I bought my sweetie a bike today ..
    toomanybikes

I bought my sweetie a bike today ..

My wife actually said she wanted a new bike, got of her old MTB which she really didn't ride

Something much lighter, more versatile

And she likes it.

Triple chainring, 8 speed rear , disc brakes, two bottle braze-ons, attachments for racks and fenders front and back.

And Cheap ($$ wise)

Konas are pretty darn good value.

Nice and light and my wife is happy.

Buying bikes for your family is fun.
    Last edited by toomanybikes; 02-17-2010 at 09:44 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2006
    Nice little bike!

We sell a lot of the similar Trek hybrids as they are just the "right bike" for a lot of people.

Go out, get some exercise, have some fun, cruise around with the kids, schlepp down to Starbucks (no endorsement intended), maybe commute a bit.

Neat!!

toomanybikes
    Yep, putter around with the kids and what not, exactly what she wants

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Nice little bike!

We sell a lot of the similar Trek hybrids as they are just the "right bike" for a lot of people.

Go out, get some exercise, have some fun, cruise around with the kids, schlepp down to Starbucks (no endorsement intended), maybe commute a bit.

Neat!!

Yo no fui.
    Nice ride, I hope it plays well with the Merckxs.
    "It is better to conquer yourself, than to win a thousand battles." -Dhammapada

"Fact is only what you believe; fact and fiction work as a team." Jack Johnson

"A true cyclist sometimes has to bite the dust before he can reach the stars.” Laurent Fignon

toomanybikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo
    Nice ride, I hope it plays well with the Merckxs.
    It seems to have developed a bit of a thing for the De Rosa, those hot blooded latin types don't you know ...................

Yo no fui.
    Quote Originally Posted by toomanybikes
    It seems to have developed a bit of a thing for the De Rosa, those hot blooded latin types don't you know ...................
    A Hawaiian and an Italian . . . sounds steamy.
    "It is better to conquer yourself, than to win a thousand battles." -Dhammapada

"Fact is only what you believe; fact and fiction work as a team." Jack Johnson

"A true cyclist sometimes has to bite the dust before he can reach the stars.” Laurent Fignon

No team-cest unless 8+!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Nice little bike!

Neat!!
    +1!

Those fast-hybrid types are totally underrated.

Knives, Guns, and Booze
    Either that’s a teeny tiny frame, or those wheels are larger than 26"—which is it?

toomanybikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker
    Either that’s a teeny tiny frame, or those wheels are larger than 26"—which is it?
    It's a small frame - a 49.

The wheels are 700's.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Very nice and excellent choice on your part! That's the Dr. Dew, correct? One thing I like about this model is they omitted the frivolous stuff like a crappy suspension fork and seatpost. Not really needed for road oriented hybrids plus it only adds weight and complexity.

BTW, Dirt Rag magazine tested a Dr. Dew awhile back (even had the same frame size!). Here is the link if you're interested:

Dr. Dew Review

Paul

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo
    A Hawaiian and an Italian . . . sounds steamy.
    Konas aren't hawaiian, despite the name. Originally built in BC, operations moved to Washington state years ago and pretty much all of their bikes are made in Asia.

But.... one can certainly understand having thing for the hot blooded italian
    As I grow older I will remember the first light on the water, my will to win, the strength of my arms and the power of the crew.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2007
    I believe that it actually the Dew Plus, essentially a Dew with added disc brakes. Konas definitely deserve a look at their asphalt-oriented stuff for sure...

Nice ride!