Lynskey Helix

Thread: Lynskey Helix

mik
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2008

Lynskey Helix

My New 2011 Lynskey Helix.... My first TI bike and after about 100 miles I am absolutely sold, happier than [email protected]# !! Never road TI before hoppin on this.... Closest dealer was 3 hours drive from my location and wasn't realistic to go for a test ride put my TRUST in The Guys in Chattanooga and they got it right...Off-The-Peg Size XL in bright brush finish with etched logos....I knew the stem would probably need to be lengthened and it did 110 to 130 did the trick....Beautiful piece of American Made functional Industrial Art and craftsmanship!!

18.5 lbs..: Size XL, Enve 2.0 fork, Force compact with speedplay X2's, dura ace tubeless wheels (using tubes), Thompson Elite post, Fizik Saddle, FSA bars, Easton EA70 stem

Hi of 80 degrees today in Wisco means the GSP is stayin home and the bike is goin out for an extended ride
    Attached Images Attached Images

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    Fine looking bike, mik! You'll enjoy it for a long long time.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009
    Nice!!!! My R340 is built very similar and I love it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2011
    That is a gorgeous ride!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006
    Are those road tubeless wheels? I haveShimano road tubeless and the LBS mechanics claim my Serotta Legend is the smoothest riding bike ever!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2005
    I have a Helix as well and really like it.
    "The problem with losing your mind is that by the time you realize it's gone, it's too late to get it back."
    Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    I'm really enjoying the look of the etched logos and customized name - I went back and forth thinking about whether to get etching done as well but since Lynskey will be my first road bike (they're still building it) I decided to get the standard white decal set -- thinking I could ship the frame back to them for etching if I wanted it done eventually.

It looks amazing; I'm having decal regret and it probably would have been easier to get the work done up front. Thanks for posting pics.

Defender of Freedom...
    You can have it sent back for the logo upgrade at a later time. I was set to do that exact thing on my L3 Custom before I ended up selling it for a Helix. If I recall it was going to be $300 to include refinishing, etching, and new headbadge.
    It never gets easier. You just go faster. Greg LeMond

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2008
    Beautiful bike- enjoy!

RoadBikeReview Member
    What were you riding before the Helix? How does the ride of the Helix compare? When I'm in the market for a new bike, I will definitely consider it. Would like to hear what you think about its performance.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2007
    Nice bike. If you are trying to get every last bit of comfort out of that bike without sacrificing perfomance, get a ti or carbon fiber post instead of the thomson. In the future you are going to have a hard time coming up with an excuse to ever get a new bike.

mik
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2008
    "What were you riding before the Helix? How does the ride of the Helix compare? When I'm in the market for a new bike, I will definitely consider it. Would like to hear what you think about its performance"
    Since 1985 i've been riding/racing the following:Schwinn Traveler, Cannondale, Schwinn Circuit, Trek 2300, (2) Trek OCLV's, Pedal Force ZX3

Like every other new ride, I find the Lynskey better than what I was riding previously....If i was still racing.. doing Cat 1,2,3 Masters Crits and road races and I could afford to replace this if I crashed and wrecked it, I would not be givin anything anyway on the Start Line by linin up with this beauty!!!
    I'm, 6'3 and 190lbs and this bike is very stable and snappy to me....Nice rigid carbon fork and no discernible flex in bb area or front triangle for me......

Juanmoretime
    Congratulations! I'm still very much in love with all my Lynskey's. My R320 is now at 12.45 lbs with climbing wheels on it!
    For my next trick I will now set myself on fire!