Look 695 Di2 or Colnago C59 Di2?
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2008

Cool Look 695 Di2 or Colnago C59 Di2?

Folks,

Soliciting opinions on my situation. Ive got a Look 695 Di2 SR on order but im growing impatient as it seems as if the wait could be until April 2011. Ive got an opportunity to halt the wait and grab a Colnago C59 Di2 now so i want to know your thoughts. Grab the Colnago or wait on the 695? Price is about the same and colors are both matte black.

Thanks for taking the time.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Have you seen the 695? Of course you have which is why you ordered it. Wait until April.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2008
    Actually I haven't but ive read a ton about it and talked to some fairly knowledgeable people that have and they have ADAMANTLY professed the greatness of the bike and its integrated approach.

The only thing I'm a bit hesitant about is Look's ISP and of course the continued wait. I could get a non-Di2 frame but I really want to go with the Di2 group and want it integrated nicely into the frame rather than revealing all the wires.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 02-08-2011 at 06:38 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2008
    You are paying how much for a bike you have never ridden or seen in person?
    Embrace the fact that everyone on these forums has their own unique desires, needs, experiences and environment so what works for you may not work for others.

Sooper Dooper Moderator!
    If you like a quicker handling bike, get the Look. If you like a bike with composed handling, get the Colnago. They are both fantastic bikes.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009
    The differences in geometry and if one would be better than the other for your body should probably be your first consideration.

That integrated stuff on the Look simply ain't for me. I'd imagine it works fine but I'd rather not be one of the early users that verifies it work or shows it doesn't for fear of having an issue with the crank, stem or headset and not being able to go to just about any bike shop and have it fixed right away. I'm not trying to be a fear monger about something I don't know much about but perhaps that's something to consider when comparing to a more traditional set up.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2008
    Thanks to everyone that posted their thoughts. I'm still kicking the idea around in my head but I'm leaning towards waiting it out and getting the Look 695.

What the what???
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus_XXIV
    You are paying how much for a bike you have never ridden or seen in person?
    Don't you know it's gauche to talk $$$ when it comes to bike purchases???

BTW, I'm guessing close to $10K...
    The Law of Headwinds states: If the ride out is easy you better leave something in the tank for the turn...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank Stamper
    The differences in geometry and if one would be better than the other for your body should probably be your first consideration.
    I agree

Sooper Dooper Moderator!
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    Thanks to everyone that posted their thoughts. I'm still kicking the idea around in my head but I'm leaning towards waiting it out and getting the Look 695.
    Be sure to post some pics when you get it.

BIKE GEEK
    Either one will be fantastic I am sure! Some really interesting stuff on that Look!
    -Tyler
    --2010 Trek 69er 3X9
    --2011 Masi Gran Criterium
    --2011 Blue Norcross SP
    --2014 Salsa Mukluk

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2008
    I decided to stick with my order on the Look 695. Thx for the responses.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2008
    Good decsion on the 695 - i have one and its Fantastic - I also have the 595 and they are completely different beasts..the 695 is fast!!!! and steering amazing (sort of like - point and shoot- if its makes sense.)
    This bike is way ahead of its competitors in terms of integration - the fact that you can swap chain tooth from compact to non compact without changing cranks, adjust stem length from 100mm-130, and crank lengths from 170mm-175 speaks volumes .. Look have always been pioneers .. and it wouldnt surprise me if others soon follow.