Chinese Carbon Thread and Ebay direct version 7.0 - Page 4
Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Flac Vest View Post
    Anybody have any info on the long lead-times from Dengfu? Purchased a bike from them early last month and have not had any contact after sending payment. Dealt with them directly "[email protected]" (email on their front page) and after getting the invoice and sending payment, all communication has stopped.

How long is the lead time? I'm told 6-10 days for paint but it's been... 3 or so weeks now.
    If the paint job is intricate, it could take a little longer than usual, or if you asked for a carbon weave they don't have in stock. Hope it works out for you.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Flac Vest View Post
    Anybody have any info on the long lead-times from Dengfu? Purchased a bike from them early last month and have not had any contact after sending payment. Dealt with them directly "[email protected]" (email on their front page) and after getting the invoice and sending payment, all communication has stopped.

How long is the lead time? I'm told 6-10 days for paint but it's been... 3 or so weeks now.
    Same boat here. Paid; havent been able to reach them.

Many emails, skypes, nothing..

Starting to worry. Sigh.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2015
    I managed to get a response from them via skype.

They're saying 6-15 days for paint; but itll be on the way soon(ish).

So: if you need to reach them; hit them on skype!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    Has anyone visited one of the production sites of hongfu or dengfu? I think i remember someone posting some pictures once, can't find them anymore though.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Bnecon View Post
    Has anyone visited one of the production sites of hongfu or dengfu? I think i remember someone posting some pictures once, can't find them anymore though.
    http://forums.roadbikereview.com/bik...ml#post3019854

Looks like the pictures are dead, though.

Unrelated:
    I'll echo not to buy Velobuild if you can. I have an R-016, and while its a decent bike, the QC and finishing is pretty poor, and the support received ...well, doesnt exist.

Waiting on Deng Fu FM098 which I can compare directly when arrives.

I'll gladly write up some of the issues with the R-016 when I have some extra time and my camera back from warranty service.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Has anyone here ordered, received, or ridden an FR-315 frame?

Flyxii, and various eBay retailers sell them.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2013
    Does anyone know what the Chinarello's use for a BB30? I just got the frame and it appears to be a pressing, just wondering g

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by walked View Post
    I managed to get a response from them via skype.

They're saying 6-15 days for paint; but itll be on the way soon(ish).

So: if you need to reach them; hit them on skype!
    I received an email from my original contact saying they were shipping soon.

I think what happens is they contact and work with people for a short while and then all go do "other things," like build bikes, or work other jobs. Then they come back and contact everybody en masse.

Possibility of the bikes not being in stock either; I'm assuming there's a lul since the frames are getting older, hype is dying, and velo-build isn't dealing with them anymore.

Good info for future purchase suggestions, none-the-less.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2013
    I jus bought a r-055. care to share the problems you've had with your frame?

Quote Originally Posted by walked View Post
    http://forums.roadbikereview.com/bik...ml#post3019854

Looks like the pictures are dead, though.

Unrelated:
    I'll echo not to buy Velobuild if you can. I have an R-016, and while its a decent bike, the QC and finishing is pretty poor, and the support received ...well, doesnt exist.

Waiting on Deng Fu FM098 which I can compare directly when arrives.

I'll gladly write up some of the issues with the R-016 when I have some extra time and my camera back from warranty service.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2015
    So I picked up a FM066 from Dengfu, they forgot to send the headset I ordered so Im waiting for it to arrive. Lame. Looking at the frame, I was curious, the housings that routed internally, should I be routing my cables through these? It appears that I should be.

Thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2015
    Hi all,

My 2008 Tarmac frame just got a nice crack, and I'm seriously considering going the Chinese route. I've been looking at the Dengfu FM208, but the seat tube seems shorter than the Tarmac from the pictures I've seen.

Does anyone know of another good Tarmac clone?

I have also considered the FM098, but I'm only 68kg so I'm looking for more of an all-rounder.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    I am looking at another frame. I noticed one on VeloBuild, the R-077. It is one of the super light frames, 765 gm for a 52 cm. Any experience or thoughts on this one?

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2015
    Hey all, I have been reading this forum for a long time and through all of the China carbon threads.

Inam am finally ready to pull the trigger on one of these frames. After talking with Abigail at Hong Fu, I have decided on the following order:

fm296 with fork
    steal post / clamp
    headset
    st003 stem
    hb003 drop bars

before I ordered I wanted to run this buy you guys. I didn't read much on the 296 specifically or any good/bad feed back on the stems and bars.

Thanks in advance!!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2010

FM015 Frame Replacement Headset?

Hey Everyone, I've had the Chinese FM015 frame for about 4 years and want to replace the headset. I can order another NECO headset and wait 30 days for it arrive, but thought I would go with something else. Anyone replace their FM015 headset with something stateside?

Thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    As long as 1-1/8" upper and 1-1/2" lower combo, it should be good. I saw some good deals from US located ebay sellers.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2007
    Can someone recommend me a carbon disc frame? Preferably one with decent room for a 25-28c tire.

Background: I have a steel commuter bike that I run a 1x9 (from before it was cool) and flat bars. Frame is kinda out of alignment, bent non-replaceable hanger etc. Time for a new frame. Wouldn't mind spending a few hundred on a carbon replacement.

Bonus if the frame had trough axles.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    Yeah I'm also looking for a carbon disc frame but something road oriented rather than CX.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    Roubiax, Diverge, Secteur, Bianchi CV, Cannondale several models... List is longer than what my feeble memory can pluck out quickly...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2011

Fm296 / mc296

Quote Originally Posted by Buckit View Post
    Hey all, I have been reading this forum for a long time and through all of the China carbon threads.

Inam am finally ready to pull the trigger on one of these frames. After talking with Abigail at Hong Fu, I have decided on the following order:

fm296 with fork
    steal post / clamp
    headset
    st003 stem
    hb003 drop bars

before I ordered I wanted to run this buy you guys. I didn't read much on the 296 specifically or any good/bad feed back on the stems and bars.

Thanks in advance!!

I have just bought and assemble a MC296 from Miracle Bike. This is the same model as the FM296 from Hong Fu.
    HF advertise T700 and T800 FM296 carbon frame but the weight of both were similar. MC told me that the MC296 was definitively high percent of T800 carbon. The weight was slightly lower but the frame was a bit more expensive.

The frame I got was well finish , inside and outside. but during the assembly I ran into 2 minor problem.

First, there a plastic cover under the bottom bracket where the shifter cable come out of the frame and slide in is grove of that cover. I had to file about 1-2 mm of carbon around the hole of the cover where the cable came out of the frame because they were pinch by the cover. This as solve the problem.

Second, the seatpost that came with the frame was to small and I believe that the seat tube of the framewas also to big. I measure the seatpost diameter around 26,8 to 27,0 mm. It was smaller at the end and bigger closer to the seat. Its suppose to be 27,2 mm exactly. When tigh to the maximum, I was still able to move the seatpost back and forth because there was to much play. I ask last week Miracle for a suggestion on how to fix this and I am waiting for an answer.
    In the meantime, I have cut a piece a Transparency film for laser printer and wrap it around the seat post. The film is made of hard plastic but is thin. I adjust the length for a snug fit, about 1/3 the circumference of the tube I put some carbon paste both side of the Film and install. I did 2 x 100 km ride and the post is solid.

The ride quality of this frame is fine. THe steering is neutral, I like it. Its not as fast as the FM-069 which I find a bit to reactive. The ride quality is similar the the FM-69. Its absorb well the road vibration at the front but the back is on the rigid side, but till comfortable. My Opus Vivace 2010 was more absorbing at the back on rough road.

On the other hand, the MC296 seems to have a bit less flex in the bottom braket while climbing than my Opus. The FM069 was similar to the MC296. I feel a bit more efficient.

In summery, I did about 250 km on the bike and like it. I am still adapting to the change.

Personally, I would be curious to compare with the MC696. That frame have a longer headtube and would be more appropriate for my riding style (100 km endurance ride, 28 - 30 km/h cruising speed) Other frame in that category is the IP-306/CS-306 / R-016 frame.

Forever a Student
    Quote Originally Posted by SL06 View Post
    I have just bought and assemble a MC296 from Miracle Bike. This is the same model as the FM296 from Hong Fu.
    HF advertise T700 and T800 FM296 carbon frame but the weight of both were similar. MC told me that the MC296 was definitively high percent of T800 carbon. The weight was slightly lower but the frame was a bit more expensive.

These companies do NOT use Japanese Toray carbon fiber. I can just about promise you that. There is no Tanything in any of these Chinese frames. They use stuff made in China of course. So please stop believing them with the T800 T1000 T700 nonsense, they're just lying to you to get your money.
    use a torque wrench

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Garza View Post
    @SL06
    Is the MC696 the same frame as the FM-029 or the Zonghwei R-008 (R-027 on velobuild)? The geometry looks identical. I'm also hunting for a slightly more relaxed geometry frame.
    Sorry, I dont know.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by MMsRepBike View Post

These companies do NOT use Japanese Toray carbon fiber. I can just about promise you that. There is no Tanything in any of these Chinese frames. They use stuff made in China of course. So please stop believing them with the T800 T1000 T700 nonsense, they're just lying to you to get your money.
    Big claims. Any evidence to back this up?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by MMsRepBike View Post

All I can say is that i like my frame ! I paid less than half what the local store was asking me for an equivalent frame. My opinion is that it was money well invested, even considering the minor issue I got.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2015
    Hey everyone,
    I've been reading through numerous pages of the Chinese carbon threads over the past month and they have been very informative, but as I get closer to buying a few questions have popped up. I'd really appreciate it if someone who owns an FM098 or someone who has ridden one could answer anything they can.

1. The one major problem with the FM098 from what I've read is problems with the seatpost slipping. I've heard a new seatpost clamp was made but I haven't seen any reports of its effectiveness. Does anyone know how the new seatpost clamp is holding?

2. From what I have read, the FM098 is very similar to the Venge in its geometry. If I went to a bike shop and got someone to fit me to a Venge, would that help me determine what frame size and stem I should get?

3. I've seen mixed reports on the ease of internally routing the gearing cables. Are there tubes or something inside of the frame to guide the cables, or is it completely hollow and you have to fish for it?

4. Should I be getting the braze on derailleur from Shimano, or do I need a band?

5. The prices I've seen people pay for their frame has like a ~$200 variance. Is it okay to haggle with the people at Dengfu?

Thanks in advance for your advice, this will be my first bike build and I'm quite inexperienced. I plan on gathering the parts over summer and then building it in the fall.

Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast