Fezzari Empire

Thread: Fezzari Empire

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2014

Fezzari Empire

looks tempting, anyone got one and can share some impressions?

'brifter' is a lame word.
    Built one of their frames up for a woman that was on a pro team they sponsored. I have absolutely nothing good to say about them. Neither does she.
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2014
    care to elaborate more?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2014
    I've got a La Sal Peak, one of their mountain bikes. Accordingly, I can't comment on the Empire, but my experience with the company is good, the CEO even helped my with fitting and build. Frame quality is high and aside from their listed builds, they'll swap out pretty much any component if they can source it, at least on the mtb side of things. They're not a big company, and they used to produce copycat junk in years past, but no longer. I haven't had any issues, but on mtbr, customer service experiences have been positive.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2014
    thanks, i too know the company mainly through mountain bikes and understand the company is pretty solid. i was mostly looking for someones input on this particular bike as it seems fairly new.

'brifter' is a lame word.
    Quote Originally Posted by brankulo View Post
    care to elaborate more?
    It was 4-5 years ago and the frame was cheap, no-engineering-involved chinese crap. Sounds like things might have changed but most small companies like this can't afford to have engineers that really know what they're doing and can actually design something that's better than what you pick out of a chinese/taiwanese factory catalog. The big factories have what amounts to a big ass catalog w/ frames, forks, brakes, stems, bars, headsets, and saddles that you can put your logo on and market any way your want. I really doubt that Fezzari (Jesus...who came up w/ that name anyway?) has any employees that do what happens at Trek, Specialized, Giant or any big bike company. The design, engineering, and testing that happens at these companies is no joke.
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

Banned Sock Puppet
    A full Ultegra 8000 bike for $2,800? Something tells me to run far away or get good dental insurance before riding this one.
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    a friend bought a Fezzari mtb bike about 9 years ago, and he's still riding it!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2015
    The Empire is different because it is a one mold carbon bike and not molded together like other bikes.

I bought a Fezzari CR3 two in a half years ago with DI2 and I can't say enough good things about it. Great frame, very comfortable, and they have great service.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2020
    a friend bought a Fezzari mtb bike about 9 years ago, and he's still riding it! ---- wow, that is incredible!
    I think that this bike is really worthy inspite of its age

Banned Sock Puppet
    Quote Originally Posted by aclinjury View Post
    a friend bought a Fezzari mtb bike about 9 years ago, and he's still riding it!
    And what does this prove? How many times did he ride it in 9 years? Just sayin'.
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein