I know it's a mountain bike...
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    'brifter' is a lame word.
    Reputation: cxwrench's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    14,744

    I know it's a mountain bike...

    But this bike rips. That is all.
    Trek Fuel EX 9.8.



    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

  2. #2
    Schuylkill Trail Bum
    Reputation: SPlKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,809
    In other words, Trek makes good bikes.

    Noted for future reference.

  3. #3
    'brifter' is a lame word.
    Reputation: cxwrench's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    14,744
    This one is definitely good.
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

  4. #4
    Neophyte
    Reputation: jetdog9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,871
    cxwrench, you can't get mad at people for posting in the wrong sub-forum and then post in the wrong forum! 😋

    How long do those tiny 1x MTB chainrings last?

  5. #5
    'brifter' is a lame word.
    Reputation: cxwrench's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    14,744
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdog9 View Post
    cxwrench, you can't get mad at people for posting in the wrong sub-forum and then post in the wrong forum! 😋

    How long do those tiny 1x MTB chainrings last?
    Hard to say, they're supposed to hold up pretty well, as usual it's dependent on how much the chain wears. They're somewhat thicker than standard rings, and the tooth profile is definitely different. Hopefully I ride it enough to see how that goes.
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

  6. #6
    Schuylkill Trail Bum
    Reputation: SPlKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,809
    Quote Originally Posted by cxwrench View Post
    Hard to say, they're supposed to hold up pretty well, as usual it's dependent on how much the chain wears. They're somewhat thicker than standard rings, and the tooth profile is definitely different. Hopefully I ride it enough to see how that goes.
    If you need more clearance for the chainring, some sandpaper and a rasp file are your friends.

  7. #7
    What the what???
    Reputation: Opus51569's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    11,125
    You just got it because it matches the car... you're not fooling us.

    Nice 1up rack, btw. One of those products where you really get what you pay for.
    Given his penchant for nicknames, and his aversion to reading, I've decided to shorten Donald J. Trump to it's essence: Dump*

  8. #8
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,812
    Quote Originally Posted by Opus51569 View Post
    You just got it because it matches the car... you're not fooling us.

    Nice 1up rack, btw. One of those products where you really get what you pay for.
    And as usual, per bicycle owner requirements, it's more expensive than the car

  9. #9
    'brifter' is a lame word.
    Reputation: cxwrench's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    14,744
    Quote Originally Posted by SPlKE View Post
    If you need more clearance for the chainring, some sandpaper and a rasp file are your friends.


    Quote Originally Posted by Opus51569 View Post
    You just got it because it matches the car... you're not fooling us.

    Nice 1up rack, btw. One of those products where you really get what you pay for.
    I have this crazy plan to take the rack apart and paint most of the pieces the same color as the car. I've managed to find some really good spray paint that is a match.
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

  10. #10
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,812
    Quote Originally Posted by cxwrench View Post




    I have this crazy plan to take the rack apart and paint most of the pieces the same color as the car. I've managed to find some really good spray paint that is a match.
    I have had good experience with these guys. https://www.automotivetouchup.com/auto_paint.asp

    They provide rattle cans of matched paint by your vehicle, using really nice rattle can supplies, not the typical crappy spray patterns you get from generic rattle can paint.

  11. #11
    'brifter' is a lame word.
    Reputation: cxwrench's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    14,744
    Quote Originally Posted by SPlKE View Post
    If you need more clearance for the chainring, some sandpaper and a rasp file are your friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Opus51569 View Post
    You just got it because it matches the car... you're not fooling us.

    Nice 1up rack, btw. One of those products where you really get what you pay for.
    Quote Originally Posted by ljvb View Post
    I have had good experience with these guys. https://www.automotivetouchup.com/auto_paint.asp

    They provide rattle cans of matched paint by your vehicle, using really nice rattle can supplies, not the typical crappy spray patterns you get from generic rattle can paint.
    Thanks for the tip! I'll check them out. I was looking at R&E Paint supply, they have rattle cans too.
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

  12. #12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,371
    this is a 27.5"?
    what's the front and rear travel?

  13. #13
    'brifter' is a lame word.
    Reputation: cxwrench's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    14,744
    Quote Originally Posted by aclinjury View Post
    this is a 27.5"?
    what's the front and rear travel?
    Nope, 29er. 140mm front, 130mm rear.
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

  14. #14
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,371
    Quote Originally Posted by cxwrench View Post
    Nope, 29er. 140mm front, 130mm rear.
    that's a sweet ride man, looks like a good suspension travel for most trails out there.
    I'm eyeing the Supercaliber but I'm debating what the Supercaliber can do that I already can't with a Giant XTC hardtail

  15. #15
    'brifter' is a lame word.
    Reputation: cxwrench's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    14,744
    Quote Originally Posted by aclinjury View Post
    that's a sweet ride man, looks like a good suspension travel for most trails out there.
    I'm eyeing the Supercaliber but I'm debating what the Supercaliber can do that I already can't with a Giant XTC hardtail
    I've really only been able to ride the SuperCal in the parking lot but it feels pretty much like a hardtail. I don't think it would be fun to ride here...might be great on a NICA course or at Seat Otter but I'd rather have more suspension. I think the new '20 Top Fuel will be a blast as well, 120mm front, 115mm rear. It's kinda like last years Fuel EX.
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

  16. #16
    Banned Sock Puppet
    Reputation: Lombard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10,569
    It's red, so it must be fast!
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

    “Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-16-2016, 12:55 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-14-2012, 06:29 PM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-20-2011, 08:25 AM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-29-2007, 11:55 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-22-2006, 10:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.