Louis Garneau Road Bikes
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

Louis Garneau Road Bikes

Has anyone tried the 2005 Louis Garneau carbon road bikes...6.3 frame or the 6.1...

Apr 2003
    I'm curious too as I tripped over them a while ago....

"I recommend that the Statue of Liberty be supplemented by a Statue of Responsibility on the west coast" (Viktor E. Frankl).

RoadBikeReview Member
    Somewhere down the line the math went wrong...

Aug 2003

Check out this review...

Today cyclingnews.com listed a review of the Jittery Joe's squad bike. Its under the latest tech section. Sharp, I would would consider it but then I've got to be different. I sick of riding in a sea of Treks!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2002

well

I was told they are crap. A LBS told me there is a book that is/was floating around handed out in Vegas full of designs of bike frames. You pick one and send them the graphics and they build it in Asia. No quality control or anything......just info I received and I guess LG did this for cost effectivness

Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by CARBON110
    I was told they are crap. A LBS told me there is a book that is/was floating around handed out in Vegas full of designs of bike frames. You pick one and send them the graphics and they build it in Asia. No quality control or anything......just info I received and I guess LG did this for cost effectivness
    it seems that everyone that rides them, speaks highly of the frame. i can't remember where i read it, but the jittery joe's team was absolutely glowing about them.

as for being made in asia, that's not really a negative thing anymore if it's even true. the majority of carbon framesets are made in asia, along with your tv, shoes, and everything else.
    The future will not belong to those who sit on the sidelines. The future will not belong to the cynics. The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. ~ Sen. Paul Wellstone

Aug 2003

So are Treks and Cannondales.....

according to LBS scuttle butt, the 2006 model line of both companies will in their grand majority be made in China. Virtually any carbon bike will soon be very hard to come by anyway. Reportedly, Airbus and Boeing are contracting much of the worlds output of carbon and graphite materials for their new competing airliner models.

May 2002
    I heard the Airbus will take up to 800 passengers or 400 Americans.

glutton for punishment
    Quote Originally Posted by divve
    I heard the Airbus will take up to 800 passengers or 400 Americans.
    Or 300 of the lard-asses I typically see on Treks (sporting full Postie kit, naturally.)

The idea that just because something was is made in Asia it has "no quality control" is totally asinine. (umm, Honda anyone?) If I had to make a knee-jerk choice based on continent of origin, I'd go with Asia in a heartbeat. At least there's a better chance the workers ride bikes themselves.

Personally, I think the LG frames are ugly - chunky and too much slope. But that may make them fly up hills, so...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2002

hahah

AAHHAHHAH

All I am sayn here me brothas, is dis cracka at da LBS said dat da carbone made for da LG frame sets is worth less than me shirt, das all. He has some experience be'en da fool he be, so I take what he half ta sa'y to da limit chu kno- I ain't tryn to play you foos for a piss, I jus' playn it how I hear it yo ya dig?

Besides, when or when was da las' time cyclingnews.com say sumtin bad about nutn or anythang? Thos white boyz get free prozac I be sure of it. Regan wat you expect the team to say about their new low riders?

Kaptain Fantastic out ma G

Cat Herder

Exclamation this may be a stupid question.....

if it is, by all means lash away....but, when was the last time a sponsored team bi*ched about the bike they were on?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2002

hmmm

I can answer this one-

Chris Horner Tour Of GA 2004 complaining about getting his custom made TT bike only a day before the TT and hence why he lost =/

Other than that........no one as long as they don't suffer from being severely self important

May 2004

Made in USA

Honda's are made in Ohio...to a very high standard obviously.

Many domestic car models from Ford and Chrysler are made in Mexico, or in the US with high Mexican parts content- making them less "domestic" than Honda's products.

FWIW, there are great China/Taiwan-made carbon frames (Orbea, Kuota, Storck), decent (Giant, Specialized) and questionable (Cervelo).

The hardest part is lack of SUPERVISION by the contracting company. Obviously, its hard to look over the shoulder of someone 8,000 miles away, and these composite contractors can have a difficult time adjusting to the nuances of bicycle production from say, tennis rackets and golf clubs...

Sooper Dooper Moderator!
    About a half a dozen years ago or so, I believe the Lotto Squad complained about their GT bikes. They said they rode too harshly.

Do not touch the trim.
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Endless Goods
    FWIW, there are great China/Taiwan-made carbon frames (Orbea, Kuota, Storck), decent (Giant, Specialized) and questionable (Cervelo)..
    I'd put Giant at the front of that list, Giant makes their own bikes, develops all their manufacturing processes and does all QC. Orbea, Kuota, Storck all buy from a supplier, and can't control quality like Giant. Nope I don't own a Giant but I've been around the industry a bit.

May 2005

I think I have one.

mine however is called a Prorace and rides beautifully. If you look at the two frames they are very, very similar. The frame is light and stiff and it does climb well.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Barneyhead123
    Has anyone tried the 2005 Louis Garneau carbon road bikes...6.3 frame or the 6.1...

Hmm...

That 6.1 frame looks might similar to the Immortal Force..

Much of everything is now made in the far east..

I am pretty sure those Devinci CF frames are made in the far east also, by Asian Robots...

They look really nice though...I saw them in person today and I loved the grey/paint/clearcoat on the low end 105 model.... very nice...

Last edited by shabbasuraj; 05-29-2005 at 06:22 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shabbasuraj
    Hmm...

Confirmed, Devinci insider told me that ... The CX frames are made in China using a unique Devinci designed mold..

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shabbasuraj
    Confirmed, Devinci insider told me that ... The CX frames are made in China using a unique Devinci designed mold..
    People's Republic of China or Taiwan?
    ________
    Cheap S Thunder Composite Pistol Launcher Agl Sb01
    Last edited by Bertrand; 05-01-2011 at 03:35 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand
    People's Republic of China or Taiwan?

PRC.....

aka Zonic Man
    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheRivet
    I'd put Giant at the front of that list, Giant makes their own bikes, develops all their manufacturing processes and does all QC. Orbea, Kuota, Storck all buy from a supplier, and can't control quality like Giant. Nope I don't own a Giant but I've been around the industry a bit.
    yeah, yeah.
    Last edited by Jed Peters; 06-10-2005 at 11:20 AM.