Chinese Carbon Thread and Ebay direct version 7.0 - Page 49
Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 474849
Results 1,201 to 1,206 of 1206
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bvber View Post
    There were some posts about it on this forum a few years ago when it came out because it looks so much like Canyon Aeroad frame. Then it dropped off the radar for some reason.
    I asked Hongfu, it only accepts 23c tires max. Maybe that's why!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    Clamp for carbon rail saddle:

I have just purchased a frame from TanTan cycling, which came with a carbon seat post. This has a clamp similar to a Bontrager which is typical for a lot of Chinese carbon posts, with round hole running through the top of the post, which the clamp sits it.

I need to change this clamp to one which can hold oval carbon rails.
    Has anyone been able to find one of these? Tan Tan can't supply me one.
    Thanks.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Is this thread going to get a version 8.0 for year 2020?

.je
    RoadBikeReview Member
    I need to change this clamp to one which can hold oval carbon rails.
    Has anyone been able to find one of these?
    In case you haven't found one yet, I found one here that's OK (click to 'seatposts')
    http://www.flyxii.com/PRODUCTS1?prod...egory=74&brd=1

Or see if this helps
    https://www.aliexpress.com/store/gro...c333057aKKz8E/
    Last edited by .je; 3 Weeks Ago at 01:25 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member

Cool

I have built a few bikes out of Chinese carbon frames since 2016, some for myself, some sold to fellow experienced riders that I've ridden together for years.
    None of us are currently racing or training for races, only regular group rides 3-4 times a week, all of us have multiple road bikes that we have ridden for multiple years and well aware of the general limitations and quality of Chinese carbon frames purchased from the internet.

Internal cable routing are always PITA, especially in tight spaces between brake levers & stem, frame routing are usually easier since there is more room to work with.

My first Chinese carbon frame build was in 2016, frame purchased on eBay with rebates it cost me less than $300 for the frame/fork/seatpost/BB/headset to be shipped to me. However the seller shipped me the wrong size frame and after 2 months of back & forth on eBay, I was refunded the purchase price by eBay and get to keep the frame.
    I completed the build with misc. parts I have avail. in my basement, complete bike probably less than $1200.

I put about 5-600 miles on it and determined that it was too small for my liking and sold it to a neighbor of mine who has been riding with me on this bike, he has put over 4k miles on the bike since 2017. The usual complaint is the seatpost slipping and front derailleur mount slipping... beyond that the shifting noise with hollow carbon frame, tends to amplify.

My second build was little easier, but cable routing through the handlebar still required much patience.

Completed bike was a very nice ride, comfortable yet efficient, I have put about 3k miles on it since 2018.
    Good enough for under $2k build.
    Similar problems as the previous bike, seatpost slippage & front derailleur slippage.

My third was the replacement frame from the original seller of the wrong sized frame that was shipped to me.
    I received it late in the season 2018, so I have not spent much time working on it, but recently I've put more effort into finishing it.

As before, cable routing through the handlebar still PITA even with much practice.

Also working on a Chinese TT carbon bike.. bought in 2018.. trying to decide whether to go 1x10 or double.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aero & cheap, 17.4 lb. complete bike with test ride pedals.

Last edited by \"none\"; 6 Days Ago at 05:28 PM.

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 474849