Newbie (Orbea or Felt)
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2007

Newbie (Orbea or Felt)

Hello All,

It been a long time since I was on a road bike, and I thought it was time to gt back into it. I have done some reading and still playing some catch up on the technology. Just wanted to toss ot a question. I have set a bugdet of $1100 for my first road bike, and I found some models all in that range, new but 06 models. Right now, I can pick up a Orbea 06 Marmaloda, a Orbea Mitis or a Felt F5C for around the same price. $1100 and some change.

Wanted to see if anyone had any input, as it's all appreciated. Perhaps I should lower my price range and go with something less expensive, or perhaps these bikes should be my target given their marked down price.

Thanks in advance.

RoadBikeReview Member

Marmolada come with Campy?

I've see an Orbea with Campy Veloce for about $1100 in the L.A. Sports & Fitness mags. It is a great deal but I have it admit it was a while ago that I last saw that ad. It may have been a Marmolada so that is why I ask if this one has Veloce parts. Anyway between the Felt and the Orbea, without knowing what is on which bike, I would have to say I would lean toward the Orbea. Very nice framesets. My GF has an Mitis Dama with full Ultegra 10 and Ksyrium Elites. She paid a helluva more than $1100!!! Between the Marmolada and the Mitis, the Mitis is the higher-end frame so I am suprised that they are the same price. Anyhow, good luck in your choice. And also, this price point is the right one for a first time buyer. Any less and you will want to upgrade within 6 months and in the end you will spend more. Ride ON and Fight ON!!!

RoadBikeReview Member

Just my $0.02 worth...

I'll keep this short.

I had a 06 Felt F2C - hit by a Suburban over Xmas this past year and replaced the Felt with an Orbea Orca - World of difference between the two on how they ride.

I had some issues with the Felt - out of the saddle climbs when I was torking really hard and I would get the rear wheel lifting and skipping - happened quite often. Never had this happen on any other bikes I have owned - does not do it on the Orca. Must be something with the Felt geomerty.

I think the Felt is a bit flexier. The Orbea geometry is much more stable at slow and high speeds - ride has a more confident and inspiring ride feel to it.

KMan
    www.MLKimages.com

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich
    Hello All,

It been a long time since I was on a road bike, and I thought it was time to gt back into it. I have done some reading and still playing some catch up on the technology. Just wanted to toss ot a question. I have set a bugdet of $1100 for my first road bike, and I found some models all in that range, new but 06 models. Right now, I can pick up a Orbea 06 Marmaloda, a Orbea Mitis or a Felt F5C for around the same price. $1100 and some change.

Wanted to see if anyone had any input, as it's all appreciated. Perhaps I should lower my price range and go with something less expensive, or perhaps these bikes should be my target given their marked down price.

Thanks in advance.