Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PontiacHP View Post
    Iíve tried them all. But I ride Mostly on the hoods. sometimes in the drops, not very often on the tops.
    quite a stretch compared to your old bike then? Take a rest, try riding on the tops more which will/should reduce some pressure and stand up on your pedals occasionally to relieve the pressure as well. I think you may have just went too much too soon in a stretched out position and your body is getting used to the change.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwisimon View Post
    quite a stretch compared to your old bike then? Take a rest, try riding on the tops more which will/should reduce some pressure and stand up on your pedals occasionally to relieve the pressure as well. I think you may have just went too much too soon in a stretched out position and your body is getting used to the change.
    Yes the old bike was way more upright than this TCR. Also, Iím not using the saddle of the old bike because its heavily padded and flexes about 1/4-1/2 inch in the middle when I sit on it. Itís a real Cheapo.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2018
    I wasnít able to get a picture of my position on the bike after work tonight. There wasnít anyone around to take the pic. My wife is home tomorrow though, so Iíll try again.

RoadBikeReview Member
    What I'd suggest for the time being and presuming your saddle height is correct is to move your saddle way forward to engage your sit bones more. As you get more and more familiar with riding, slowly and incrementally (I'm think 5mm every two weeks) move the saddle back to the position your fitter recommended. Stay on the tops to reduce weight on your gooch as well. Yes the forward position will compromise performance but it's a short term solution to allow long term enjoyment. Good luck.

RoadBikeReview Member
    What I'd suggest for the time being and presuming your saddle height is correct is to move your saddle way forward to engage your sit bones more. As you get more and more familiar with riding, slowly and incrementally (I'm think 5mm every two weeks) move the saddle back to the position your fitter recommended. Stay on the tops to reduce weight on your gooch as well. Yes the forward position will compromise performance but it's a short term solution to allow long term enjoyment. Good luck.
    Moving your saddle forward could also put extra stress on your knees. As an experiment to see if it impacts the saddle problem, maybe. But I would not recommend this as a long term solution.
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

ďStatistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.Ē -- Aaron Levenstein

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
    Moving your saddle forward could also put extra stress on your knees. As an experiment to see if it impacts the saddle problem, maybe. But I would not recommend this as a long term solution.
    agree. thanks for pointing that out.
    I am still riding on Turbos and similar shaped saddles. Finally tried a new saddle last year and I like it a heap as well. Specialized S Works Power Saddle, shorter nose but plenty of sit bone support. OP is your saddle level, slightly nose up or slightly nose down?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2018
    agree. thanks for pointing that out.
    I am still riding on Turbos and similar shaped saddles. Finally tried a new saddle last year and I like it a heap as well. Specialized S Works Power Saddle, shorter nose but plenty of sit bone support. OP is your saddle level, slightly nose up or slightly nose down?
    Last night I gave your advice a try. Put the stock saddle back on, moved it forward a few mm and pointed it down 3deg. Still sucks. After a 5min ride I had uncomfortable pressure in the perineum and pain in the lower back.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2018
    I wonder if I should try another fitter?

Neophyte
    Have you put the saddle on your cross bike on the road bike? This might help determine how much new position has to do with the discomfort versus shape of road bike saddles that you've tried so far. Also have you tried lowering the seatpost just a tad?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdog9 View Post
    Have you put the saddle on your cross bike on the road bike? This might help determine how much new position has to do with the discomfort versus shape of road bike saddles that you've tried so far. Also have you tried lowering the seatpost just a tad?
    I havenít tried the saddle off the old bike. I just dismissed it as itís so big and soft. Also really cheap plastic with an extreme amount of flex. But I think you might be on to something with just trying it for comparison of position. Iíll try it today after work. Thanks for the idea!

pmf
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by PontiacHP View Post
    I havenít tried the saddle off the old bike. I just dismissed it as itís so big and soft. Also really cheap plastic with an extreme amount of flex. But I think you might be on to something with just trying it for comparison of position. Iíll try it today after work. Thanks for the idea!
    Yeah, it might be the position that road bikes have compared to hybrids that you're not used to. If true, a new saddle isn't the solution -- more time riding the bike is.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234