Custom fork builder .
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009

Custom fork builder .

Hi , I,m looking for a custom fork builder.
    Some help?
    Thank,s
    Last edited by duboisdeflute; 01-31-2012 at 05:52 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2009
    Carbon or steel?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by duboisdeflute View Post
    Hi , I,m looking for a custome fork builber.
    Some help?
    Thank,s
    I'm assuming custom steel fork?

Waltworks

Geekhouse Bikes

Igleheart

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009
    Yea steel , I want to switch my Marzocchi 66 rc2x to rigid fork , Why , only I,m running my Turner 6pack on the road.
    Another question, just for ask: I don,t want to run another bike , but like it,s just for road,making rigid frame,Off the rear chock and install fix tube from the bottom base of the shock to the top of this, maybe stupid question , but.....
    Many thank,s
    Last edited by duboisdeflute; 01-29-2012 at 01:25 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2006
    Paul Sadoff at Rock Lobster Cycles.

Burnum Upus Quadricepus
    Darned near anyone who builds steel frames can make a steel fork.

The guys at The Framebuilders Collective are among the best. Plus, they all are good enough and have been doing it long enough that they have product liability insurance.

Since you're apparently reforking a mountain bike, I'd suggest starting with Steve Garro at Coconino Cycles.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    Vicious Cycles built my fork for the guys at Indy Fab. I have been riding it for the past four years with no complaints.

Happily absent RBR Member
    Any reason you can't use a stock rigid fork? Just curious what sort of special geometry or features you desire.
    Get a better saddle: www.kontactbike.com

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009
    I need fork with 20mm tru axle for Chris King disk hub , most of the rigid fork don,t have tru axle and posmount 6 for the brake.
    thank,s

your god hates me
    Quote Originally Posted by brucew View Post
    Darned near anyone who builds steel frames can make a steel fork.
    The question isn't "who can make a steel fork?" but "who will make a steel fork?"

Lots of extremely capable framebuilders -- including many of those esteemed folks in The Framebuilders Collective -- don't build forks for frames other than their own.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2012
    where are you based?

Uber Clyde
    Quote Originally Posted by duboisdeflute View Post
    Yea steel , I want to switch my Marzocchi 66 rc2x to rigid fork , Why , only I,m running my Turner 6pack on the road.
    Another question, just for ask: I don,t want to run another bike , but like it,s just for road,making rigid frame,Off the rear chock and install fix tube from the bottom base of the shock to the top of this, maybe stupid question , but.....
    Many thank,s
    I would caution you that removing a rear shock from a suspension bike and fixing it with some form of a stiff rod is not the best idea.
    The bike was designed to move at the pivots to absorb impact.
    Making it 100% rigid can possibly cause the frame to fail.
    I would personally add more air to the rear shock to stiffen it up.
    You may ask why then, do some shocks have a lockout?
    Would that not produce the same effect?
    Answer is no, because even shocks with a hard lockout have a blow off valve that will give under impact.
    Have people successfully done what you want to do?
    Im sure they have.
    The question is whether or not they have caused un seen damage and or stress to the frame.
    Ask the manufacturer whether or not this can safely be done.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009
    Hi, If I do that is only for use on the road , ,no jump , no trail , is for the same use of road bike.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009
    Spain.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontact View Post
    Any reason you can't use a stock rigid fork? Just curious what sort of special geometry or features you desire.
    Stock rigid forks are built to be universally stout. In another words, they'll hold up a 350lbs dude same as 150lbs dude. Thus it will be very heavy (e.g. Surly's). Previous post is right--a custom steel frame builder should be able to make a fork also. Which should be custom designed specifically to your weight and riding style. I have two both for on-road and off-. You'd be very surprised how light the off-road fork is.

Happily absent RBR Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stumonky View Post
    Stock rigid forks are built to be universally stout. In another words, they'll hold up a 350lbs dude same as 150lbs dude. Thus it will be very heavy (e.g. Surly's). Previous post is right--a custom steel frame builder should be able to make a fork also. Which should be custom designed specifically to your weight and riding style. I have two both for on-road and off-. You'd be very surprised how light the off-road fork is.
    Sure, if you're running narrow, high pressure tires. Otherwise it doesn't matter that much if you're talking about an MTB with 1.5" tires.
    Get a better saddle: www.kontactbike.com

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontact View Post
    Sure, if you're running narrow, high pressure tires. Otherwise it doesn't matter that much if you're talking about an MTB with 1.5" tires.
    I disagree, I run 650b Schwalbe Racing Ralph 2.25 tires with a custom Waltworks rigid fork. 20psi in the front and 25psi in the rear. Still the fork and picking good lines on single-track make all the difference. My fork weighs almost as much as a White Brothers Rock Solid carbon fork and its even smoother, I promise. I ran a stock Bianchi rigid fork before and that thing was a tank and would rattle your fillings loose worse than aluminum hard tails.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2006
    quiringcycles.net

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2007
    I'm going to recommend Eric Estlund at Winter Bicycles. Have a look at a new fork he had to build for a touring bike that wasn't standard. He practically designed and built his own forks (most will buy the tubes, crown etc and weld them up).

http://www.winterbicycles.com

rayms
    Sep 2013
    Does anyone build a fork on my tight budget? Please do not reply, you get what you pay for.