Pinarello Dogma 2
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2007

Pinarello Dogma 2

Ive been looking into getting a new Road bike recently and came upong someone looking to sell there frameset. Its a Pinarello Dogma 2 2012 model . Its used and hasn't seen alot of heavy riding. The owner says he's put about 200 - 250 or so on it, most of the riding has been down and around in Miami FL. The frame is in great shape, and comes with all its original parts ( i.e. fork, seatpost ) . Total price is $2000. some peole that I've talked to have told me when you see an offer like this its usually to good to be true. But i got in contact with this person through family in miami who know the seller personally. If i get this bike i think I'll also get a Campagnolo Chorus component set, and a Reynolds wheel set off of Nashbar.com. all the other small parts i can scrounge from the bike i have know. If i do this I can have a Dogma 2 for about $4500.
    So is it worth the money ?

fu
    Yes, a Dogma frame that's practically brand new for $2K is worth the money. Just realize that you're taking a risk. Because the guy says it has 250 miles on it, doesn't mean it does and despite what he tells you, it could be damaged (even if it looks good) and/or stolen.
    My other chainring is a 39...
    Strava profile

Cranky Old Bastard
    I don't know anything about Pinarello other than there are lots of framesets in China for around $600.

I'm not suggesting someone buy a fake; just that a "too good to be true" deal may be one of those.

Wholesale pinarello frame - Buy Low Price pinarello frame Lots on Aliexpress.com

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2007
    AS far as its use and condition , Miami is a fairly flat area , and he said he's only used it for a couple of group and charity rides. The Frame is a 56cm, but hes apparently better suited for a 58cm frame. He's swapped out the his wheelsets and other components to a frame better suited for him and is now looking to sell this frame. Im at least sure its not a scam.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by colsan3333 View Post
    AS far as its use and condition , Miami is a fairly flat area , and he said he's only used it for a couple of group and charity rides. The Frame is a 56cm, but hes apparently better suited for a 58cm frame. He's swapped out the his wheelsets and other components to a frame better suited for him and is now looking to sell this frame. Im at least sure its not a scam.
    If you're certain it's not a scam of any kind, then I'd say hurry up and pull the darned trigger!

However, I'm still just a bit suspicious...

Personally, I think I'd rather have this brand new one for less $$$ with a warranty below:

TCR_Composite_0_compact.jpg
    The Giant TCR Composite ~ $4000
    Last edited by Zeet; 04-19-2013 at 10:58 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2009
    If he is the original owner then have him show you the receipt from where he bought it to rule out a fake. For $2000 you could buy almost any used high end carbon frame used (for example Tarmac S-Works) so I would test ride some bikes before buying.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2003
    This is an easy problem to solve.

Ask for a photo of the serial number, and ask Pinarello via their website if the bike is genuine. If you decide to purchase the frame based on the info you receive from Pinarello, then make the purchase subject to verification of the serial number in person, i.e. if you receive the frame and the serial number doesn't match, then you can return the frame for a refund.

IMO, $2000 seems too low for this to be a genuine Pinarello.

I'm selling my 2012 Dogma 2 Black-on-Black, size 56cm for $3250, and I've turned down an offer of $3000.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2009

Cranky Old Bastard
    Quote Originally Posted by tvad View Post
    This is an easy problem to solve.

Ask for a photo of the serial number, and ask Pinarello via their website if the bike is genuine. If you decide to purchase the frame based on the info you receive from Pinarello, then make the purchase subject to verification of the serial number in person, i.e. if you receive the frame and the serial number doesn't match, then you can return the frame for a refund.
    Sounds like the solution to the problem!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    an excellent but used 2012 Dogma 2 frame for $2000 is a steal. Have the guy show the receipt, if it's legit, then buy it.

If no receipt, then no deal. Dogma 2 is one of the most faked frame on the market. No proof of authenticity, no deal. No serial# verification, no deal. It's that simple.

As for some one suggesting the S-works and TCR, well IMO those 2 bikes are cool too but don't have the sex appeal of the Doggie.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    yup, lots of Chinarello fakes out there. My BIL bought one in Shanghai for a few hun. The giveaway was that it had 105 components, who the hell puts 105 on a Pino?