Chinese Carbon Thread and Ebay direct version 5.0 - Page 83

View Poll Results: Which Manufacturer Would You Recommend to a Friend?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hong Fu

55 42.31%
  • Deng Fu

52 40.00%
  • Miracle Trade

23 17.69%
Page 83 of 241 FirstFirst ... 8182838485 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 6010
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Anyone deal with Jing Cycling Co?

They seem to offer some pretty good frames...any info would be appreciated!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2010
    Have not seeing you riding ever so it is hard to know, those frame tools can give you an estimate but if you look, apparently your atala is too small, looking at the atala picutre i would say that is a tad small but i have not seeing you riding either so is hard to say.

Look for a carbon frame between 52 and 53 virtual top tube and it will fit just fine, small size is around that.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by plh1964 View Post
    Wrench Science Results
    WS Recommended Road Sizes
    Frame Size center-to-center: 54 cm
    Frame Size center-to-top: 55 cm
    Overall Reach: 64.76 cm
    Saddle Height: 73.02 cm
    Handlebar Width: 46 cm

wrench science
    Your Measurements
    Height: 66.50 in
    Sternum Notch: 55.25 in
    Inseam Length: 32.56 in
    Arm Length: 25.15 in
    Shoulder Width: 18.00 in
    Flexiblity: 7
    Weight: 168.00 lbs
    Foot Size: 8.50 USMens

So now I am really thinking 54??? I want to get the best fit. I know the geometry measurements of my steel 52 x 52 is very different than these modern carbon frames. More suggestions please.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Maraquis_of_Carabas View Post
    2: I would like to put a Shimano Ultegra Groupset on the bike. Will I need a BB30 for this (first time bike builder)? Haven't asked the question but do both supply the frames with the BB30 option?
    You don't want BB30 if you're putting Ultegra on it. Shimano does not have any BB30 crank options. Get a frame with a standard English bottom bracket (which may then need to have the threads chased and the bottom bracket faced).

Asad

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wipower View Post
    other choice is FM109 by GreatkeenBike:
    I like that - sort of Ridley esque lines to it. Would be nice to know whether or not the frame uses internal cable runs as well as additonal production images.
    There may not be an 'I' in team but there is a 'U' in suck!
    __0
    _ \ |_
    (O)/ (O)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by svard75 View Post
    Ask Jenny if they would be willing to swap frames with you. For some reason I doubt it but ask anyway.

S
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvania View Post
    Hi

Look -> products -> road frames http://www.hongfu-bikes.com/Prclass.asp?Id=1

Got an email from Jenny (hongfu) the spacing has been modified on the FM039 frame so there shoulden't be any issue.. I hope that the tubular carbon wheels fits my FM039ISP-"Beta" frame

Best regards
    Sorry, but i don't undestand what svard say. They want change our frames?
    Italian China Bike Forum # http://magicady.forumup.it/ #

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kngr8 View Post
    Sorry, but i don't undestand what svard say. They want change our frames?
    I was purely suggesting that you attempt to contact Jenny at HongFu bikes to see if they would be willing to swap the old design of FM039 for the new design of the FM039 with 10mm gap between the seattube and rear wheel. That is if you want to or if the gap concerns you.

S

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2011
    Thursday I will try the case and will contact jenny if I have problems : Thumbsup:
    Thanks
    Italian China Bike Forum # http://magicady.forumup.it/ #

pedalpedalpedal
    The rear derailer hanger on my FM015 bent, just under pressure of the cable/derailer, not because it ever came in contact with anything. Just super cheap and flexy aluminum, I guess.

Anyway, it's back on the bike now (fixed it in my bench vise for now), so does anyone know which type of hanger this frame uses. This one looks like it may be the right one, but since mine is back on the bike, I can't really compare. I could just go back to Hong-Fu for one, but I'd like to see if I could get one faster on eBay.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I found someone who buildup the FM015 with the same wheelset and groupo I will be using so I made some colouring effects to it to make it look more like how mine will be painted.

Thoughts?

mrwirey
    Quote Originally Posted by svard75 View Post
    I found someone who buildup the FM015 with the same wheelset and groupo I will be using so I made some colouring effects to it to make it look more like how mine will be painted.

Thoughts?
    Svard,
    I like the black and red; however, I am partial to the look of the Specialized Venge like the one here: https://charleswhitmire.files.wordpr...e_5025_600.jpg
    Very respectfully, Tim
    "Anything can be a torch if you set it on fire"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ultraman6970 View Post
    Have not seeing you riding ever so it is hard to know, those frame tools can give you an estimate but if you look, apparently your atala is too small, looking at the atala picutre i would say that is a tad small but i have not seeing you riding either so is hard to say.

Look for a carbon frame between 52 and 53 virtual top tube and it will fit just fine, small size is around that.

Good luck.
    The GreatKeen 54 measures 52.3 top tube.
    Attached Images Attached Images

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by wipower View Post
    I really don't know the weight , anyway I'm going to ask this. I think this frame has cable internal routing but I will ask also this!!

ciao
    I've sent them an email last year sometime about it. They said they only have the 52 mould and they don't have a clue when they will have a 56 or similar.

Shame because it looks awesome....

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2007
    Anyone ballsy enough to try those hundred dollar full carbon forks that are on ebay?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    This might sound like a stupid question, but if I get one of these frames, is there a certain way you need to put the decals on? I mean, do you need to sand like you would if you were painting? Do you just stick them on? Do you stick them on then clearcoat it? etc.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by geronimo View Post
    has anyone come into contact with one of the china carbon cyclocross frames? I have seen them on dengfu, hongfu, and cyclingyong.
    just so it doesnt get lost in the thread, has anyone used one of the chinese carbon cyclocross frames and if so how was it? or even seen/heard about one?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by plh1964 View Post
    The GreatKeen 54 measures 52.3 top tube.
    You read wrong ... that's the top-tube measurement. Not the effective top-tube length. For a sloping frameset, the top-tube measurement will be shorter than the "effective" or "virtual" measurement. Which is the actual one you should be concerned about. If you look at it, there is a "533.1" above the "523.1". That then is the correct measurement you should be looking at.

Its listed here, the top tube/ effective top-tube lengths. (The 2nd number being the effective length)

http://www.greatkeenbike.com/main/ho...=0009:&catid=9

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwirey View Post
    Svard,
    I like the black and red; however, I am partial to the look of the Specialized Venge like the one here: https://charleswhitmire.files.wordpr...e_5025_600.jpg
    Very respectfully, Tim
    No doubt its very classy and clean. Around here every Tom, Dick and Harry ride a specialized. I wanted to copy one that I likely won't ever see. But yeah that bike is beautiful.

Cheers,
    S

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beast123 View Post
    This might sound like a stupid question, but if I get one of these frames, is there a certain way you need to put the decals on? I mean, do you need to sand like you would if you were painting? Do you just stick them on? Do you stick them on then clearcoat it? etc.
    My experience with decals has been to just ensure the surface they will be going on is clean then apply them directly to the finish. Some people have sanded a bit down, however good quality vinyl stickes should last the lifetime depending on where you put them. If its an area where you rub then they may only last a few weeks. In that case you probably should sand down the entire area clean apply then clear coat if you can match the existing clear coat or just sand the entire frame down. Use a 800 grit then work your way up to a 1000. So its smooth.

Or just replace the decals every now and then.

S

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geronimo View Post
    just so it doesnt get lost in the thread, has anyone used one of the chinese carbon cyclocross frames and if so how was it? or even seen/heard about one?
    Not I. The headtube is an area of concern for me esp in cyclocross. Also take a look at the top tube and down tubes where they join the headtube. Inn a proper cyclocross I think they should be greater in size there.

My opinion of course.

S

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by maxxevv View Post
    You read wrong ... that's the top-tube measurement. Not the effective top-tube length. For a sloping frameset, the top-tube measurement will be shorter than the "effective" or "virtual" measurement. Which is the actual one you should be concerned about. If you look at it, there is a "533.1" above the "523.1". That then is the correct measurement you should be looking at.

Its listed here, the top tube/ effective top-tube lengths. (The 2nd number being the effective length)
    Thanks for clarifying. 53 top tube should still be OK for me.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2003
    The new 2012 Ultegra electronic group will look good on that bike.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2002
    Is everyone here only interested in looks or am I imagining it? The most important reason for choosing a frame is fit! It doesn't matter much how it looks - if you are buying it to ride - if it doesn't fit you as well as possible. There are very significant differences in geometry between many of these frames, and geometry that fits the particular rider should be the number one criterion for making a choice, not cosmetics. :-(

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    If you actually take the time to read through the threads, you'll see that a number of people have commented on the ride / fit characteristics of the frames here. Sure, it's not every post, but then again, I wouldn't expect it to be as such.

Secondly, I am of the opinion that an INFORMED cyclist can choose a variety of frames with differences in frame geometry and still achieve a consistent fit. A different head tube length can be corrected for with by carefully choosing a stem of the appropriate length. The setback of a seatpost and the saddle position is also fairly adjustable. This is all with using a bit of common sense though... I'm never going to fit on a typical 50cm or 58cm frame!

When I've switched bikes, I always made a record of the distances between contact points (saddle, handlebars, and pedals), distance to the ground, and the angle of contact to help re-create the same fit. I've done this with 3 road bikes and 2 TT bikes with good success.

And finally... We all like drooling over sexy bikes. get over it!

Quote Originally Posted by satanas View Post
    Is everyone here only interested in looks or am I imagining it? The most important reason for choosing a frame is fit! It doesn't matter much how it looks - if you are buying it to ride - if it doesn't fit you as well as possible. There are very significant differences in geometry between many of these frames, and geometry that fits the particular rider should be the number one criterion for making a choice, not cosmetics. :-(

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2002
    Yes, *some* people have commented on ride characteristics - and that's been helpful. However, I'd rather see a dimensioned drawing of the frame geometry than read someone's opinion thanks very much.

And yes, an informed person can do various things successfully, but I'm inclined to think that a significant number of those posting here are not informed, based purely on comments made and questions asked. BTW, not everyone has common sense, however one may choose to define it.

Keeping records of how one fits on a bike is only sensible but I am far from convinced that everyone here has any idea: a) how well their bike fits b) how to figure out if it fits c) what they should measure d) that it isn't a better idea just to ask here and accept whatever answer is given rather than bother trying to think. That may be a bit harsh and certainly does not apply to everyone, but there have been some "interesting" posts here, and many people would quite likely be better served by going to a decent bike shop and being fitted properly by somebody who has some clue what they're doing. (And no, not all bike shops have a clue about fitting.)

I cannot honestly say "sexy" is a word that would ever have occurred to me to apply to a bicycle, despite ~30 years in the business. "Interesting" or "clever" or "unusual" perhaps. I'm afraid only somewhat more animated objects qualify as "sexy" for me, but then maybe I have the wrong fetish(es) for this website!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    If you want geometry, go here.
    http://cheapcarbonframes.com/category/frames/

There are several posts scattered about this forum of the geometry of the most typical frames bought here. The website above summarizes most of that into one common place.

A geometry maybe sufficient for you, but many here have not had the opportunity to try different STA / HTA combinations, tube lengths, etc., nor would they know how these variables contribute to the ride characteristics. Opinions are helpful in giving the 'layman' some way of interpreting geometry information.

Sexy is another word for 'appealing'. Get your mind out of the gutter! If you've spent 30 years in the business and never came across this term, you've missed something!

Page 83 of 241 FirstFirst ... 8182838485 ... LastLast