Giant Defy Advanced 2

May 2009

Giant Defy Advanced 2

Let's throw this into the mix. Have not tried it yet, but would like feedback from anyone that has it or has tried. In the mix are the Synapse's(3/5), and the Trek's(4.7/5.2, but these may be too much???)
    Wondering what kind of discount to expect with the Giant?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2004
    The Giant has great reviews, but don't expect any discounts on this, the bikes first year of existence.
    With people like Peter P. around, I am done posting on this website. Mean people have driven me off after 9 plus years. Good luck newbies beware.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    I test road one yesterday and have to say that I wasn't all that impressed. Seemed like a generic carbon frame. Again just a quick test ride and we didn't have the bike dialed in as well as I would like from a fit perspective, but I was expecting more.

May 2009

Might try to ride this afternooon at Giant dealer....Liked the feel of the Synapse 5, but he had no synapse carbon 3 to try. Just don't want to buy the 5 and then regret not getting the 3
    good prices I think???
    $1600 for carbon synapse 5
    and he said would give me the Carbon synapse 3 for $2700(think i could get for $2650
    Then which is the better value for the buck?
    George
    will see price of Giant too

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    buzzy and sluggish...but hey that is just me...lol

Banknote
    Jun 2009

Cool Have you tried the GIANT DEFY ADV 2?

Quote Originally Posted by geoss
    Might try to ride this afternooon at Giant dealer....Liked the feel of the Synapse 5, but he had no synapse carbon 3 to try. Just don't want to buy the 5 and then regret not getting the 3
    good prices I think???
    $1600 for carbon synapse 5
    and he said would give me the Carbon synapse 3 for $2700(think i could get for $2650
    Then which is the better value for the buck?
    George
    will see price of Giant too
    I going to buy it on the next week, but its interesting - will be that the best choice?
    Do you have any comments about your test riding of giant's bike?

Constantine.

Jul 2009
    I ended up just getting the Giant Defy 2. I had narrowed down to the Giant, and Trek. After riding each the Giant just felt better, and smoother and on top of that it was cheaper...
    To each is own though...go and test everything and whatever you feel is the best thats the one for you.