frame sizing for 187cm ridder
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2007

frame sizing for 187cm ridder

Good day all,

I had very old ~2006 Original Pinarello Paris frame which I broke.
    Size of the frame was ~58cm.

I do not have much money checked some frames from china and found some nice frames there.

But max size of the frame is 55cm.

Will it fit to me im 187cm ridder?

Thanks in advance.

//Nikolaj

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    Probably not but there is more to frame sizing than the number assigned to it by the maker so it's impossible to say.

For example, I'm 5' 8" and the frame that fits me perfectly (custom frame so right one the nose) is called a 51. Lots of people my height are perfect on a 54 as was I on a 54 that has different geometry than my 51.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Aliexpress and alibaba sell a load of different frames so keep looking,
    for example this one has size 59
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...chweb201603_53

Never Give Up!
    First thing you need to know... All frames are not created equal, as well as sizing.
    I'm 5'.6" and was comfortably fitted on Scott 54" where on Obrea I'm fitted to a 51".

You best bet is reach out to MFG's and discuss your options directly
    "I refuse to be afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday & I love today!!"

"There are only two ways to establish competitive advantage: do things better than others or do them differently."

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there."

2010 Orbea Onix w/Ultegra R8000
    2009 SCOTT Speedster w/Ultegra 6800
    2007 IRONHORSE HT

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2007
    Im thinking of taking chinarello F10 for ~400 EUR, there are all sizes will take 57.5 like my original Paris is, never tried china carbon frames, im interested are they much worse than original?

Just that guy had chinarello f8 55 for ~320 EUR, but if it does not fit than I better pay 80 EUR extra.

I saw some F12 going around, but its very expensive even in china ~640 eur with handlebars.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pRoto View Post
    Good day all,

I had very old ~2006 Original Pinarello Paris frame which I broke.
    Size of the frame was ~58cm.

I do not have much money checked some frames from china and found some nice frames there.

But max size of the frame is 55cm.

Will it fit to me im 187cm ridder?

Thanks in advance.

//Nikolaj
    Today number which is stated as frame size means nothing. It can mean anything and every producer has its own system of sizing.
    You should check and compare reach, stack and seat tube angle....this will give you real idea about size.
    Chainstay length, headtube angle and fork are important for riding characteristics.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Ante Smokrovic

2009 De Rosa Neo Pro - Fedaia, Giau, Pordoi, Sella, Gardena, Campalongo, Falzarego, Valparola, San Pellegrino, Valles, Staulanza, Vršič, Mangart, Furcia...

2003 De Rosa Team - Stelvio, Gavia, Mortirolo, Bonette, Agnel, Izoard, Fedaia, Giau, Pordoi, San Pellegrino, Staulanza, Manghen, Vršič, Učka, Mangart, Biokovo, Eisentalhöhe, Schonfeld, Schiestelscharte, Flattnitz...

Banned Sock Puppet
    Quote Originally Posted by pRoto View Post
    Im thinking of taking chinarello F10 for ~400 EUR, there are all sizes will take 57.5 like my original Paris is, never tried china carbon frames, im interested are they much worse than original?
    Personally, I would not touch them. These small upstart companies simply don't have the resources for the extensive engineering and testing that frames from well known companies have. It isn't like buying a cheap toy. A bike is something that can severely injure or kill you if the frame fails.

As far as frame sizing, there are too many variables to recommend a size and it doesn't help that the same size from different brands can be quite different. In general, I'm 177cm tall and take a 56cm frame.
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Chinese frames today are much better off than compared to even 5 years ago. HongFu make very good frames now, and I'd say they're on par with all mid-level bikes from the big names like Specialized, Cdale, Cervelo. I would not hesitate to buy a HongFu frame today, at all.

A step up from HongFu is Yoeleo.

RoadBikeReview Member
    You need a 58 cm frame......+/- 1 cm.