Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mlewis73 View Post
    Can't sleep. Thinking about going for a ride.
    Did you decide what frame size to stick with? I'm about to go for a ride very soon. It's been way too long.....

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2011
    So I had an official weigh in today with a new scale I bought ($10 on amazon. great find). And I weighed her first with everything on it (minus my emergency saddle bag). So the bike with 2 bottle cages, pedals, and computer came in at 18.43lb.

That's not too bad I don't think for this frame. I will be ordering a much lighter seatpost and saddle very soon and it should get down to around 18 or under.

New pedals will help eventually too (I need to replace my current ones because they suck..... and saving weight would be nice as well).

Now to go ride!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    FYI: this frame is on sale for $147.00 and if you buy before midnight Oct. 6 you get free standard shipping. Just ordered mine. Get on it!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2011
    So a year later I've put a lot of miles on this frame and the build has gone through some major changes technically and aesthetically.

Here is my $150 Nashbar AL/carbon frame in it's current, 15.70lb form:

Better pictures to come.

After a year of riding it I can say that it's held up very well for the price. I do now realize that it's not so stiff.......

You can actually flex the rear carbon triangle with your hands.... But as a first real road bike for me, it's been fantastic. I always intended to eventually upgrade the frame/fork, and I still will, but I'm happy riding this frame through the winter and we'll see what happens when Spring rolls around again.

How has everyone else found their frames?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Syncmaster View Post
    So a year later I've put a lot of miles on this frame and the build has gone through some major changes technically and aesthetically.

Here is my $150 Nashbar AL/carbon frame in it's current, 15.70lb form:

Better pictures to come.

After a year of riding it I can say that it's held up very well for the price. I do now realize that it's not so stiff.......

You can actually flex the rear carbon triangle with your hands.... But as a first real road bike for me, it's been fantastic. I always intended to eventually upgrade the frame/fork, and I still will, but I'm happy riding this frame through the winter and we'll see what happens when Spring rolls around again.

How has everyone else found their frames?

LOL. Old thread, I know, but I can't resist. Still riding mine, with Force components, 7 years later. She is doing great! Have to give props to Nashbar...I paid $75 for this frame back in 2011. Thinking about selling now,as I have built up an old Serotta with vintage Dura Ace and am getting my old Trek with old Ultegra back. LOL...can't go with any bike built after 1993.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234