I can't believe I bought another bike
    RoadBikeReview Member

I can't believe I bought another bike

What the heck is wrong with me. Yesterday I saw a picture of JoeDaddio's Bianchi which reminded me I had been looking for an old Bianchi for a while, but hadn't found anything in my size. So I search ebay for Bianchi 51 and low and behold one bike. I just won the freaking bike. I need another bike like a whole in my head.

Well here is the picture of the bike $167.50 did I do good or did I let my desire get the better of me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

toomanybikes
    Mucho Cool!

( but look who's telling you that!! )

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2005
    Nice bike, great deal, congrats, pat yourself on the back!

b21

n00bsauce
    For that price anything that's not covered in rust is a great deal! Shipping will be 1/3rd the cost of the whole bike. Yikes!

This said by a person who put in a lowball bid for a new carbon bike and never expected to get it. Went on a weekend vacation and returned to find I'd won it. Now how to explain it to the wife. While I got a great deal and did want the bike, I was surprised and unprepared. Very glad I got it but the wife was none too pleased. I'm in the process of selling two of the nine bikes I have to pay for the dang thing!
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

There are your fog people & your sun people, he said. I said I wasn't sure which kind I was. He nodded. Fog'll do that to you, he said.

"We are all ignorant about most things."
    Mel Erickson

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007
    Dang, Not bad at all..... For that price you didn't "buy" another bike....

Nice Job;

Jim

RoadBikeReview Member
    Toomanybikes, "Mucho Cool!" means a lot coming from you with your incredible bike collection.

That is my 3rd bike in 2 months, but I just fell in love with it. It does look like it has a little bit of rust but nothing bad, will see when it comes in. I am already thinking about getting her repainted and getting new decals. Just got to figure out where I am going to keep all the bikes.

It came out to $227.50 with shipping not bad and worse comes to worse I just do with 3 weeks less of physical therapy.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Plank
    Toomanybikes, "Mucho Cool!" means a lot coming from you with your incredible bike collection.

That is my 3rd bike in 2 months, but I just fell in love with it. It does look like it has a little bit of rust but nothing bad, will see when it comes in. I am already thinking about getting her repainted and getting new decals. Just got to figure out where I am going to keep all the bikes.

It came out to $227.50 with shipping not bad and worse comes to worse I just do with 3 weeks less of physical therapy.
    Looks like entry level Bianchi, would not think its worth more than fifty dollars..........but I am a Bianchi snob

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridgestone
    Looks like entry level Bianchi, would not think its worth more than fifty dollars..........but I am a Bianchi snob
    I always say, It's only worth what someone is willing to pay, you can probably find more people willing to pay $150+ for it so you will probably be able to get your money back if you decide to sell.

But to the point of the bike, that bike will make a heck of a commuter, Plus+ with those horizontal dropouts you can make it a fixie.

Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
    That's the kind of bike I've bid on several times, and every time I've come to regret it before the auction even ends--there's invariably something I didn't notice at first that makes me not want it. So far, I've been lucky and always gotten outbid. I guess my subconscious knows enough to really lowball a dubious choice.

That's not to say this won't be right for you, but it sounds a little like you're having the kind of remorse I usually have when I've bid on a marginal bike.

Whether it was a good deal all depends on what you want it for.

It's not much of a roadbike, I'd say--nothing I'd bother building up with classic gear (or even modern stuff). But if you wanted something to just make rideable and put racks and fenders on, for a commuter/grocery getter, you got a good choice. Likewise if you wanted to build a single/fixie, it's probably a decent platform.
    "jazz gives you large testicles"--aliensporebomb

RoadBikeReview Member
    The bike is intended for riding around the neighborhood. Turning it into single/fixie is a possibility I do want a single speed so that is doable. Of course that could be an excuse for bike 6 next year.

The money really doesn't bother me, I can easily spend that on dinner. It just this is my third bike in 2 months, and I can't even ride a bike for another month.

I personally like the bike it puts a smile on my face when I see it. I will probably spend some more money on getting it to look like I want but that is half the fun.

Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
    Quote Originally Posted by Plank
    The bike is intended for riding around the neighborhood. Turning it into single/fixie is a possibility I do want a single speed so that is doable. Of course that could be an excuse for bike 6 next year.

The money really doesn't bother me, I can easily spend that on dinner. It just this is my third bike in 2 months, and I can't even ride a bike for another month.

I personally like the bike it puts a smile on my face when I see it. I will probably spend some more money on getting it to look like I want but that is half the fun.
    If you're happy with it, then you've got all you need out of it already.
    "jazz gives you large testicles"--aliensporebomb