decision trek 5.2 madone/ look 585/ cannondale synapse carbon 2

Jul 2006

decision trek 5.2 madone/ look 585/ cannondale synapse carbon 2

I need help in a decision. I have the opportunity to buy a Look 585 with dura ace triple front or compact 34-50, dura ace rear der and the rest ultegra for $3000 (smokin deal) but the ride feels stiff (ps thanks for peoples help on the creaks) I have tried the 5.2 madone and the ride feels so much plusher but the price for just ultegra is over $3400 same ride as the 5.2 with the synapse but $3100 full ultegra with rear dura ace der. I have 12,000 miles on a steel bianchi talladega and do multi-days, century's, and lots of 30-40 mile club rides doing 2000-3000 miles a year. Is the look too good of a deal to pass up? can i do seat/bar/stem adjustments on the look to make it feel more plush? I appreciate all advice thanks.

Lemur-ing
    Hi,
    Sorry I dont know about look bikes but I o know about Madones. I say the madones are really sweet rides, especially the SL and the SSL versions which are really stiff, comfortable and just handle great. The frames are really durable and would serve you for a long, long time. At least then or till you decide to upgrade the bike or get a new bike altogether. The Madones are designed to be stiff to maximize power transfer and not waste energy, aero enough to not hinder you on rides and comfortable enough such that it absorbs minor road vibrations and dampens big ones. Hope that helps.