Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 454647
Results 1,151 to 1,173 of 1173
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2012
    Found some similar on aliexpress, but that direct mount rear brake is making it hard to find the exact model.
    That's the longest I've ever ridden without a beer stop.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 92gli View Post
    Not sure. It has 25s in the pic. I have new 28s I'll install soon, no doubt in my mind that they'll fit fine. I think 30s will fit but I can't guarantee it. I'll post clearance pics when I put the 28s on. Fork has tons of room, chainstays are a little tighter.

A riding buddy has a domane with 32s. Next time I ride with her I'll see if she'll let me swap the wheels so I can check.
    Long overdue follow up about the FM079F tire clearance. With 28mm schwalbe pro ones there is only about 3-4mm of clearance on the chainstays and 5mm in the fork. I tried my friend's domane wheels with 32mm bontrager tires this morning and they rubbed the fork and the chainstay.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2017
    Hello to all,
    I'd like your advices for a new carbon frame, I'm looking for a non-branded/Chinese road frame, the features that interested me are:
    - good construction quality
    - good ride quality, I'm looking for an all-rounder with good climbing and descendig quality.
    - tyres clearance up to 30mm or higher
    - direct mount rim brakes
    - seat tube angle 73 or 73.5 (in size 54-55) with standard seatpost

So far, I've found only two frames with this specs:
    the first one is beautiful, but it's seem like a knoc-koff of the Tarmac SL6, is the "Fasterway Classic" I don't find any info about the frame or about the manufacturer
    https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...5fa6434anLTPz0

Chinese Carbon Thread and Ebay direct version 7.0-26804327657_3037079d70_c.jpg

the second one, is the Gotobke B40 aka Winspace SLC 2.0, I've found many pics, it is used by some cycling society, some of wich are semi-pro ..

Chinese Carbon Thread and Ebay direct version 7.0-winspace_slc_2_0_d.jpg

I will appreciate any suggestion you will give to me.
    Thank you in advance.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chinese Carbon Thread and Ebay direct version 7.0-201712092020572800.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2018
    H everybody,

Can someone please help me?!
    Im looking for a Trek Madone SL6 2019 look frame. I have visited Aliepress, Ebay and some chinese wholesales but cant find such a frame.
    Thanks for advance.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Rone69 View Post
    Hello to all,
    I'd like your advices for a new carbon frame, I'm looking for a non-branded/Chinese road frame, the features that interested me are:
    - good construction quality
    - good ride quality, I'm looking for an all-rounder with good climbing and descendig quality.
    - tyres clearance up to 30mm or higher
    - direct mount rim brakes
    - seat tube angle 73 or 73.5 (in size 54-55) with standard seatpost

So far, I've found only two frames with this specs:
    the first one is beautiful, but it's seem like a knoc-koff of the Tarmac SL6, is the "Fasterway Classic" I don't find any info about the frame or about the manufacturer
    https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...5fa6434anLTPz0

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	26804327657_3037079d70_c.jpg 
Views:	3826 
Size:	277.8 KB 
ID:	323996

the second one, is the Gotobke B40 aka Winspace SLC 2.0, I've found many pics, it is used by some cycling society, some of wich are semi-pro ..

Name:	Winspace_SLC_2_0_d.jpg 
Views:	3803 
Size:	162.9 KB 
ID:	323998

I will appreciate any suggestion you will give to me.
    Thank you in advance.

I have not tried any of the frames. But I know that goto is a reputable manufacturer, also producing frames for brands. I am expecting to order one of their disc aero frames soon.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2017
    But Gotobike is a trader or a manufacturer?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2016
    But Gotobike is a trader or a manufacturer?
    Manufacturer.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2012
    Wondering if anyone here has had any experience with Costelo road frames, specifically the Costelo Speedcoupe aero frame like the one linked below. I have a bunch of spare parts laying around, and would like to build up a cheap aero bike. Are they halfway decent? Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Costelo-Spe...frcectupt=true

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2018

Fm-r09 fmr09 r09

Just ordered an FM-R09 ( FMR09 R09 ) for a very low price on eBay after a little haggling. Tideace do the same one painted up but I wanted stealth look. 266 with postage included.

Size 56
    Matte black
    Headset
    PF30 to BSA included

Will post a pictures once it arrives and a link to the seller if allowed once I have checked it over properly. Hope not to get to badly stung for tax but will see.

Got an Ironman in July so hoping to save a few minuets upgrading from alloy chunky GC frame to Carbon aero. will thrash it about on the flats for a few weeks before going on any aggressive descents so I know its solid.

Chinese Carbon Thread and Ebay direct version 7.0-s-l1600.jpg

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by aske View Post
    I have not tried any of the frames. But I know that goto is a reputable manufacturer, also producing frames for brands. I am expecting to order one of their disc aero frames soon.
    Seconded. My first Chinese Carbon open mould frame was from Gotobike - the old Ribble Stealth/R782 frameset. It's still going strong and it's served me well.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2017
    Finally I bought the Fasterway Classic for 490 shipping and tax included, also included a little set of spare parts.
    Chinese Carbon Thread and Ebay direct version 7.0-htb18kscxifrk1rjy0fmq6xhexxay.jpg
    Last edited by Rone69; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:56 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2018
    Have narrowed it down to Dengfu and Workswell for my first Chinese carbon frame.

Prices/geometry are near identical, do folks here have a preference between the two? Which one has a better finish?

I'm also concerned about small chips on the matte finish reaching the carbon - does anyone know what exactly the matte finish is, and if it'd be more protective to have it painted? There have been some pretty underwhelming Workswell paintjob experiences, so leaning towards Dengfu if I decide to get it painted.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2018
    Just an update now its been shipped.

Seller is https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/wokecycle

Ordered 24th Oct.

Couple of days later they put a tracking number on eBay that didn't work. They sold me some excuse about moving factory and needing another week before sending.
    A week later chased again and they they said they have the frames in stock raw and need 3 days to paint it (matte black) and finally 4 days later it was actually shipped.

Might be worth messaging them first to ask them if you do buy one can they ship within a few days so they don't mess you about when you do order.

At some point the EMS tracking code started working on the parcelforce site.

Day 14 EMS collected from factory
    Day 15 Sent to UK
    Day 19 Arrived in UK and passed straight to customs
    Day 21 Customs charges raised.

So today, day 22 i'm hoping it will arrive at a local parcelforce depot and the customs charges letter will be sent out. If I see that on the tracking page apparently I can ring, find out how much and instead of waiting, pay and get it delivered day 23.

Quote Originally Posted by alexss View Post
    Just ordered an FM-R09 ( FMR09 R09 ) for a very low price on eBay after a little haggling. Tideace do the same one painted up but I wanted stealth look. 266 with postage included.

Size 56
    Matte black
    Headset
    PF30 to BSA included

Will post a pictures once it arrives and a link to the seller if allowed once I have checked it over properly. Hope not to get to badly stung for tax but will see.

Got an Ironman in July so hoping to save a few minuets upgrading from alloy chunky GC frame to Carbon aero. will thrash it about on the flats for a few weeks before going on any aggressive descents so I know its solid.

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	324079

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2012

Is this normal??

I bought a Costelo Speedcoupe frameset from Ebay from seller "catelorsports":

https://www.ebay.com/i/123334428759?...r=423733005367

After receiving the frameset, I found the inside of the steerer tube in this condition. The carbon appears to have delaminated around where the steerer widens from 1 1/8" to 1 1/2".

I sent the image to the seller and they are telling me that this condition is normal, and there is no concern regarding the quality of the steerer tube. I currently ride a 2014 Fuji Gran Fondo 1.1C which also has a carbon steerer, and it does not appear the same. Is anyone here noticing this condition in their carbon steerer tubes?

I don't think it is wise for me to use this fork. I've asked the seller for a replacement, but I am getting the runaround.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chinese Carbon Thread and Ebay direct version 7.0-img_5049.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Epic1219 View Post
    I bought a Costelo Speedcoupe frameset from Ebay from seller "catelorsports":

https://www.ebay.com/i/123334428759?...r=423733005367

After receiving the frameset, I found the inside of the steerer tube in this condition. The carbon appears to have delaminated around where the steerer widens from 1 1/8" to 1 1/2".

I sent the image to the seller and they are telling me that this condition is normal, and there is no concern regarding the quality of the steerer tube. I currently ride a 2014 Fuji Gran Fondo 1.1C which also has a carbon steerer, and it does not appear the same. Is anyone here noticing this condition in their carbon steerer tubes?

I don't think it is wise for me to use this fork. I've asked the seller for a replacement, but I am getting the runaround.
    I could be wrong, from what i have found googling there is a process of expanding a pressurised plastic sleeve to push the carbon out against the mould but I don't know if they use moulds for steerer tubes.

It could be a case of the sleeve failing and not pushing it up agains the mould in the first place rather that it delaminating since it should not have been under any stress as yet.

If no-one else come back to you, you don't feel safe and if you have given the seller a genuine chance to resolve and he wont budge then your last option is to open a "not as described" case on ebay. This could work out very expensive for the seller in terms of loss of sale and return postage and he is likely to change his stance...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2012
    I could be wrong, from what i have found googling there is a process of expanding a pressurised plastic sleeve to push the carbon out against the mould but I don't know if they use moulds for steerer tubes.

It could be a case of the sleeve failing and not pushing it up agains the mould in the first place rather that it delaminating since it should not have been under any stress as yet.

If no-one else come back to you, you don't feel safe and if you have given the seller a genuine chance to resolve and he wont budge then your last option is to open a "not as described" case on ebay. This could work out very expensive for the seller in terms of loss of sale and return postage and he is likely to change his stance...
    Thanks Alexss for the insight! Your explanation definitely makes sense. It appears that several layers have separated and are flaking in toward the center of the steerer.

The seller is still communicating, so hopefully they are able to resolve this without having to open a case on EBay. Ill keep the thread updated.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2016
    Alex,

I think you might have been hoodwinked by a drop-shipper who doesn't carry any inventory and just orders from the factory and then ships to you. In fact, the ebay profile you mentioned doesn't seem to sell anything anymore.

I'd advise anyone who wants to buy from the Tideace brand to get it from Haidelibikes account. I've been to their factory in Pingshan, China a couple of times and they are a hardworking, trustworthy bunch who really focus on elevating their product quality.

From what I know, most of the frames they have are stored in an unfinished state. Upon ordering, they will apply their finishing techniques (smoothing, paint, clearcoat) before shipping the bike out. This takes about a week (the coats take time to cure). Still, it helps to ask if they have ready stock they can ship out immediately. I'll also feedback to them that this is an area they can improve in.

Cheers
    QX

Just an update now its been shipped.

Seller is https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/wokecycle

Ordered 24th Oct.

Couple of days later they put a tracking number on eBay that didn't work. They sold me some excuse about moving factory and needing another week before sending.
    A week later chased again and they they said they have the frames in stock raw and need 3 days to paint it (matte black) and finally 4 days later it was actually shipped.

Might be worth messaging them first to ask them if you do buy one can they ship within a few days so they don't mess you about when you do order.

At some point the EMS tracking code started working on the parcelforce site.

Day 14 EMS collected from factory
    Day 15 Sent to UK
    Day 19 Arrived in UK and passed straight to customs
    Day 21 Customs charges raised.

So today, day 22 i'm hoping it will arrive at a local parcelforce depot and the customs charges letter will be sent out. If I see that on the tracking page apparently I can ring, find out how much and instead of waiting, pay and get it delivered day 23.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2017
    Fasterway Classic

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by TimberWolfQX View Post
    Alex,

I think you might have been hoodwinked by a drop-shipper who doesn't carry any inventory and just orders from the factory and then ships to you. In fact, the ebay profile you mentioned doesn't seem to sell anything anymore.

I'd advise anyone who wants to buy from the Tideace brand to get it from Haidelibikes account. I've been to their factory in Pingshan, China a couple of times and they are a hardworking, trustworthy bunch who really focus on elevating their product quality.

From what I know, most of the frames they have are stored in an unfinished state. Upon ordering, they will apply their finishing techniques (smoothing, paint, clearcoat) before shipping the bike out. This takes about a week (the coats take time to cure). Still, it helps to ask if they have ready stock they can ship out immediately. I'll also feedback to them that this is an area they can improve in.

Cheers
    QX
    Well they had a good history of feedback and no-one else would match a price that low. Perhaps I got them into trouble posting the sellers id here who knows, not fussed as long as it landed eventually.

Day 23 Revised Customs charges raised
    Day 23 Released from customs
    Day 24 Received at delivery depot
    Day 24 Awaiting payment of customs charges
    Left it till Monday morning to pay
    Day 25 Delivery scheduled
    Day 26 Delivered

They posted from ShenZhen City Guangdong Province, marked as gift $87
    12 for Parcelforce charge and 30ish Vat.

Quality is great, few very slight blemishes will post pictures as suchlike soon the only thing they didn't do was included the PF30 to BSA adapter. I asked if it was included when ordering and they said it was. They have replied and will send one apparently but I have ordered a rotor PF30 to BSA adapter anyway, known to be a very tight fit and thread together a bit like prixis so should run creak free if I put it in right first time.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2017
    Hi to all,
    I'm happy to introduce you my new chinese bike, it's a Fasterway Classic frame, with Ican FL40 wheelset, yesterday I rode the bike for the first time, I'm so happy, the frame is more reactive and more comfortable than my Fondriest R20, the direct mount are an advantage not trascurable .

Frame:
    Fasterway Classic (seatpost included)
    https://it.aliexpress.com/item/2018-...f5a080291382-1

Wheelset:
    Ican FL40 No Logo
    https://it.icancycling.com/collecti....ay-spoke-1400g

Groupset:
    Ultegra R8000 (direct mount brakes)

Handlebar:
    https://it.aliexpress.com/item/free....39ff4c4dJVIi8g

Stem:
    https://it.aliexpress.com/item/Bicy....39ff4c4dJVIi8g

Bottlecages:
    https://it.aliexpress.com/item/FCFB....39ff4c4dJVIi8g

Saddle:
    Selle Italia Superflow lL3

Pedals:
    Time X-Pro10

speed cadence sensor:
    Sigma R2Duo

Smartphone Mount:
    DIY

Weight 7,0kg (without bottles and smartphone)

Last edited by Rone69; 6 Days Ago at 11:06 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2017
    Wheelset:
    Ican FL40 No Logo
    https://it.icancycling.com/collecti....ay-spoke-1400g

Groupset:
    Ultegra R8000 (direct mount brakes)

Handlebar:
    https://it.aliexpress.com/item/free....39ff4c4dJVIi8g

Stem:
    https://it.aliexpress.com/item/Bicy....39ff4c4dJVIi8g

Bottlecages:
    https://it.aliexpress.com/item/FCFB....39ff4c4dJVIi8g

Saddle:
    Selle Italia Superflow lL3

Pedals:
    Time X-Pro10

speed cadence sensor:
    Sigma R2Duo

Smartphone Mount:
    DIY
    Some of those Ali Express links no longer work.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2017
    Last edited by Rone69; 1 Day Ago at 12:03 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2017
    Today 2nd ride with the new bike, I can confirm all I've writed and I can add that this frame have a good descending quality.

First snow of 18/19 winter

0 Links

Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 454647