I need a replacement derailleur hanger...please help!!
    RoadBikeReview Member

I need a replacement derailleur hanger...please help!!

Hi, the derailleur hanger on my 2008 Pedalforce ZX3 is bent and as a hair line crack. I contact pedalforce to buy a replacement and guess what, this hanger is OUT OF STOCK and they did not gave me any info about when or if they will restock this item. I asked them if a replacement was available elsewhere and they refered me to derailleurhanger.com. I check the website and as I tought, Pedalforce was not listed as one of there bike manufacturer. One of the hanger made by wheels mfg # 61 look pretty similar(actually, it's the only on that look close to mine). So I ordered it (from PBK, it was the cheapest) and it doesn't fit. The general shape is the same but it doesn't fit on the frame and the hanger is countersunk and have no treads (the original have treads and the countersink are on the frame). I also tried to machined it a little but it's a no fit.

So now, I know a few manufacturer, Marin with the stelvio and Fezzari who use the exact same ZX3 frame...would they be able to provide a replacement and will it fit? I'm really clueless here, I cannot beleive I cannot use my bike because the hanger is unavailable...

Here's a couple of pics of my hanger:

And a link to the wheels MFG #61 hanger:
    https://wheelsmfg.com/content/view/643/27/

duh...
    derailleurhanger.com?

Quote Originally Posted by mikagsd
    Fat tire Fred....you are the bike god of the universe and unless someone agrees with your reasoning they are just plain stupid

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2002

Is Google down?

Quote Originally Posted by emartin
    Hi, the derailleur hanger on my 2008 Pedalforce ZX3 is bent and as a hair line crack. I contact pedalforce to buy a replacement and guess what, this hanger is OUT OF STOCK and they did not gave me any info about when or if they will restock this item. I asked them if a replacement was available elsewhere and they refered me to derailleurhanger.com. I check the website and as I tought, Pedalforce was not listed as one of there bike manufacturer. One of the hanger made by wheels mfg # 61 look pretty similar(actually, it's the only on that look close to mine). So I ordered it (from PBK, it was the cheapest) and it doesn't fit. The general shape is the same but it doesn't fit on the frame and the hanger is countersunk and have no treads (the original have treads and the countersink are on the frame). I also tried to machined it a little but it's a no fit.

So now, I know a few manufacturer, Marin with the stelvio and Fezzari who use the exact same ZX3 frame...would they be able to provide a replacement and will it fit? I'm really clueless here, I cannot beleive I cannot use my bike because the hanger is unavailable...

Here's a couple of pics of my hanger:

And a link to the wheels MFG #61 hanger:
    https://wheelsmfg.com/content/view/643/27/
    If you type "replacement derailleur hanger" into Google, you get 50,000 hits. The first hit is derailleurhanger.com . You might look there

RoadBikeReview Member
    Thanks but I did take look there. I ordered from PBK simply because it was cheaper for me. Now, upon furter research,THISlook maybe like the one I need ( it is treaded, a detail I did not look before I ordered the first one).

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2006
    If you're smart, you'll order yourself a spare, too. Anyone who owns a bike with a replaceable derailleur hanger should keep one on hand to avoid the very common experience you are having.

RoadBikeReview Member
    After searching on derailleur.com and on wheels mfg website, the hanger that look closer to mine is also used on Argon 18 and Rockymountain bike. So I went to a lbs who carry those brands and was lucky. He had one in stock (that came from Argon 18), I bought it and of course I order another one...