making a tri bike out of my road bike on a budget

Jul 2005

making a tri bike out of my road bike on a budget

I've got a seatpost on my bike that is not straight it has an angle on the post. My question is can I flip this around to get a more forward postion on the bike. I've got enough adjustment to get my seat angle right doig this.

n00bsauce
    Some yes, most no. If it's a Thomson, yes. We really have to know the make and model.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

There are your fog people & your sun people, he said. I said I wasn't sure which kind I was. He nodded. Fog'll do that to you, he said.

"We are all ignorant about most things."
    Mel Erickson

Resident Dutchbag

unsollicited advice.

If you need to lower your bars as well, search for a Look Ergostem on Ebay, it's adjustable so it will allow you to settle into a more aero position gradually.

Originally posted by thatsmybush:
    I can only speak for my self, but if Fergie wanted to rub her lovely lady lumps on me, I could play the role of "human stripper pole."

Jul 2005
    It says Cannondale Competition on it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

???

Quote Originally Posted by Neibe
    I've got a seatpost on my bike that is not straight it has an angle on the post. My question is can I flip this around to get a more forward postion on the bike. I've got enough adjustment to get my seat angle right doig this.
    Haven't you answered your own question? If you can get the seat angle adjusted properly with the post reversed, what's the problem? Usually that's the issue with reversing a post - the range of saddle angle adjustment is inadequate. Either way, it only takes about 5 minutes to try it.

Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by C-40
    Haven't you answered your own question? If you can get the seat angle adjusted properly with the post reversed, what's the problem? Usually that's the issue with reversing a post - the range of saddle angle adjustment is inadequate. Either way, it only takes about 5 minutes to try it.
    Yeah your probably right I guess I'm looking at the mount where the screws attach one side over hangs more than the other side. I'm wondering about the stress on the mount screws with it turn around.