Neuvation's F100 Series bikes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2007

Neuvation's F100 Series bikes

So I randomly mosey over to Neuvation for the heck of it and I see they have a new Bicycles button/tab link. :O BIkes I Say?! I'm a bit spiffed about these although they do look a bit drab. The prices are very competitive and I'm not really sure what else to say. Here's the link: http://www.neuvationcycling.com/bicycles.html

Go ahead and discuss amongst yourselves~ Opinions, Theories, Facts, Has anyone touched one? Comments about statements presented about it.

What I think? - Well, Neuvation has a special place in my heart since the company seems to be a no thrills, quality product for a respective price. Like the page says, low overhead lets up keep our cash, while letting him keep more cash for himself too. Isn't that what a business is about? I like the review scores I see on the Neuvation wheels, and can't wait to see what people say about these frames. But like I said.... they sure aren't something you'd write home about concerning the aesthetics.

(I searched around for a topic about these bikes, but was unable to find one, if there is one already feel free to lock this thread and direct me to the pre-existing one.)

trying to HTFU...
    what's more exciting is that he now has powertap wheels...
    Improving on self-torture for more than 3.6^2 years.

check out the podium
    they look like the leader frames.... good for him, Jim is a good guy trying to do the right thing. He's honest and hard working.

I'm waiting on their tubular wheels!!
    http://legolord.blogspot.com/

early registration is worth hundreds of hours of training

-avatar photo courtesy of hup united

More Cowbell
    Geez those are ugly....

Juanmoretime
    Quote Originally Posted by myette10
    they look like the leader frames.... good for him, Jim is a good guy trying to do the right thing. He's honest and hard working.

Who is Jim? John's brother?
    For my next trick I will now set myself on fire!

Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Juanmoretime
    Who is Jim? John's brother?
    Yeah. Their parents had three kids: John, Jim, and Ted. John made his name in wheels. Teddy made his name and fame by getting all sweaty when he caught Cat Scratch Fever. Jim, however, didn't make a name for himself and was only able to stir up a giant pot of angst and sociopathic behavior, especially as he was the youngest, living in the shadow of his two brothers, and also as his mom and dad raised him, from birth, as the daughter they always wanted but never had. John's now tied up in his own basement.
    Hit me again, Ike, and put some stank on it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Just paint "Cervelo Team" on the side and fool all your friends. By the way, where is the size/geometry info? How are you supposed to know if one will even fit you?

POGUE MAHONE
    Mar 2007
    Maybe Jim can start selling rifles and crossbows as well
    My kickstand is busted.

waterproof*
    Wow, definitely surprised.

I'm also a Neuvation fan; have been using his wheels for years now for race day.

But... does the world need another house brand alu 105 bike?

edit... at least it's black...
    * not actually a Rock Star

Twitterpated
    Quote Originally Posted by lalahsghost
    So I randomly mosey over to Neuvation...

What?!? get outta here. I'm gonna go over there right now. You better not be fooling.

...Wow, that's pretty wild. I like that he has his own brand name on them.

I do love my Neuvations (R28 SL2's iirc)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2006
    It resembles the leader bikes, but doesn't have the downtube ovalized at the bb.

More closely resembles the Soloist Team.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Cool! And I like the way you can customize your bike any way you want (component wise anyway) by mixing and matching the components. Almost like ordering a computer online from someone like Dell. If you want to upgrade or downgrade any particular component, all your choices are right there. That is with the exception of a choice of color. Reminds me of the Ford Model T. You could have any color you wanted as long as it was black.

BTW, I did find the frame sizes under the the sizes tab (48, 51, 54, 56, 58, and 61cm) but no geometry specs.

Jay
    Treker
    'It is a good day to ride."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Treker

BTW, I did find the frame sizes under the the sizes tab (48, 51, 54, 56, 58, and 61cm) but no geometry specs.
    Which happen to be the same sizes the soloist team is available in... hmmm

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fivethumbs
    Just paint "Cervelo Team" on the side and fool all your friends. By the way, where is the size/geometry info? How are you supposed to know if one will even fit you?
    Wouldn't even come close. The seat tube on that Neuvation bike is round. Whereas the Cervelo Soloist team frame is naca profiled tube.

That neuvation bike is ugly because it is not the "euro cool" setup. Forexample, stem that tilts up, and an ugly non carbon seatpost. Swap those two things out and it would look miles better.
    (\ /)
    (O.o)
    (> <)
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bane
    It resembles the leader bikes, but doesn't have the downtube ovalized at the bb.

More closely resembles the Soloist Team.
    I know you guys probably didn't need this, but the Cervelo soloist team bike, and this one do have some very similar qualities, yet the Neuvation one seems to have one or two diff spots for cable stops, and the rear hanger area. Pic for looksies~ (cable stop observation not shown in img)

IT looks like the Neuvation bike is built a little more rugged, as in not willing to shave off as much. :shrug:

As for geometry, should we throw a line over to Neuvation or wait and see what happens with site construction?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2007
    "Made of aluminum but ride like titanium."

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2006
    Seems like every other aluminum/105 bike out there except for two things: It has wheels that aren't complete crap (like the usual alex fare), but instead are strong and ~1500g. It comes in a size 61cm, which is exciting to us big guys. Though it could really be a size 59ish relabeled as a 61, which would suck.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by myette10

His name is John, not Jim. John Neugent. One of the most honest manufacturers in our sport today. All the big guys need to take a page out of his playbook.

I'm not too sure about the frames he's going to push, but the price point is very aggressive and he should get a lot of entry level interest. ALU is back!

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by lalahsghost
    I know you guys probably didn't need this, but the Cervelo soloist team bike, and this one do have some very similar qualities, yet the Neuvation one seems to have one or two diff spots for cable stops, and the rear hanger area. Pic for looksies~
    Those are fine details. You missed the very obvious bigger difference - the seat tube that runs from the bottom bracket to the top tube. The Neuvation is a plain round tube. The Solist team is an oval tube. Given this corner that is cut, there may be one that is not visible. The Cervelo uses variable thickness tubes. We don't know what's in the Neuvation. Then there's things like materials - what type of aluminum alloy is used, etc.

I'm not saying that the Neuvation is a good or bad frame. I don't know. But some people are implying that the Neuvation is a re-branded Soloist Team. Its obviously not.

Bob

RoadBikeReview Member
    Just curious ... has anyone bought one yet? Or seen a review for one?

Shan

Master of flip comments
    Quote Originally Posted by 55/Rad
    Geez those are ugly....
    I gotta agree. Those are the fugliest bikes I've seen in a long time. I think it's the seatpost that really turns my stomach.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2009

I have a f100 Neuvation full sram red with r 28 sl5's

My full sram red f100 with r 28 sl5's and a full carbon fork comes in at 15.5 lbs without pedals, size 51 cm. The bike is very responsive. Its stiff in the bottom bracket and chainstays but won't rattle your brain on centuries. The wheel base is very tight with some toe over-lap making the bike quick in the handling department. The bike is not as comfortable as a specialized roubaix but it is also not as flexy when getting out of the saddle. Compared to the specialized tarmac I tried at the same price point it is 4.5 lbs lighter and just plain responsive in every department. The specialized has a lot more bling but not nearly as much go. I'll take go over bling any day. The cervelo S1 feels very similar to this bike but you get ultegra components and a dog set of shimano 1900 gram wheels resulting in a 17 lb bike for the same price as my neuvation. No matter how you slice it the neuvation deal is superior. John has excellent support with instructions on maintenance of his hubs and support any time you need it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Seems that every time I read something on Neuvation bikes it is all positive! I just ordered the F100 myself but with Sram Rival and R28 Aeros for wheels. This is my first bike, hope it fits like a glove!

RoadBikeReview Member
    I've had mine almost 2 years now. I absolutely love it.

F100 Aluminum w/ SRAM Force components and ceramic bearings throughout.

1 Corinthians 10:31
    Jul 2004
    I just bought a used Neuvation f100 w/ sram force. It is lighter than my old 2007 tarmac expert and the frame "feels" better in the sprints and corners. I don't know exactly how it'll feel over a century, but I'm looking forward to trying it out. I think its the ultimate tri/road bike for a budget rider because its full of power and pretty aero as well. It looks amazing in person as well. I would like to see a different Neuvation logo than what is currently out, but that's much less important than the overall feel of the bike and the component package.
    1 Corinthians 10:31

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast