculated dimensions:
    Seat tube range c-c 53.6 - 54.1
    Seat tube range c-t 55.2 - 55.7
    Top tube length 54.9 - 55.3
    Stem Length 10.6 - 11.2
    BB-Saddle Position 84.2 - 86.2
    Saddle-Handlebar 50.2 - 50.8
    Saddle Setback 1.7 - 2.1

So I am feeling better...

56CM frame? and 100mm stem?
    I'm fairly close to you maybe a bit taller and am going with a 55cm frame

Measurements
    -------------------------------------------
    Inseam: 32
    Trunk: 23
    Forearm: 14.5
    Arm: 25.5
    Thigh: 32
    Lower Leg: 22.5
    Sternal Notch: 59
    Total Body Height: 71.5

The Competitive Fit (cm)
    Seat tube range c-c: 52.6 - 53.1
    Seat tube range c-t: 54.3 - 54.8
    Top tube length: 51.6 - 52.0
    Stem Length: 11.2 - 11.8
    BB-Saddle Position: 69.5 - 71.5
    Saddle-Handlebar: 52.3 - 52.9
    Saddle Setback: 11.6 - 12.0

S

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by svard75 View Post
    I'm fairly close to you maybe a bit taller and am going with a 55cm frame

Measurements
    Inseam: 32
    Trunk: 23
    Forearm: 14.5
    Arm: 25.5
    Thigh: 32
    Lower Leg: 22.5
    Sternal Notch: 59
    Total Body Height: 71.5

The Competitive Fit (cm)
    Seat tube range c-c: 52.6 - 53.1
    Seat tube range c-t: 54.3 - 54.8
    Top tube length: 51.6 - 52.0
    Stem Length: 11.2 - 11.8
    BB-Saddle Position: 69.5 - 71.5
    Saddle-Handlebar: 52.3 - 52.9
    Saddle Setback: 11.6 - 12.0

S
    You do realise that you're 5" taller ? That's like 12cm! Which is a lot !
    Your sternal crotch is 4" higher, which is 10cm!

Other than your inseam, trunk and arm length, I wouldn't say the rest of your measurements are anywhere near his though!

But looking at it again, I think one of you got your "trunk" or "inseam" measurements off by a big margin of error.

Both of your got very close measurements of inseam and trunk, but your sternal crotch and overall height differ by between 4"-5", where did the rest of the figures come from ?

I'm assuming so as the latter 2 measurements are very easy to get right but its often mis-measured for inseam and trunk. Seriously, do relook at your figures again ....

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maxxevv View Post
    You do realise that you're 5" taller ? That's like 12cm! Which is a lot !
    Your sternal crotch is 4" higher, which is 10cm!

Other than your inseam, trunk and arm length, I wouldn't say the rest of your measurements are anywhere near his though!

But looking at it again, I think one of you got your "trunk" or "inseam" measurements off by a big margin of error.

Both of your got very close measurements of inseam and trunk, but your sternal crotch and overall height differ by between 4"-5", where did the rest of the figures come from ?

I'm assuming so as the latter 2 measurements are very easy to get right but its often mis-measured for inseam and trunk. Seriously, do relook at your figures again ....
    My wife measured me up with a tape measure. I am 6'1" tall and pretty proportional (i.e. I don't have longer legs and a shorter torso or the other way around).

I guess I'll have her remeasure tonight. My buddy is close to my height/dimensions and he got fitted to a 55-56cm frame.

S

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2009
    My wife measured me up with a tape measure. I am 6'1" tall and pretty proportional (i.e. I don't have longer legs and a shorter torso or the other way around).

I guess I'll have her remeasure tonight. My buddy is close to my height/dimensions and he got fitted to a 55-56cm frame.

S
    svard,

for your height, and measurements, its a pretty common size at 55-56cm. I know of a few riders with your proportions who ride such sizes and are happy with it.

I'm just saying your measurements are not close to "plh1964" as based on his measurements, he's 169cm tall. Which assuming proportional body, is very different sizing. Which is why I think the 'trunk' or 'inseam' measurements are off for one of you. But in this case, I do think his is more likely to be off since your bike sizing is a lot closer to the 'norm' based on your size and overall height.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2002
    ^ Maybe one of them has no neck - it's very common with footballers here in Oz.

I'd be looking at *all* the frame dimensions, not just the nominal size, as everything else can vary considerably between different models. From what I've seen there are only 2-3 of these frames that would fit me acceptably, and none of them are common or particularly easy to get hold of. Hopefully I can order one soon, provided I can unload some other stuff. -(

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011

Gender M
    Inseam 32.5625 in

I am looking at a frame for Competitive fit so these are the calculated dimensions:
    BB-Saddle Position 84.2 - 86.2

So I am feeling better...

56CM frame? and 100mm stem?
    check your inseam vs BB- saddle. I think you made some erroneous input as according to this result your legs wont even reach the BB.
    32.56 inches equals 82.7 cm !

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009
    in your opinion which is the most sloping geometry frame available ATM?
    Last edited by Rob81; 06-20-2011 at 10:15 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2002
    ^ It's tempting to make a very non-PC joke here but I will resist! In any case, I haven't seen any of these frames rigged out with sails yet so will wait to see what others have to say...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by trixster_87 View Post
    Hi been reading the threads and am thinking of buying HF-FM001 just had a superficail question about the downtube is it indented or flat? Anyone get it yet?
    It is indented.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by PointMergeArrival View Post
    check your inseam vs BB- saddle. I think you made some erroneous input as according to this result your legs wont even reach the BB.
    32.56 inches equals 82.7 cm !
    I'll try the wrench science calculator and see how that measures me up. Not sure if the 2 drawings above are very readable due to reduction, here is what they say:

Frame Size 56
    BB center to Seat Post Top - 56cm
    Top Tube Length center to center - 54.9cm

Frame Size 54
    BB Center to Seat Post Top - 54cm
    Top Tube Length center to center - 53.3cm

I didn't post it but for reference
    Frame Size 52
    BB Center to Seat Post Top - 52cm
    Top Tube Length center to center - 52.2cm

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    Wrench Science Results
    WS Recommended Road Sizes
    Frame Size center-to-center: 54 cm
    Frame Size center-to-top: 55 cm
    Overall Reach: 64.76 cm
    Saddle Height: 73.02 cm
    Handlebar Width: 46 cm

wrench science
    Your Measurements
    Height: 66.50 in
    Sternum Notch: 55.25 in
    Inseam Length: 32.56 in
    Arm Length: 25.15 in
    Shoulder Width: 18.00 in
    Flexiblity: 7
    Weight: 168.00 lbs
    Foot Size: 8.50 USMens

So now I am really thinking 54??? I want to get the best fit. I know the geometry measurements of my steel 52 x 52 is very different than these modern carbon frames. More suggestions please.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by plh1964; 06-20-2011 at 03:41 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    thanks, just got the specs from jenny and think I'll order one next week.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    thanks, just got the specs from jenny and think I'll order one next week.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    what do you think about the frame of Miracle M0088? The version I like is ISP model.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    Looks nice

pedalpedalpedal
    So now I am really thinking 54??? I want to get the best fit. I know the geometry measurements of my steel 52 x 52 is very different than these modern carbon frames. More suggestions please.
    My singlespeed road bike is a 53cm, and my FM015 is a 51cm, and they both fit me perfectly. Go with the overall measurements, and ignore the stated size. Basically, I just compared top tube lengths and went with what was closest to my current (singlespeed) bike, and the rest worked itself out.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wipower View Post
    what do you think about the frame of Miracle M0088? The version I like is ISP model.
    Looks exactly like the FM015 from HongFu bikes. At least they have a warranty to back their frames with and they've been around under the same name for a few years. I would go with a reputable company.

I just bought an FM015-ISP but mine is getting a special paint scheme. Photos to come soon.

Cheers,
    S

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    other choice is FM109 by GreatkeenBike:

RoadBikeReview Member
    That's an interesting design. How much does it weigh? Looks like the FM028. Does this model have internal cable routing?

The FM015ISP weighs in at 1200g.

S

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    That's an interesting design. How much does it weigh? Looks like the FM028. Does this model have internal cable routing?

The FM015ISP weighs in at 1200g.

S
    I really don't know the weight , anyway I'm going to ask this. I think this frame has cable internal routing but I will ask also this!!

ciao

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2011
    Hi

I just noticed something. On the http://www.hongfu-bikes.com/index.asp main Hong Fu website the FM039 ISP and non ISP are not there anymore. It is still showing on the http://www.e-hongfu-bikes.com/

Does anyone remember if this frame was on their main website? I thought it was. If you recall something Jenny said in her email that makes me think they are pulling sales of this frameset for now was this... "in the future there will have 10mm spacer between the seat tube and wheels."

S
    Look -> products -> road frames http://www.hongfu-bikes.com/Prclass.asp?Id=1

Got an email from Jenny (hongfu) the spacing has been modified on the FM039 frame so there shoulden't be any issue.. I hope that the tubular carbon wheels fits my FM039ISP-"Beta" frame

Best regards
    Last edited by Sylvania; 06-21-2011 at 09:21 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2011
    i'd hold out until they can post a picture of the actual frame that doesn't look like its been gaffa taped together...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2010
    ? on the FM-039 I hadn't thought of. I use an ISM Adamo seat which isn't 100% horizontal on the bike. I've rotated the seat post about 3-4degrees to the left to align my 'nerve bundle' as they call it If its 100% aligned straight on the bike i get a lot of pain.

So is there an aero seat post that allows horizontal alignment as well, cause it looks like you can't move the seat post from side to side.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvania View Post
    Hi

Look -> products -> road frames http://www.hongfu-bikes.com/Prclass.asp?Id=1

Got an email from Jenny (hongfu) the spacing has been modified on the FM039 frame so there shoulden't be any issue.. I hope that the tubular carbon wheels fits my FM039ISP-Beta frame

Best regards
    Ask Jenny if they would be willing to swap frames with you. For some reason I doubt it but ask anyway.

S

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2011

Fm-015

I'm onsidering getting an FM-015 from DengFu or HongFu provided I get a buyer for my existing bike. Not sure on a few critical things. Here are a few things I'm not sure of.

1: Frame size - I'm currently using a 54cm frame. So I guess I would be needing a 53 or 55cm frame. I am 182cm )67.7in) tall with an inseam of 82cm (32.3in). What are the critical dimensions on the bike geometry I need to consider? Have read Sheldon Brown re bike sizing but it's all a bit confusing to me.

2: I would like to put a Shimano Ultegra Groupset on the bike. Will I need a BB30 for this (first time bike builder)? Haven't asked the question but do both supply the frames with the BB30 option?

3: I've read a fair bit of the threads and the most common issues I see are:
    a) problem with internal cable routing and the rear brake cable. Apparently, it's very tight. Is it all internal cable routing on the FM015 or just on the rear brake cable?
    b)Have seen a few problems with the BB as well. People had to bring it to LBS to get it faced. What's this mean? Also gunk inside BB. Will a quick sanding remove this? Does a BB30 need to be press fitted? Is this hard to do?
    c) Problems with the headset. Will the standard headset they provide work or do I need to order one off eBay. Remember some people saying not to use a compression fit and to use a star nut or something to that effect. Could anyone clarify this?

Any other major issues that I should take into consideration before taking the plunge?

4: The finish - Is it possible to get a 3K glossy white finish and still see the 3K weave or does the white paint finish cover the weave? Also, someone posted in the version 2 thread about 3K being weaker than 12K. Anyone have any problems with 3K frames cracking?

Page 82 of 241 FirstFirst ... 8081828384 ... LastLast