Scott CR1 Elite Vs Scott Foil 30?
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2006

Scott CR1 Elite Vs Scott Foil 30?

Relax vs race geometry. I started road riding two months ago and I'm totally hooked. Coming from a MTB back ground, I was only doing it to get stronger on the MTB, but after several club rides I'm wondering if I got the wrong bike. I have a 2012 Scott CR1 Elite and I still like the bike and probably I'll I need. I'm just wondering if I'm over thinking the need for a more aggressive geometry and a little more speed. Currently riding about 8-10 hours a week for the last 6 months. Bottom line, is one really faster than the other or am I over thinking this whole thing?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2012
    Sounds like you're riding a lot already! Awesome - same thing happened to me!

IMO I'd say you're over thinking. The CR1 is a great bike and not exactly "relaxed" geometry. When I think of a relaxed sportive bike I think Roubaix. If you want more aggressive - slam the stem

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2011
    +1

The CR1 is a less aggressive geometry but it is not a relaxed geometry. The Foil is incredibly stiff...I've heard it called a kidney kicker. I'd say stay with the CR1 the Foil won't give you more speed