Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4344454647 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1170
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by DCash View Post
    Originally the frame would've come with rubber covers for the DI2 wire holes and and replacement inserts for the shift cable stops.
    Didn't come with them as I bought it used. Original owner had di2. Was just wondering if anyone had simple solutions to it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    OG-Evkin CF25/Velobuild r066 Canyon ultimate frame arrived yesterday-890 gram frame, 350 uncut fork, 165 seatpost. Paint looks good, BB86, seatpost, and steertube dims all good and concentric.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009
    My FM079F arrived Thursday. Frame is nice, all measurements check out. But they forgot to put my freaking fork in the box. So I wait, another week or two..

Also, I now know that the frame dropout is NOT threaded for the axle. I'm freaking out that the fork will also show up the same way, but the catalog notes the thread pitch so I hope that will be ok. This really disappointing as I wanted to use maxle stealths front and rear.
    Last edited by 92gli; 03-24-2018 at 07:04 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009
    For the frame, It appears I can use an ibis hexle with 1.5 pitch threads and either a shimano or paul components nut. Problem solved it seems. Fingers crossed on the fork.
    Last edited by 92gli; 03-24-2018 at 07:05 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremerradkurier View Post
    OG-Evkin CF25/Velobuild r066 Canyon ultimate frame arrived yesterday-890 gram frame, 350 uncut fork, 165 seatpost. Paint looks good, BB86, seatpost, and steertube dims all good and concentric.
    Done building-7.68kg/16.93lb

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    ^ Are you sure you don't want to tilt up the handlebar little?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2005

Workswell gravel frames

Does anyone here have experience with the Workswell gravel frames, specifically the WCB-R-146?
    WCB-R-146-workswellbikes

Just wondering how well these frames hold up over time and the general workmanship of the company (I've mostly heard good things about them). This frame is only available with BB86 (according to the rep I'm speaking to) so I'm a little worried about that but I'm hoping that something like a Wheels Mfg threaded BB will head off any problems.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2010
    Is this promo legit? If so, anyone interested in this group buy with me? HongFu FM008 or FM088. I think the retail price on their frameset is $580.

Chinese Carbon Thread and Ebay direct version 7.0-april-fools-day.jpg

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by eecc View Post
    Is this promo legit? If so, anyone interested in this group buy with me? HongFu FM008 or FM088. I think the retail price on their frameset is $580.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	April Fools Day.jpg 
Views:	317 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	322271
    Maybe they have a sense of humor.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009
    I don't think it's a joke cause they emailed it to all prior customers and $100 off is certainly not unrealistic.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009
    The long awaited Hong Fu FM079F! I think this may be the first one on here.
    Was quite a project getting this. After some very confusing back and forth with jenny, and then finding out that they had no stock on hand, the frame showed up with no fork. That took another week. Despite the website showing both 12 and 15mm axle options for the fork, they only make 15. I'm fine with it, I already had the 15mm maxle stealth. These forks ARE threaded, unlike the frame.

Notes -
    - For the fork, you need the 15mm sram maxle stealth.
    - For the frame, I used an Ibis Hexle for "shimano boost". It's actual length is 171mm and it works perfect with a shimano axle nut.
    - You'll need to replace the grub screw on the drive side dropout with a longer screw for holding the nut in place while you tighten the axle. The supplied grub screw is too short. I had a hex screw that worked perfect.(see pic).
    - The cable guide straws that came in the frame didn't cross the headtube. I like my cables to cross so they were useless. Luckily it wasn't too much of a ***** to run the cables. I only needed a guide wire to get the RD cable from the BB to the end of the chainstay. Grommets for the brake hose are a little too flexible and aren't staying put. I'll be looking into other options for those.
    - The non drive side bottom bracket cup pressed in with only hand pressure... not good. I re-installed with a ton of blue loctite, hopefully it's secure and won't make noise.
    - Tires shown are 25s. I have 28mm schwalbe ones on the way. Plenty of room. However, the chainstays are not symmetrical, there is less clearance on the drive side.
    - Rear brake mount had a good bit of excess resin I had to shave off. Alignment of both brake mounts was perfect once I took care of that.

(Haven't finalized my stem height or wrapped the bars). Weight as shown is 18lbs on the nose. Ultegra drivetrain and brakes (except the 105 cranks), easton ec90 bars, bontrager rxl stem, dt spline r32 wheels, bontrager r2 tubeless tires, 160 front rotor, 140 rear, spech avatar saddle, fsa slk post, speedplay pedals.
    Chinese Carbon Thread and Ebay direct version 7.0-img_20180406_123500.jpg
    Chinese Carbon Thread and Ebay direct version 7.0-img_20180406_123555.jpg
    Chinese Carbon Thread and Ebay direct version 7.0-img_20180406_123603.jpg
    Chinese Carbon Thread and Ebay direct version 7.0-img_20180406_123715.jpg
    Last edited by 92gli; 04-08-2018 at 08:03 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    Hi All,

So... 6.5 years and thousands of miles later, my FR301 Flyxii frame is toast.

RD hanger broke off (my fault because I noticed a wrinkle in it, but was too lazy to replace at the time) breaking 2 spokes and trashing one of the rear stays.

Looking for a replacement frame now. I'm in Denver, so lots of hilly riding, plus I throw aero-bars on it for my Triathlons (don't currently see a need for a TT bike in CO).

Based on an old email, this is what the old frame was:

FR301
    TT 540
    ST 52
    HT 140
    HTA 72.5
    STA 73.5
    WB 977

By the looks, it seems that FLX-FR-322 might be close, and a really good price ($350). Anything else that'd be worth looking into? The 52CM FR301 I currently have felt like a hair too long - I ended up putting a 65CM stem on it, but I'm not sure if going down to the 50 with a longer stem is a good idea or not, especially with a shorter wheelbase and going 40+ down CO mountain roads.

Chinese Carbon Thread and Ebay direct version 7.0-ubcynnr.jpg
    Chinese Carbon Thread and Ebay direct version 7.0-0yfn0f2.jpg

.je
    Lizard Person
    A VB-R-066 (also known as the OG-CF025) in S might suit you, right about your target. You can buy from their mfr direct, but it's about the same price.
    Last edited by .je; 04-07-2018 at 04:05 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bvber View Post
    ^ Are you sure you don't want to tilt up the handlebar little?
    Started riding in the '80s; kind of used to having the drop ends parallel to the ground.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2018
    Hi everyone! I'm probably gonna buy my first Chinese carbon frameset pretty soon and I've been trying to do my homework as best as I can so I don't regret the purchase. Does anyone on here have experience with the Dengfu R03 frame? I can get the frameset for $299 and free shipping, which seems pretty unbeatable.

The R03 is one of Dengfu's older models (I think), but other than that, I can't find anything obviously wrong with it. I know it's not a top of the line frame, but that's okay with me. It's a huge step up from my ancient Trek 1000 (last produced 11 years ago, I believe) and I'm a student on a tight budget.

I would really appreciate all the helpful knowledge and opinions you have to offer. For reference, this frame is very similar to the Canyon Aeroad, and also goes by the name fm268 from a different company. If there's already a discussion about this, please just send me in the right direction. I looked around quite a bit and never found any.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2016
    Hello,

Iím looking for a carbon aero disc thru axle frame around 500$.
    Iíve spotted 2 models but Iím opened to more suggestions with same look (short rear triangle).
    What Iíd like to get is information about those models, are they reliable ? weak features ?
    Then, is there Chinese brand that are better ? others to avoid ?

Thanks for your feedback
    Rgds
    P

Miracle RD525
    https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/Chris...784947731.html

Anglecycle AG348
    2018 T800 CARBON FIBER ENDURANCE ROAD DISC BRAKE BIKE FRAMESET--Angle Sport Equipments CO., LTD.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2017
    Thereís some good feedback on the Yoeleo R6. Itís a little above your price range but Iíve heard nothing but good things on the company and some good reviews on the bike on YouTube.
    https://www.yoeleobike.com/carbon-r6...-frameset.html

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2018
    The ICAN carbon frame and wheelset I bought from China looks good and comes with a solid Shimano Ultegra/105 blend drivetrain.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2018
    Here is my nightmare with chinese carbon wheels. I bought a set on the internet. Watched a guy on the web who gave several names of good sellers of chinese carbon wheels. I tried one this is when the nightmare started. I road them on my usual ride at high speed i could feel something wrong. I finished my ride,and turned my bike up side down. I then turned my pedals at a high speed. Bam! It shook the whole bike. I then put my mavic kysirum pro sls on. Spun the crank,at a high speed. No bad vibration at all. So then i put my chinese wheels back on. Turned the bike over spun the wheels couldnt really see the wheel move to much. Heres my thought vibration while riding can't be good on your frame. I contacted the manufacture of the wheels in china. They make them for several dealers. They told me to contact the seller. I told them you made it,i just want to buy another rear wheel. The front one was great and true. She said they would sell me one for more than i paid. Jerks! . So i looked more closely at the hub while turning the rear wheel. I looked down by where the spokes are mounted to the hub. Non drive side you could see it was out of round. Junk so now i have one good front wheel,and no rear wheel. The sound of the hub doesn't sound right either. So i spent 300 dollars on chinese wheels. My suggestion to you all is go through your wheels,look at wheels inside out look at the hub too. Im going to buy another set when i can aford a good set of carbon wheels. I checked out yoeleo wheels to much for chinese carbon wheels. So buyer beware, if you buy some on line try to pay with pay pal. They will help you get your money back with there guarantee they have. They deal with the seller if you cant agree with them. Good luck !

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2018
    Just got an FM286 frameset from Seraph! Can anyone provide me some insight about the photos below? These are the only flaws I've seen so far.

The first is the head tube, showing some ridges in the carbon on the inside. I'm not too worried about that, but hopefully someone can confirm if it's a non-issue.

Second one is one of the cable routing holes. It looks like it was just punched in roughly and no grommet was installed. Anyone know what I can or should do about that. I'm sure I can find a grommet somewhere, but what about that strange and terrible looking hole?

Chinese Carbon Thread and Ebay direct version 7.0-img_4032.jpgChinese Carbon Thread and Ebay direct version 7.0-img_4062.jpg

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jnichols View Post
    The first is the head tube, showing some ridges in the carbon on the inside. I'm not too worried about that, but hopefully someone can confirm if it's a non-issue.
    My Chinese carbon frame looks like that too. I think it's normal.

Second one is one of the cable routing holes. It looks like it was just punched in roughly and no grommet was installed. Anyone know what I can or should do about that. I'm sure I can find a grommet somewhere, but what about that strange and terrible looking hole?
    That looks like the cable out for front derailleur. It's a nonissue as long as the cable moves freely.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2018
    Send it back asap or they wont take it back. Dont risk your life on something cheap. Save your money for a decent bike frame better yet,buy a used bike or bike frame. Take someone with you. 4 eyes are better than 2 good luck.

.je
    Lizard Person
    If you have a look at this engineer's cut up frame analyses (referenced on this board many times), you'll see that that kind of wrinkling is very common.
    Luescher Teknik

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2016
    Just got an FM286 frameset from Seraph! Can anyone provide me some insight about the photos below? These are the only flaws I've seen so far.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4032.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	322666Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4062.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	322667
    This is absolutely normal. The drilling could of course have been done a bit more pretty, but it's a normal procedure across most (branded) carbon frames. The head tube internals are identical to many big branded frames. Nothing to be worried about at all.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommyroad1 View Post
    Here is my nightmare with chinese carbon wheels.
    This thread is for frames.

Your story about an oval hub makes no sense. But maybe if you post about this in the proper forum (wheels and tires) with some photos or a video someone can make sense of it.

Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4344454647 LastLast