defective supersix evo frame? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hernluis View Post
    new update.

I as able to take the bike to the shop I bought it at for them to take a look. I spoke to the guy who initially sold it to me and he had the hardest time seeing what the problem was. Totally denied any issue with the bike. Looked at it and was like "yep its the wheel, I can tell totally by looking at it that its not the frame" took the wheel off which was perfectly dished and said it was a little off. He "redished" it and the problem was worse. Completely denied any issue. By this time we were arguing and he was throwing his arms up and was getting really upset. I practically made him take photos and call cannondale. He even said "we are not going to warranty this". He was a total d bag. Every other supersix in the store has perfectly centered rear wheels. he would not even look at another bike. one week later cannondale wants to warranty the frame!!! Eat you words crappy mechanix!!!

I initially bought a 2014 supersix evo racing edition, ultegra
    option 1: replace with a new whole bike 2015 model in red ultegra (does not exist on website)
    option 2: supersix evo frame, team replica color. Year not known and i would pay to switch components over. honesty I would switch components over myself.

what do I do?
    Your problem was arguing with an idiot. After giving him a chance to fix your problem, and he doesn't want to do it, you ask to see his manager. If he is the manager, you ask to see the owner. If he is the owner, you find a new LBS.

GH

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009
    Cannondale probably isn't going to let you pick up the frame and take it home. Not to mention, what if you get into the process of building it and find the same issue?

I'd go with the new complete bike. Then if it's not right when you go to pick it up there won't be any blame placed on you.

fu
    If the replacement frame is a HiMod and brand new, I would go with that option and swap out the components.
    My other chainring is a 39...
    Strava profile

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ph0enix View Post
    If the replacement frame is a HiMod and brand new, I would go with that option and swap out the components.
    I don't get it. Why swap out components for something that is exactly the same? Seems like extra work.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2013
    I had the exact same issue - and discovered it the same way as the OP (going from 23mm tire to 25mm tire) - on an Orbea Onix frame last year. Couple of calls and emails to Orbea USA - and they told me that Orbea (Spain) authorized them to replace my Onix with an Orca B.

I was shocked that they didn't make me go through a dealer.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2018
    Happy trails and Happy Holidays [/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Joe N; 12-11-2018 at 09:47 AM. Reason: hoping for a positive result

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2018
    i will give them more time
    Last edited by Joe N; 12-11-2018 at 09:42 AM. Reason: waiting for claim to be final

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2018
    i will wait and see
    Last edited by Joe N; 12-11-2018 at 09:44 AM. Reason: waiting for claim to be final

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2018
    I feel ur pain , goin thru the same bs

'brifter' is a lame word.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe N View Post
    Contact me to get on a Class Action Suit against Cannondale and there Faulty Carbon Evo pre- 2016 frames.
    Brand new member, 4 posts in a 3.5 yr old thread and zero evidence of your claim. You're gonna be popular here, but not for the reasons you want to be popular.
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2018
    Not looking to win a popularity contest . I am in the middle of the claim ,and will keep that claim # private . This is a defect ,and should be warrantied ,what does that have to do with popular ?

Not looking to win a popularity contest . I am in the middle of the claim ,and will keep that claim # private . This is a defect ,and should be warrantied ,what does that have to do with popular ?
    Then post once stating what you're doing and be done w/ it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2018
    I will post as many times as i like and what i feel needs to be posted . Thanks for your concern.
    Quote Originally Posted by cxwrench View Post
    Then post once stating what you're doing and be done w/ it.

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    I will post as many times as i like and what i feel needs to be posted . Thanks for your concern.
    Spamming will get you banned. Don't do it.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

Normally I don't report this kind of thing but seeing as you probably joined w/ the sole intent of spamming I'm gonna do it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2018
    your a funny guy

your a funny guy
    *You're*

Smart too.

[REDACTED]
    Before you get your panties in a wad, you should read through the entire thread. You will see that Cannondale is good about warranty claims. They want to keep customers. If your shop gives you a hard time, go to a different shop.

Why the 'tude?
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

Quote Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
    Before you get your panties in a wad, you should read through the entire thread. You will see that Cannondale is good about warranty claims. They want to keep customers. If your shop gives you a hard time, go to a different shop.

Why the 'tude?
    I get the feeling he may be on a vacation for a bit.

gazing from the shadows
    Normally I don't report this kind of thing but seeing as you probably joined w/ the sole intent of spamming I'm gonna do it.
    PM Coolhand if you want a response in a timely manner. The bad post button sends an e-mail, and most don't use their main e-mail for that purpose.
    Stout beers under trees, please.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiQuaeQuod View Post
    PM Coolhand if you want a response in a timely manner. The bad post button sends an e-mail, and most don't use their main e-mail for that purpose.
    Joe has been gone for 5 days, I think in this case a mod took care of him. Or he just gave up. The PM is probably the best solution, I agree.

[REDACTED]
    Joe has been gone for 5 days, I think in this case a mod took care of him. Or he just gave up. The PM is probably the best solution, I agree.
    I don't see "banned" under his name, so I'm guessing Joe moved on.

PM idea noted.
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12