Chinese Carbon Thread and Ebay direct version 6.0 - Page 217
Page 217 of 218 FirstFirst ... 215216217218 LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,425 of 5450
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay561 View Post
    My F8 copy had that problem but carbon paste solved it right away. Did you use carbon paste?
    Duh

Of course I used carbon paste.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    I found this on ebay from a US seller, and $269 shipped. Did lots of searching, but can't find much. Good deal?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...418773&alt=web

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Duh

Of course I used carbon paste.
    Sorry for asking.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay561 View Post
    Sorry for asking.
    No problem

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2008
    Alrighty homeslices. I need some advice from someone who has experience with the Tarmac clone. My roommate has a Tarmac SL4, and I'm kind of in love with it. Of course, his is the SL4. I understand that if I were to buy one of the Chinese FM models, it would *not* be equivalent to the SL4, but I do like the frame, the geo, and the way it rides.

Here's my question. I've essentially decided on a Tarmac clone, but something just popped up on a craigslist that caught my eye. A local in my area (literally, down the street) is selling a 2010 Tarmac Pro frameset. It'd come it a crankset, seatpost, BB, and headset, for slightly more than I could get a chinese version of the same.

This is the frame: Specialized Bicycle Components

Anyone ridden this frame? Anyone know anything on how a 5-year-old Pro compares to the new Chinese FM208 (from Dengfu)? Anyone have a solid price on the 208? I realize that the Chinese New Year holidays are going on for a little while, so I've turned to you.

I guess the pros and cons are this:

Craigslist Big S:
    Same price, know frame is finished properly (ie, headset and BB), and has a name brand on it. Cons are that part of the reason I want a no-name frame is for the lack of a name. As far as paintjobs go, this one is tolerable. Have ridden a newer (2013) Pro and thought it was bomb-diggity. Frame is used, and appears to be in decent shape (thought the pictures are at least 6 months old).

eBay:
    Same price, but longer wait by 2-3 weeks and possibility of needing extra work. Uncertain of ride characteristics, but can get the paint job I want. Possibility of being same weight. New, unused.

Anyone have thoughts, abusive comments, etc?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2012
    I'd go with the Craigslist one (if its in near mint condition), see my previous conributions to this thread to know why

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2003

FM066sl BB30 alignment question

I should have posted this on the Chinese thread but cannot access it for some strange reason. I have been working to figure this out, but I am running an older generation Sram Red 10 speed crankset (GXP). I am running the FM066 BB30 frame with a Praxis BB in it. What I am realizing is that the non drive side crank sticks pretty far away from the chain stay (compared to the drive side) when everything is mounted up. I am pretty sure this is considered a symmetrical frame when all is said and done. I have posted at length about this in the wrenching forum. That said, has anyone had any issues with the BB30 shell not being centered? I am trying to decide if I need a new set of cranks or a new frame.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2012
    Has anyone made a build based on Miraclebikes FM 186? I really love the design, I will even say it looks better than the F8 I guess it tries to replicate.

I'm a little worried about the weight and the price (!). The later because it seems to be a bit cheaper than some of the other frames.

2014 New Road Bicycle Bike Carbon Frame Fork Seatpost Headset UD Matt BB86 53.5cm Frameset-in Bicycle Frame from Sports & Entertainment on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Would love to hear experiences and see the results of final builds.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    so my deng-fu 206 is now here, having winded its tortuous route to spain via a van from margate, uk to avoid spains hellish anti-Chinese bike dumping taxes! it looks great to be fair, although I have already had some of the traditional Chinese qc issues with building it. unfortunately the build has stalled rather early due to being currently owed several thousands of $ by my bloody work, meaning that as yet is has no wheels... not ideal for a bike... hopefully that will be sorted by Friday and things can get moving again!

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2011
    Amazing. Do we all celebrate with specialized and the take down of oem-carbon.com. Specialized has now saved many many lives in the near future. Co-payment at doctor visits, death, broken bones, dentist, ect....
    Last edited by NYC_CAAD; 03-12-2015 at 03:31 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepherder View Post
    Anyway, I was actually looking for an endurance frame from China. Anyone have any good suggestions. Something like a synapse, roubaix or domane. How would the quality be compared to the originals.
    The only frame I know of that is considered "relaxed" would be the fm029. Several vendors sell this model (or one very similar) under different names. Zhongwei calls it the R-008 and seem to have a good price on it. Pretty close to pulling the trigger on it as my current frame's geometry isn't the best for me.

flinty-eyed moderator

Moderators Note

No counterfeits please.
    Dr. Cox: Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2011
    Hey nirVELOvana. Can you please reply with your email..

Thank you!

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo...
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC_CAAD View Post
    Hey nirVELOvana. Can you please reply with your email..

Thank you!
    Hey。

Sorry。 I never give me private contact details out to anybody I encounter on the Internet。 Once bitten。。。

I'm more than happy to answer any questions you want to ask me right here in the forum though。
    — Please allow me to introduce all you «Speshwul Wittle Guys» out there to my Speswul Wittle Fwiend

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nirVELOvana View Post
    Sorry。 I never give me private contact details out to anybody I encounter on the Internet。 Once bitten。。
    Confused - did the previous poster send you a Private Message which you are not answering or was there a request to post personal data on a public forum (which is a no-no)?
    There may not be an 'I' in team but there is a 'U' in suck!
    __0
    _ \ |_
    (O)/ (O)

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo...
    Quote Originally Posted by ms6073 View Post
    “。。。or was there a request to post personal data on a public forum (which is a no-no)?。。。”
    It's not important。

As you were。
    — Please allow me to introduce all you «Speshwul Wittle Guys» out there to my Speswul Wittle Fwiend

RVA
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2015
    Does anyone have a good comparison between the dengfu fm208 and fm098? it seems like the fm098 is very popular but the fm208 is significantly (ust under 300g) lighter. Im debating building one of these and would love some feedback from anyone with a fm208 since I havent found as much on it. Seems the weight difference in the 098 is made up mostly from the more aero frame? any help is appreciated. cheers

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo...
    Quote Originally Posted by RVA View Post
    “。。。a good comparison between the dengfu fm208 and fm098。。。”
    FM208 vs FM098

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    I am seeing 2014 or 2015 synapse frames being offered on aliexpress through vendors who say it's a greatkeen frame. Has anyone taken the plunge and bought one? online chat w rep said it's a new product. How long would you wait before buying a new frame design from these chinese factories? Bound to be some problems to work out in first run of frame right?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2011
    If you are on strava.com and ride a chinarello feel free to join the global CC club I set up.

https://www.strava.com/clubs/chinarello

It would be fun to see where chinarellos are ridden.
    Last edited by blend76; 03-19-2015 at 04:07 AM.

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo...
    Quote Originally Posted by blend76 View Post
    “。。。If you are on strava.com and ride a chinarello feel free to join the global CC club I set up。

https://www.strava.com/clubs/chinarello

It would be fun to see where chinarellos are ridden。。。
    ”

I。B。T。M。

Although I'm not a Stravanian, I gotta say that is a pretty neat idear for a cycling club。

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanTownRoadie View Post
    Glad to help. I finished building up my frame from Miracle (its an MC695) I had the same questions you did. If there's anything else you run into just PM me.
    Hey all, I am back in the market for a Chinese carbon raod bike. I'm pretty much set on the Cervelo R5 type frame (have no desire to have counterfeit with decals, prefer straight carbon). BeanTownRoadie, it looks like your Miracle MC695 is the R5 style. I notice they now have only a MC696 listed on their site, and the weight is over 1 kg (I've seen other R5 type that are 870g).

It seems there are loads of different companies selling the R5 style road frame. Since I don't see a search function for this thread, is some kind soul willing to give me the rundown on what would be good sellers that make a high quality R5 style frame? Shoot me a link if you know of any other threads where it's discussed too. Thanks!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by nirVELOvana View Post
    I。B。T。M。

Although I'm not a Stravanian, I gotta say that is a pretty neat idear for a cycling club。
    Well, now you got a great excuse to get yourself a gps device or a phone with the money you saved on the frame We already got members from N-America, UK, Continental Europe and Asia. Still missing members from Australia and S-America. Let's make it global!

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo...
    Quote Originally Posted by blend76 View Post
    “。。。Let's make it global!。。。”
    Thanks for the invite。 But because of some other «off-shore generic-brand» purchases I made a couple days ago, I figure I'd be better off on a different playing field。 ;¬)

For my money, these guys would be more my speed
    Last edited by nirVELOvana; 03-26-2015 at 02:29 AM. Reason: Pre-dawn Perturbance by the Pedal-Powered Po-Po