New Trek Domane
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: New Trek Domane

  1. #1
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,787

    New Trek Domane

    Now aero, clearance for legit gravel sized tires, and adjustable compliance.

    https://www.cyclingweekly.com/group-...k-domane-37724
    Every climb has its end, for verily with difficulty there is relief...

  2. #2
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,787
    Every climb has its end, for verily with difficulty there is relief...

  3. #3
    'brifter' is a lame word.
    Reputation: cxwrench's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    14,453
    We got one on Monday, looks pretty nice. Who knows what might get smuggled in the 'tool sock'.
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

  4. #4
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,787
    Quote Originally Posted by cxwrench View Post
    We got one on Monday, looks pretty nice. Who knows what might get smuggled in the 'tool sock'.
    Lol, yeah that thing looks like it could come in pretty handy.
    Every climb has its end, for verily with difficulty there is relief...

  5. #5
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    427
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashadabd View Post
    Now aero, clearance for legit gravel sized tires, and adjustable compliance.

    https://www.cyclingweekly.com/group-...k-domane-37724
    AND a T47 threaded BB!!

    Alas, they are going with H2 geo only, and that Domane will NOT fit me: going up the sizes, by the time I get enough reach, there is already way too much stack. I could maybe ride it with a 130 or 140mm stem, but that seems a bit extreme to me.

  6. #6
    'brifter' is a lame word.
    Reputation: cxwrench's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    14,453
    Quote Originally Posted by fronesis View Post
    AND a T47 threaded BB!!

    Alas, they are going with H2 geo only, and that Domane will NOT fit me: going up the sizes, by the time I get enough reach, there is already way too much stack. I could maybe ride it with a 130 or 140mm stem, but that seems a bit extreme to me.
    I ride a 130. Pro guys ride 130-140 all the time. If it didn't work they wouldn't do it.
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

  7. #7
    Schuylkill Trail Bum
    Reputation: SPlKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,500
    I think I'll play the powerball lottery this week.

  8. #8
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    427
    Quote Originally Posted by cxwrench View Post
    I ride a 130. Pro guys ride 130-140 all the time. If it didn't work they wouldn't do it.
    That gives me something to think about. Iíve looked back at the numbers and it would fit me fine with a 130.

  9. #9
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,787
    Quote Originally Posted by fronesis View Post
    That gives me something to think about. Iíve looked back at the numbers and it would fit me fine with a 130.
    What I did with my 2018 H2 fit Domane was I slammed the stem and the fit was spectacular. H2 without spacers is similar to a lot of our race bike fits with spacers I found.
    Every climb has its end, for verily with difficulty there is relief...

  10. #10
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Srode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,419
    Some nice improvements, but I'm not a fan of a heavier bike (200 grams) or the top tube cable routing which will interfere with a top tub bag. When manufactures do that (like 3T) they really need to add a feature to attach a bag on top IMHO - but I'm in the minority there I'm sure. Other than the room for more tires, I don't see a compelling reason to choose this over a Madone
    Gravel Rocks

    Trek Domane
    Niner RLT9 (Gravel Bike)
    Trek Crockett

  11. #11
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,631
    Seems a trend comes along and suddenly every bike must advertise the feature. Until recently it was aero, not its more clearance for larger tires. Nothing wrong with either, but not every bike needs these features.

  12. #12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Rogus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by Srode View Post
    Some nice improvements, but I'm not a fan of a heavier bike (200 grams) or the top tube cable routing which will interfere with a top tub bag. When manufactures do that (like 3T) they really need to add a feature to attach a bag on top IMHO - but I'm in the minority there I'm sure. Other than the room for more tires, I don't see a compelling reason to choose this over a Madone
    Thanks for pointing this out. I always use a top tube bag and didn't even pay attention to cable routing as an issue for it's use. Was about to order a '20 Domane and now back to a Roubaix as top choice.

Similar Threads

  1. 2008 Trek Madone 5.2 vs 2014 Trek Domane 4.3 for new cyclist
    By Boehmer in forum General Cycling Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-04-2015, 02:46 AM
  2. Trek Domane 4.3 vs Domane 4.0 Disk
    By gexus in forum Bikes, Frames and Forks
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-27-2014, 04:30 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-25-2014, 08:29 PM
  4. 2013 Domane 4.5 or 2014 Domane 4.7
    By ccoppola in forum Beginner's Corner
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 11-04-2013, 12:59 PM
  5. Need input on the Domane and my non-Domane options
    By bikewriter in forum Bikes, Frames and Forks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-08-2013, 03:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.