Chinese Carbon Thread and Ebay direct version 5.0 - Page 84

View Poll Results: Which Manufacturer Would You Recommend to a Friend?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hong Fu

55 42.31%
  • Deng Fu

52 40.00%
  • Miracle Trade

23 17.69%
Page 84 of 241 FirstFirst ... 8283848586 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 6010
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by satanas View Post
    Yes, *some* people have commented on ride characteristics - and that's been helpful. However, I'd rather see a dimensioned drawing of the frame geometry than read someone's opinion thanks very much.

And yes, an informed person can do various things successfully, but I'm inclined to think that a significant number of those posting here are not informed, based purely on comments made and questions asked. BTW, not everyone has common sense, however one may choose to define it.

Keeping records of how one fits on a bike is only sensible but I am far from convinced that everyone here has any idea: a) how well their bike fits b) how to figure out if it fits c) what they should measure d) that it isn't a better idea just to ask here and accept whatever answer is given rather than bother trying to think. That may be a bit harsh and certainly does not apply to everyone, but there have been some "interesting" posts here, and many people would quite likely be better served by going to a decent bike shop and being fitted properly by somebody who has some clue what they're doing. (And no, not all bike shops have a clue about fitting.)

I cannot honestly say "sexy" is a word that would ever have occurred to me to apply to a bicycle, despite ~30 years in the business. "Interesting" or "clever" or "unusual" perhaps. I'm afraid only somewhat more animated objects qualify as "sexy" for me, but then maybe I have the wrong fetish(es) for this website!
    I take it by these two sentences you own a bike shop? Touche...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Minjin View Post
    Anyone ballsy enough to try those hundred dollar full carbon forks that are on ebay?
    Virtually everyone in this thread has a full carbon fork that came with their frame.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2002
    For the record:
    1. I know where to find the geometry - it's been written up in these threads before.
    2. Sexy is not - or should not be - a general purpose adjective applied to inanimate objects. Just because marketers have co-opted the term does not make it the correct one to use. I'm sure some people find guns and bombs "sexy" too...
    3. I do not own a bike shop, never have, and have never had a wish to do so.
    4. My concern is that some people are going to end up with things which do not suit them very well if their only means of arriving at a decision is a quick glance at what's said here. However much many people appear to detest bike shops some of them (but not all) can actually be useful, and can help with things like (for instance) fitting.
    5. I realise that admitting one has worked in the bike industry is tantamount to an admission of guilt/dishonesty/sociopathy/murderous intent, etc, to a lot of people here. Nonetheless I have yet to serve any jail time.
    [sigh]
    I'm outta here!
    Last edited by satanas; 06-22-2011 at 11:28 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    Well, you can't stop everyone from making an ill informed decision about a bike fit! To try and do so would only result in frustration.

Give good advice when you can, and don't worry about the rest!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by satanas View Post
    For the record:
    1. I know where to find the geometry - it's been written up in these threads before.
    2. Sexy is not - or should not be - a general purpose adjective applied to inanimate objects. Just because marketers have co-opted the term does not make it the correct one to use. I'm sure some people find guns and bombs "sexy" too...
    3. I do not own a bike shop, never have, and have never had a wish to do so.
    4. My concern is that some people are going to end up with things which do not suit them very well if their only means of arriving at a decision is a quick glance at what's said here. However much many people appear to detest bike shops some of them (but not all) can actually be useful, and can help with things like (for instance) fitting.
    5. I realise that admitting one has worked in the bike industry is tantamount to an admission of guilt/dishonesty/sociopathy/murderous intent, etc, to a lot of people here. Nonetheless I have yet to serve any jail time.
    [sigh]
    I'm outta here!
    I'll agree with all but point 2.

"[sek-see] Show IPA
    –adjective, sex·i·er, sex·i·est.
    concerned predominantly or excessively with sex; risqué: a sexy novel.
    sexually interesting or exciting; radiating sexuality: the sexiest professor on campus.
    excitingly appealing; glamorous: a sexy new car.
    "

Taken from http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sexy

Don't go you can share valuable information here...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2010
    Hi,

Does anyone know if this frame is available direct from China? I haven't come it across so doubt it but just in case anyone knows ...

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/products...t_40187925.jpg

Thanks,

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    I purchased a bike from cyclingyong.com toward the end of April (Pinarello Dogma)
    Took it out for a ride after assembly and found a crack in the steer tube that was not there at assembly. I have been in touch with Yong since 5/13 and I am still waiting for a fork. Four times "I will have it in 3 days" (or a week, or it is in my hands) still no fork.
    Beautiful frame though.

Vee
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Real sorry to hear that. Best of luck with getting your replacement and please keep us posted!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    I purchased a bike from cyclingyong.com toward the end of April (Pinarello Dogma)
    Took it out for a ride after assembly and found a crack in the steer tube that was not there at assembly. I have been in touch with Yong since 5/13 and I am still waiting for a fork. Four times "I will have it in 3 days" (or a week, or it is in my hands) still no fork.
    Beautiful frame though.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Vee
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by madmaxfield23 View Post
    Beautiful frame though.
    How did you find that crack after a ride? Did you tear it back down for a reason?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by fab4 View Post
    The new 2012 Ultegra electronic group will look good on that bike.
    Will be Campagnolo Super Record 11

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Vee View Post
    How did you find that crack after a ride? Did you tear it back down for a reason?
    Bike was creaking during a fairly short but burly climb. On the way home I traced it to the head set. The washers under the stem were still tight (as in the spacers did not rotate when I tried to spin them) but when the wheel/fork was turned 90 degrees it had appreciable play (and not from the wheel).
    Pulled the fork, saw the crack, grabbed my trusty PT kit (I race karts and cars on the side) and confirmed the crack.

On the one hand, Yong admitted fault immediately and agreed to ship a new fork. On the other hand, the delivery has been very poor. Lately rousting him on email (after the fourth failed commitment of a date on his part) is difficult.

Tried to work it through paypal....after 40 days you are SOL even if you follow thier instructions to the letter and try to work it through with the vendor. On a positive note, I paid thru paypal with a credit card and I have recourse through my credit card company.

(BTW if he just sent me a new fork painted correctly, I would be totally happy)
    Last edited by madmaxfield23; 06-22-2011 at 07:59 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011

Large size frames

Having read through these threads, and looked at the webshops, it appears that only the FM028 frame comes in size 60 (top tube 58.6).

Is this the case, that this is the only model with a toptube of more than 58.5cm?

Thanks,
    B

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tarzan13 View Post
    Hi,

Does anyone know if this frame is available direct from China? I haven't come it across so doubt it but just in case anyone knows ...

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/products...t_40187925.jpg

Thanks,
    Very similar to the FM039 frame by hongfu bikes. Sylvania has one of the early models. They have increased the space between the rear wheel and seattube since but the wait time for that frame is 45 days.

Cheers,
    S

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009
    anyone with this (MC025)?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    Just got my TT frame and wheels from Dengfu. Fast shipping and fantastic service all through the procces. Tell me what you think. The theme is LiveStrong.

https://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/7/imag0264bp.jpg/

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Bisgaard View Post
    Just got my TT frame and wheels from Dengfu. Fast shipping and fantastic service all through the procces. Tell me what you think. The theme is LiveStrong.

Not a LiveStrong (or anything Lance Armstrong related) fan...but I have to admit that is one pretty frame! Enjoy it!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by RC28 View Post
    Not a LiveStrong (or anything Lance Armstrong related) fan...but I have to admit that is one pretty frame! Enjoy it!
    I'm not a Armstrong fan at all, but a big fan of the fight against cancer, and as i'm been collecting money for the cancer fight on my endurance rids, i thought it would be a fun project to make a livestrong bike .

Really looking forward to getting it assembled.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob81 View Post
    anyone with this (MC025)?
    Looks exactly like the FM039 frame from hongfu. Sylvania has that frame.

EDIT: Sorry it actually does not look exactly but similar. The FM039 has internal cable routing and I noticed this one is external. Looks very aero. One thing that several FM039 people noticed is how close the rear wheel was to the seatstay. It was almost too close and would not fit anything larger than a number of 23c tires. Read back a few pages and you'll see the posts.

Cheers,
    S
    Last edited by svard75; 06-23-2011 at 03:52 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member

It's really nice. Let us know if you have any issues around rear brake mounting. I hear that these Chinese TT frames do something weird down there.

S

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011

Looks more than GREAT.!!

CXM
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dimzaf View Post
    Looks more than GREAT.!!
    Got me jealous. Loving the colors!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by gpcyclist25 View Post
    Thanks for all the help, guys. I don't remember how I happened on this forum and consequently, the idea of building up a cheap chinese frame into a weightweenie bike, but after about 2.5 months, here it is.

Build details:
    FM015 53cm
    CF fork
    HB003 handlebars
    CF bottle cages
    Neco headset
    SRAM Force, except for KMC X10SL gold chain, SRAM Red levers
    Fizik Arione CX saddle
    Ritchey WCS 4-Axis alloy stem
    Ritchey Pro Carbon seatpost
    Thomson seat collar
    Fizik Dual bar tape
    Jagwire cabling
    Chris King BB
    Token downtube adjusters
    Handbuilt wheels, from Hongfu 50mm rims, Bitex hubs, Sapim CX-Ray spokes
    Look Keo 2 Max pedals

Weight estimate - 15.4 lbs

Notes:
    Made a few mistakes, as this was my first build ever. Stripped the head of the pinch bolt on the RD, despite using a torque wrench. Part is on order at LBS, but not critical, as stripped in final setting. Otherwise, SRAM very easy to install, also had Park Tool repair book on tap as well. Steerer a little tricky to cut, as the Neco compression plug has 2mm lip on it, so even if using a spacer, need to cut down an additional 2mm, which I didn't do. Sanding was taking too long, so I opted for 2x5mm spacers instead of 1x5mm and said screw it. Used carbon paste and greased all threads, bought too much grease, so now have both a 1lb Park Tool can of grease and chemically identical 1lb can of Liquidwrench bearing grease. So I'm set for grease until about the year 2100.

Frame came in pretty good shape, except for a little "flaking" on the seatpost clamp area, which apparently wasn't cut well, so the layering was uneven, with a small crack through. My LBS indicated that he wasn't too concerned when I showed him (he built the wheels), but I decided to McGyver it and go to Lowes and pick up some epoxy, which I layered over both sides of the crack. Seemed to do the job quite nicely.

Originally wrapped the Dual tape with the Fizik logo showing, which was just too much red, backed it out and re-wrapped it to be more subtle.

Wheels - Didn't mean to show this with "race" wheels, but the purchase of my training wheels has become its own saga, one that may end very badly if my concerns come to pass. Vendor is well-known here so I won't open it up until I'm certain that something is amiss, at which point I'll relate the experience.
    excellent

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2006

Nice frame! I wanted to get one, but I've read it won't with the newer Hed Jet/Stinger discs. BTW, that dresser looks familiar...IKEA....

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2011
    it will be interesting to see what happens to Liestrong after this whole fed investigation flames him. Just something I think about - threadjack over.

Page 84 of 241 FirstFirst ... 8283848586 ... LastLast