Museeuw MFC 3.0 Framesets
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011

Museeuw MFC 3.0 Framesets

I have posted this in a couple places, but wanted to provide more details in a place where people might actually see it and benefit from it. This has to be one of the best deals I have ever seen in my time as a cyclist. Planet Cyclery has these carbon framesets on blowout sale for $329-$350. I bought one and built it up with a friendís assistance. The bike has been outstanding thus far. It rides very similarly to the old SL4 Specialized bikes in my opinion (Tarmac and Roubaix). Plenty smooth, but easy to get up to speed.

They are rim brake only and probably canít fit a wheel and tire combo thatís too much wider than 25mm, but if those things arenít deal breakers for you, I highly recommend you take a look. I love mine and clearly have no problem recommending them. My guess is that inventory wonít last long because it looks like a number of people on the shopís group ride have picked one up as well. Some of them came off of bikes that were significantly more expensive (including me). The shop owner Larry now rides a pretty tricked out one as well. Definitely worth a look.

https://planetcyclery.com/museeuw-mfc-3-0-frame
    Last edited by Rashadabd; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:25 PM.
    Every climb has its end, for verily with difficulty there is relief...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    I should add that my small is sub 17lbs with Shimano 105 7000 components, aluminum bars, aluminum stem, 3 year old middle of the road Look pedals, and $189 Chain Reaction Cycles aluminum Prime wheels (another great value). I could easily get it down to 16 or so lbs without breaking the bank. Happy to answer any questions people have. Feel free to DM.
    Last edited by Rashadabd; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:26 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2009
    Not to mention that Johan was great to watch in Paris Roubaix.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jnbrown View Post
    Not to mention that Johan was great to watch in Paris Roubaix.
    The Lion of Flanders....

RoadBikeReview Member
    Yeah, good luck with that

Ask yourself why there is still inventory floating about of a ten year old design from a company that went belly up five years ago.

Those frames had a pretty bad reputation for developing cracks. I'd only be interested if they came with an iron clad warranty.
    Alleged "Campy fanboy" and "Einstein".

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackers View Post
    Yeah, good luck with that

Ask yourself why there is still inventory floating about of a ten year old design from a company that went belly up five years ago.

Those frames had a pretty bad reputation for developing cracks. I'd only be interested if they came with an iron clad warranty.
    Not one person that rides with Planet Cyclery has had a problem. Feel free to call and ask. Iím sure you have some evidence to support your claims that you plan to post here or else thatís an interesting game youíre playing.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    $329 frameset plus a Tiagra or 105 groupset from a UK seller would be a cost effective dedicated direct drive trainer bike.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremerradkurier View Post
    $329 frameset plus a Tiagra or 105 groupset from a UK seller would be a cost effective dedicated direct drive trainer bike.
    That was actually my original goal. I go rock climbing and mountain biking more than anything these days. Once I rode the bike though, I kind of fell in love with it. Itís a lot of fun to have for the price and I donít ride a ton on the road anymore anyway.