Chinese Carbon Thread and Ebay direct version 7.0 - Page 48
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 464748
Results 1,176 to 1,197 of 1197
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2012
    Looking at yingbike frames on eBay. Does anyone have feedback on them? Did a search here but didnít find anything.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2018
    Did you weigh the frame/fork/seatpost? The aliexpress description doesn't give the fork and seatpost weight

Quote Originally Posted by Rone69 View Post
    Hi to all,
    I'm happy to introduce you my new chinese bike, it's a Fasterway Classic frame, with Ican FL40 wheelset, yesterday I rode the bike for the first time, I'm so happy, the frame is more reactive and more comfortable than my Fondriest R20, the direct mount are an advantage not trascurable .

Frame:
    Fasterway Classic (seatpost included)
    https://it.aliexpress.com/item/2018-...f5a080291382-1

Wheelset:
    Ican FL40 No Logo
    https://it.icancycling.com/collecti....ay-spoke-1400g

Groupset:
    Ultegra R8000 (direct mount brakes)

Handlebar:
    https://it.aliexpress.com/item/free....39ff4c4dJVIi8g

Stem:
    https://it.aliexpress.com/item/Bicy....39ff4c4dJVIi8g

Bottlecages:
    https://it.aliexpress.com/item/FCFB....39ff4c4dJVIi8g

Saddle:
    Selle Italia Superflow lL3

Pedals:
    Time X-Pro10

speed cadence sensor:
    Sigma R2Duo

Smartphone Mount:
    DIY

Weight 7,0kg (without bottles and smartphone)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jockstick View Post
    Did you weigh the frame/fork/seatpost? The aliexpress description doesn't give the fork and seatpost weight
    Frame 900gr
    Fork 375gr (uncut)
    Seatpost 186gr

With Ultegra R8000 (mechanical) and Ican FL40 wheels th final weight is 7.0kg without bottles and computer
    Last edited by Rone69; 01-23-2019 at 12:39 AM.

DHT
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2019
    Hi Everyone. New Poster here.

I'm trying to build my first Carbon Disc Frame Road Bike... Don't know if I need AERO or Regular.. I am leaning towards DENGFU. They have only a few disc frames:

R06 Disc
    FM099
    R06 Disc
    R12 Disc

The R12 looks too futuristic and not sure I like the 1-1/2" straight steerer tube... and the integrated handlebar... not sure what i'd have to do to get a proper fit... so I like to stay flexible to swap parts, different stems and handlebars if need be.

On the R06, I'm not sure I like the clamp that holds the seat post. Anyone has had issues with that? And I have a feeling the front axle needs a 15mm x 100mm axle...

I'm not a racer but looks matter to me. Probably I'll go with a matt Black w/Clear coat or maybe Glossy BK with no names.

I'm 60 Male, 168 cm and 88 Kg. With an inseam of 81 cm... My flexibility is 2 out of 5.

My current bike is an allroad BIANCI that's alumimum with 105 Disc groupset. I have repaced the knobby 35mm tires with 28mm Conti's... Now it looks a bit weird with all that space around the top of the fork... and it's heavy -- around 23 Lbs.. (I've got a 11-42T Cassette in the back: Deore XT M8000 using a Wolftooth Road Link to fit it).

Anyway, I'm partial to the FM099 or the R02 Disc; but apart for the many reviews I've seen of the non-disc FM098 and R02 version, there is absolutely nothing on the disc versions anywhere to get some comfort.... ANY opinions/help???? Would to see some finished bikes with these frames... anyone knows what brands they are imitating?

I want to build this new bike with a Shimano R8020 Groupset. I've already ordered a Yoeleo C50 (27mm wide version to use it with a 28mm tires) DB Pro wheel set with Sapim CX and DT Swiss 350 Hubs and 28H custom holes. Also 12x142mm back, and 12x100 Front thru axles. I am hoping to use them on my Bianchi and eventually on the new road bike... So I hope the tires will fit the new frame...

Looking forward to hearing from anyone. Thanks. Any other options welcome.
    IMG_6440.jpg IMG_6285.jpg IMG_6289.jpg
    Last edited by DHT; 01-26-2019 at 05:37 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2018
    Anyone have experience with "Spcycle" aka "Desal Sports Equipment Co., Ltd."? They seem to sell the same frames as BXT and Tideace at a slightly lower price.

I'm looking at this frame in particular https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Smil...1d973c00xAV3VQ

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alexss View Post
    So I finished the build, was a shame I had to use the old chainset its got millage marks but tough nuts the mrs already has a gun to my head.

The only genuine issue I have is that the seat post is undersized but from reading around this can be a common thing for carbon posts and especially aero shaped posts, even with an excessively tightened wedge.

On the first ride out I had to stop twice and lift it back out. I settled on fixing it buy adding a double height and double layer of black PVC insulation tape around the clamp area for the wedge to bite into and also a single height single layer around the bottom which only just slid in to prevent back and forward movement inside the frame pivoting from the clamp point so it cant wiggle its-self down.

I ran the cables through the plastic liner as I didn't want rub on the inside of the frame but the plastic cable guide attached to the bottom bracket was positioned in a way that caused a sharp kink so in the end I had to remove the guide and trim it for the rear mech to function nice and smooth.

Only been out on her twice in less than favourable conditions but I can tell you she is very fast. I upgraded from a relatively standard alloy frame with carbon fork which was not much heavier. The aero lines defiantly work wonders over 20mph.
    How is the frame holding up? I bought the same one (in glossy black) and am anxiously awaiting a shipping notification.
    Don't take anything I say seriously.

.je
    RoadBikeReview Member
    I can't get onto the Long Teng website (ltbikes.com). Anyone know what's going on? Chinese New Year has been over for a while now.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Has anyone tried the integrated flat-bars commonly found on alibaba, Amazon and ebay?

I'm just talking about the common ones that sometimes have the 'TOSEEK' label on them, perhaps other labels, but also can be found with no label. I found the exact 'TOSEEK' brand bar/stem combo that is listed on Amazon on ebay, and that doesn't have any named brand on the carbon fiber for the ebay offering.

This is for an upright gravel-rider, so I'm really, really not worried about the forces up, down, or tree-smacking. What I am looking to do is take off the overly-heavy-duty/just-plain-heavy stem and bars to lighten the old rig up.

My main concern is the clamp area, being CF, and how well it flexes without breaking to hold the 1 1/8" steerer tube.

Attachment 324825

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2013
    I ended up refinishing the forks with white enamel. I then wet sanded the whole frame and buffed it out. Looks like new. Now if the snow would melt.....IMG_1841.jpg

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BassLake View Post
    I ended up refinishing the forks with white enamel. I then wet sanded the whole frame and buffed it out. Looks like new. Now if the snow would melt.....IMG_1841.jpg
    Purdy. If I was in Texas. I'm not so will just say it looks great.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2005
    I really want a Giant TCR Advanced Pro or TCR Advanced SL, but I would consider an unbranded knockoff. Is there an Ebay Direct special that's close?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2006
    I would try a search on AliExpress you are bound to have much better results there opposed to on Ebay, they have tons on high quality frames to choose from with lots of defferent options, I would also review Youtube "Chinese carbon frame" videos from buyers that routinely buy frames from AliExpress and will tell you what to look for and recommend some of the better vendors. Good luck.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2004
    Just bought an OG-EVKIN carbon stem off of eBay. Took a chance on this unknown brand as there is little to no information or reviews on the web. At $32 for a brand new full carbon stem it's hard to beat the price and it was sold by a retailer in the U.S. I must say I'm impressed. The stem looks almost identical to the Enve carbon stems which are $$$ and it came with titanium bolts. Weight is 115 grams for the 100mm. The stem seems solid and well made. I rode with it the first time yesterday and have no complaints.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2010
    Can anyone tell me if they recognize this frame as being a copy of another manufacturer? I am looking for an aero disc frame but don't want a knock off copy and dont want full internal routing. Also has anyone dealt with Lightcarbon before?
    https://www.lightcarbon.com/lightcar...tml#Inquiry-go
    385933fff854a0e3cef91db3ceacad32_medium.jpg

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    I've been following these threads for years. I've been dealing with Alisa at LTBikes and placed an order for a LTK118 with a custom paint job. The XL BSA frame was in stock. I wanted a light frame with a minimum of 600mm stack & 400mm reach, not a whole lot to choose from in that size.

Alisa has been great, very responsive to my questions by email or wechat. She just sent me pics of the frame with a preview of my decals to validate everything. I had been struggling with the design and colors for a couple of days. I've wanted something totally different from my current bike.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dndbenson View Post
    Can anyone tell me if they recognize this frame as being a copy of another manufacturer? I am looking for an aero disc frame but don't want a knock off copy and dont want full internal routing. Also has anyone dealt with Lightcarbon before?
    https://www.lightcarbon.com/lightcar...tml#Inquiry-go
    385933fff854a0e3cef91db3ceacad32_medium.jpg
    Take a look to the Ican A9 it's lighter than the Lightcarbon.

1-1Z1051A357.jpg

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2005
    Can anyone recommend a carbon drop bar from eBay or AliExpress? I'm thinking under $50, and a conventional shape that I can attach my Element Bolt mount to.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2016

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by TiCoyote View Post
    Can anyone recommend a carbon drop bar from eBay or AliExpress? I'm thinking under $50, and a conventional shape that I can attach my Element Bolt mount to.
    I've got about 300-400 miles on BXT carbon drop bars (Ritchey WCS stem). I posted the weight somewhere on this forum when I put them on (components and wrenching I think), under 200g iirc. I showed them to two guys much more experienced than me prior to install, both pulled/twisted on them and didn't notice any excessive flex.
    They have been trouble free, I'm about 180 pounds btw. I think they're still $29 shipped, it took about 2 weeks.
    The only thing that wasn't perfect was that there is a grippier/rougher surface where the levers mount; those spots didn't seem to be right where I wanted my levers, but that's all covered up and doesn't seem to be an issue. I also used the BXT grip tape, but that looks like it's gone up to $10 from $6, - nice tape.
    I'm a regular on the mtbr forum, and one thing I've gathered from comments there is that most carbon bar failures are from over-torquing; I bought one of those 'set' torque keys off amazon for <$20 (the Presta Cycle 4Nm tool), I used carbon assembly paste and 4Nm seems perfectly adequate for road bars in my experience, - I think 6Nm is commonly recommended (I use 3Nm on flat bars for mtb and it's fine on multiple bikes).

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2006
    Chinese Carbon Seraph FM 686 frame20190920_155948.jpg

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2011
    Hey Guys, my second Hong Fu build ever, and i guess my last!

7 Years ago i've ordered a very good frame for a good price so i thought, let's build a new one! But i guess something changed in this company!

First of all the the price are very high compared to my last frame. Ive paid 1.000 US-Dollar for the frame included a customt paint! Ive mailed them my instructions and get and template back! It should be black red gold (german flag)! The result i get at the end was black, orange gold! The paint is way to thick during my build i've pluged a plastic in to hide the holes for the cables and the paint cracked immdiatly in this place.

The so called plastic-cap cost me again 12 dollars, because the sended the wrong one, but you have to pay to their faults.

last but not least the rear hanger was totaly crooked, i couldnt adjust the hanger and i need the a new one. Thanks god i found a dealer here in the EU.

I've paid the frame on the 16.07.2019, shipping was @ 20.08.2019! A frame which was in stock!

I dont know what happend in this company, but i think there are better companys for a better value to buy in future.

But the frame is solid and light!

Guys enjoy the pics!

Total weight with Spinnergys is 6.89 kg

total weight with my tune wheels is 6.60 kg

Best regards Chris

IMG_4488.jpg

IMG_0772.jpg

IMG_E4694.jpg

IMG_4719.jpg

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2009
    TOSEEK Classic Full Carbon Fibre
    I bought those through amazon because I was scared, you know stuff from China may get broken. It was middle of september when I ride them for the first time and I love it. The top edge (where the bowdens come out) fit perfect for my palms... Tested like 20 rides at the end of season, still in one peace

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 464748