Chinese Carbon Thread and Ebay direct version 7.0 - Page 49
Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 474849
Results 1,201 to 1,218 of 1218
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bvber View Post
    There were some posts about it on this forum a few years ago when it came out because it looks so much like Canyon Aeroad frame. Then it dropped off the radar for some reason.
    I asked Hongfu, it only accepts 23c tires max. Maybe that's why!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    Clamp for carbon rail saddle:

I have just purchased a frame from TanTan cycling, which came with a carbon seat post. This has a clamp similar to a Bontrager which is typical for a lot of Chinese carbon posts, with round hole running through the top of the post, which the clamp sits it.

I need to change this clamp to one which can hold oval carbon rails.
    Has anyone been able to find one of these? Tan Tan can't supply me one.
    Thanks.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Is this thread going to get a version 8.0 for year 2020?

.je
    RoadBikeReview Member
    I need to change this clamp to one which can hold oval carbon rails.
    Has anyone been able to find one of these?
    In case you haven't found one yet, I found one here that's OK (click to 'seatposts')
    http://www.flyxii.com/PRODUCTS1?prod...egory=74&brd=1

Or see if this helps
    https://www.aliexpress.com/store/gro...c333057aKKz8E/
    Last edited by .je; 03-17-2020 at 01:25 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member

Cool

I have built a few bikes out of Chinese carbon frames since 2016, some for myself, some sold to fellow experienced riders that I've ridden together for years.
    None of us are currently racing or training for races, only regular group rides 3-4 times a week, all of us have multiple road bikes that we have ridden for multiple years and well aware of the general limitations and quality of Chinese carbon frames purchased from the internet.

Internal cable routing are always PITA, especially in tight spaces between brake levers & stem, frame routing are usually easier since there is more room to work with.

My first Chinese carbon frame build was in 2016, frame purchased on eBay with rebates it cost me less than $300 for the frame/fork/seatpost/BB/headset to be shipped to me. However the seller shipped me the wrong size frame and after 2 months of back & forth on eBay, I was refunded the purchase price by eBay and get to keep the frame.
    I completed the build with misc. parts I have avail. in my basement, complete bike probably less than $1200.

I put about 5-600 miles on it and determined that it was too small for my liking and sold it to a neighbor of mine who has been riding with me on this bike, he has put over 4k miles on the bike since 2017. The usual complaint is the seatpost slipping and front derailleur mount slipping... beyond that the shifting noise with hollow carbon frame, tends to amplify.

My second build was little easier, but cable routing through the handlebar still required much patience.

Completed bike was a very nice ride, comfortable yet efficient, I have put about 3k miles on it since 2018.
    Good enough for under $2k build.
    Similar problems as the previous bike, seatpost slippage & front derailleur slippage.

My third was the replacement frame from the original seller of the wrong sized frame that was shipped to me.
    I received it late in the season 2018, so I have not spent much time working on it, but recently I've put more effort into finishing it.

As before, cable routing through the handlebar still PITA even with much practice.

Also working on a Chinese TT carbon bike.. bought in 2018.. trying to decide whether to go 1x10 or double.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aero & cheap, 17.4 lb. complete bike with test ride pedals.

Last edited by \"none\"; 04-03-2020 at 05:28 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Some progress on my Chinese TT bike,
    brakes are connected:

Still trying to figure out how to put the front derailleur shifter near front brake lever,
    hope to do something similar to this:
    Last edited by \"none\"; 06-21-2020 at 11:11 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Had a first test ride on the cheap Chinese TT bike build with wireless Xshifter.
    Remote wireless shifting works great, I really wanted to fit the cable pull unit inside the frame, but there isn't a large enough opening on the frame to insert the unit into the frame.
    Still finishing up with some adjustments to make to get it dialed in for handlebar, seat positions. Maybe get a longer test ride tomorrow.

Last edited by \"none\"; 06-21-2020 at 11:10 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2013
    I hope it's not windy!
    That bike has a pretty big surface area for the frame, at what point does the amount of surface area start detracting from the aero shape? If your not there it looks like its close, but I'm not an aero expert.
    BANNED

RoadBikeReview Member
    Wind affects on bike handling applies to any aero TT bike with deep aero wheels.

It's how much a riders has practice in windy conditions on particular bike that determines how much the affects would influence the efficiency of the bike during a particular ride.
    The more practice you have, likely you fair better in demanding conditions.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2011
    I have not cycled for about 8 years - and am very much of of the game
    ... but the last frame I bought I never built up and has been sitting there for years and its Mint
    It is a CyclingYong EPS frame ; with seat post ; headset and saddle
    I have no use for it so wondering if anyone is interested ?
    I have not posted pics [its not an unpainted frame] I don't know it we are allowed to sell something like this on here these days ...
    seat post is about 52/53 cm top to centre of BB
    Anyone ?

RoadBikeReview Member
    You'll get better response with pictures..

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2011
    What do you all think the closest open mold frame to this is for gravel/CX? I love the lines on this frame in the grey/beige:
    https://www.novebikes.com/products/nove-race-disc

Grey_Nove_Fully_Built_1024x1024.jpg
    Last edited by Black37; 07-08-2020 at 06:57 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2011

Chinese Colnago EPS Style FrameSet

Hi there ; I am no sure if I can post on here. Please let me know and I will delete it if its not acceptable, but having a garage clear out ; this is unused and been sitting there for several years - its in perfect condition and I would like to sell it ?
    Come with seat post saddle and head set
    IMG_0660 3.jpg
    IMG_0632.jpg

flinty-eyed moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by B12B12 View Post
    Hi there ; I am no sure if I can post on here. Please let me know and I will delete it if its not acceptable, but having a garage clear out ; this is unused and been sitting there for several years - its in perfect condition and I would like to sell it ?
    Come with seat post saddle and head set
    IMG_0660 3.jpg
    IMG_0632.jpg
    Try the free classifieds here as well.
    Dr. Cox: Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    Just saw a video of the new tarmac slc 7, if anybody is able to pinpoint it in Ali express, they are welcome, the new aero additions is going to make it a very popular model I bet.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2020
    Does anyone know of a frame that will take 3wmm tyres and mudguards? Not looking for a gravel frame with loads of clearance, just a proper "winter" road bike. Something similar in "character" to the Cervelo Caledonia?

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 474849