My new Wilier
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new Wilier

RoadBikeReview Member

Talking My new Wilier

Just thought I would post some pics of my new ride.2008 Wilier izoard W/Campy Record.I know I know. I will upgrade the wheels sooner than later! I am also still deciding on stem height.
    Attached Images Attached Images

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2007
    Pretty Sexy ride!

Resident Curmudgeon
    Nov 2005
    Very nice. Congrats.
    Before you criticize someone walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them you'll be a mile away & you'll have their shoes.

Aug 2005
    Looks great. 73 parallel - should be a nice snappy ride. I've got a Thor with the 72.35 head and it's not snappy, rather sleek and smooth. Ride quality is thrilling. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time.

Dopers ruin sport
    Great Ride, have fun

Rollin' Stones
    The more I see of the Wilier, the more I really like them. That is a super nice bike!
    I want rustlers, cutthroats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con-men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull-dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, sh**-kickers, and Methodists!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2006
    Really nice. But is that a "Supergo/Performance" saddle? That thing cries out for some "selle" from "Italia."

RoadBikeReview Member

Supergo rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Really nice. But is that a "Supergo/Performance" saddle? That thing cries out for some "selle" from "Italia."
    Thanks for the compliment.And yes that is a supergo saddle.My arse would never forgive me if I ever got rid of it(super comfortable)!!!plus it only weighs 173 grams w/TI rails.

RoadBikeReview Member

Wink Smooth not snappy!

Quote Originally Posted by mandovoodoo
    Looks great. 73 parallel - should be a nice snappy ride. I've got a Thor with the 72.35 head and it's not snappy, rather sleek and smooth. Ride quality is thrilling. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time.
    Just like you said, my bike feels smooth and super stable! It eats up decents and corners like no other bike I have had.Could be that I am used to riding bikes considered snappy!And thanks for the compliment!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolamite
    Thanks for the compliment.And yes that is a supergo saddle.My arse would never forgive me if I ever got rid of it(super comfortable)!!!plus it only weighs 173 grams w/TI rails.
    Actually I had one on my now departed Scattante XRL "beater bike" and it was every bit as comfortable as my Selle Italia Flite Ti and the inexpensive CR2 on my fixie. And far better than, what is for me, the marginal Fizik Arione.

And yes, that Campy specced Willier is bike I could proudly call my own.

On the wrong floor again
    Great bike! That blue trim is different and I really like it!

Tim

RoadBikeReview Member

It's not red white and black!

Quote Originally Posted by takl23
    Great bike! That blue trim is different and I really like it!

Tim
    Thanks.Wilier has two paint options for the izoard.I just wanted something a little diffrent than all the ohter red black and white bikes out at the moment!And you also do not see to many Wiliers around!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Actually I had one on my now departed Scattante XRL "beater bike" and it was every bit as comfortable as my Selle Italia Flite Ti and the inexpensive CR2 on my fixie. And far better than, what is for me, the marginal Fizik Arione.

And yes, that Campy specced Willier is bike I could proudly call my own.
    I took mine off my Scattante SC-R wich I still own(I love that bike!!)I will probably put it back on after I buy my new prologo scratch in white! IMO they should have dumped the performance brand and kept supergo with all the awsome weyless stuff!

No team-cest unless 8+!
    Record Red! Sexy!

It looks REALLY good.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruzer2424
    Record Red! Sexy!

It looks REALLY good.
    How does the new RED levers feel compared to the regular Record ones. Is it really a noticable difference? Very nice bike, what wheels are you thinking about getting?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyORCA
    How does the new RED levers feel compared to the regular Record ones. Is it really a noticable difference? Very nice bike, what wheels are you thinking about getting?
    I believe the changes were mostly cosmetic to mimic and try to gain some leverage against the very popular SRAM Red Group. Did you know that SRAM Red is outselling both Shimano and Campy combined 3 to 1? Campy had to do something to stop the hemorraging. Shimano is next.

Defender of Freedom...
    I rode a set a few weeks ago. Feels almost identical to 2-3 year old Chorus ergos. Much more audible and positive "click".
    It never gets easier. You just go faster. Greg LeMond

RoadBikeReview Member

Feels Good!

I did not try the reg Record.They feel just like my 06' centuar groupo wich is exactly what I was looking for!! Campagnolo is my personal preference I have tried the rest so I just stick with the best!! Plus I love the thumb action. I can thank Shimano sora for that.

RoadBikeReview Member

Right on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramjm_2000
    I rode a set a few weeks ago. Feels almost identical to 2-3 year old Chorus ergos. Much more audible and positive "click".
    +1 I feel the same!Feels just like my 06'centuar.

No team-cest unless 8+!
    Quote Originally Posted by master2129
    Did you know that SRAM Red is outselling both Shimano and Campy combined 3 to 1?
    Hmm... where did you hear that?

RoadBikeReview Member
    I believe the changes were mostly cosmetic to mimic and try to gain some leverage against the very popular SRAM Red Group. Did you know that SRAM Red is outselling both Shimano and Campy combined 3 to 1? Campy had to do something to stop the hemorraging. Shimano is next.
    Not 3 to 1 at OEM level, where it all counts. Otherwise you'd see 3x the amount of red bikes compared to campy and shimano. All it takes is a simple visit to a shop sales floor with some high end product to verify this one. I also work in a shop with lots of eye candy frames with custom kit options people certainly aren't asking for red 3 to 1 in this department. In fact it's still the opposite....

Feb 2007
    Excellent, very nice!!
    David Leroy Loving, III
    Waxahachie, Texas
    Biciclette Gios

cog-it-goes ergo sum
    Did you know that SRAM Red is outselling both Shimano and Campy combined 3 to 1?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Versatile
    94.26% of all statistics are spontaneously made up.
    D

Sep 2006
    Nice bike!

What are thoughts about SRAM? I asked my LBS about a SRAM compact and he told me he wouldn't do it. No junk in his shop. He says they buy really nice stuff from other companies and ruin it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by BluRooster
    Nice bike!

What are thoughts about SRAM? I asked my LBS about a SRAM compact and he told me he wouldn't do it. No junk in his shop. He says they buy really nice stuff from other companies and ruin it.
    Your LBS sounds retarded. SRAM has the hottest group on the market with hardcore DA and Campy Teams flocking over to its Red Group. If that's what they really said then I'd like to know what other "really nice stuff from other companies" they carry. I'm just curious.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast